Closed Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: After Life

Otaku ScionofDestiny may be famous one day ScionofDestiny may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: After Life

It is a question because he uses question marks the majority of the time - and also, he was using your own method against you in hopes that you might reexamine what you wrote and acknowledge something in it might be flawed, because that is learning, and it is a large part of life. It's a subtle kind of question you need to look out for in these kind of conversations.
    Last edited by ScionofDestiny; Aug 03, 2006 at 10:37 PM.

Banned SilentAssasin may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScionofDestiny
    It is a question because he uses question marks the majority of the time - and also, he was using your own method against you in hopes that you might reexamine what you wrote and acknowledge something in it might be flawed, because that is learning, and it is a large part of life.
    There is nothing wrong with my post. Well god DOESNT lie, so by not believing him your just basically calling him a liar. And tell me what is wrong with my post.

Edit:Oh and I wasnt asking, I was making a statement.
    Last edited by SilentAssasin; Aug 03, 2006 at 10:39 PM.

Thanks

You really seem to have underestimated the complexity of the argument you have just breached. If it were as easy as you think to solve, then spiritual philosophers and theologians would have stopped arguing about it years ago - what makes you think your views match up to those of some of the greatest spiritual thinkers in history, who spent their entire lives in comtemplation, prayer, and meditation?

Also, it depends on how you define a lie; and this becomes even more difficult when we're talking about a being that is omniscient, omnipotent, etc - both of which are philosophical arguments in and of itself.

The 'problem' with your post was that you inferred that I was wrong because you filtered what I said through your own perceptual blender and deduced that must be the case. You didn't stop to think about it from other perspectives; be they from our own modern age or those of long ago. Because of that, he easily matched your pattern and used it against you.

Your defense: God does not lie.

This wouldn't hold up in any debate. You need to cite some sources when you make a statement like this; making logical argument ... things like that.

For the sake of argument, I will put forth a cynical argument about God that I don't really believe in:

If God is the source of everything, then surely He is the Source of Lies. If all things came from God and lies are, then they must exist and they must have come from God. If they come from God, He must have made them. If God made lies, then he is a liar (and so on and so forth)
    Last edited by ScionofDestiny; Aug 03, 2006 at 11:16 PM.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

theres no proof whatso ever that god is real, gods a fairy tale, and your threats about me burning in hell dont mean nothin to me. I dont believe in hell, when i die, i will die. Electrical impulses in the brain stop, which means i will no longer be able to think or feel. How can i be tortured if my mind ceases to exist? exactly i wont. You cant go anywhere besides nowhere

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

theres no proof whatso ever that god is real, gods a fairy tale, and your threats about me burning in hell dont mean nothin to me. I dont believe in hell, when i die, i will die. Electrical impulses in the brain stop, which means i will no longer be able to think or feel. How can i be tortured if my mind ceases to exist? exactly i wont. You cant go anywhere besides nowhere

Thanks

... unless you believe in Quantum Immortality, in which case, you will never die ... and that is only one of many afterlife Quantum based theories...

You know maromi, it's as if the thought of God existing fills you with disgust.
    Last edited by ScionofDestiny; Aug 03, 2006 at 11:27 PM.

Banned SilentAssasin may be famous one day
    Thanks

What in the hell kind of forum did I just join? Is this some sort of anti-christ place? Does anyone here believe in god? I dont think I should come to this forum anymore.

Newbie MagnaCartana may be famous one day MagnaCartana may be famous one day MagnaCartana's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree SilentAssasin, but we can't expect everyone to be Christians. I don't think it is possible to convert these people. Let them believe what they want to. If God wanted them to believe they would have believed.

Lets try to continue this topic without degrading other peoples religion.
    Besides we're here because we like Anime. not because of our religion.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast