+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Age Differences...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Age Differences...

Quote Originally Posted by neko nathaniel View Post
    no u are rong ace she is 21 and so hapins to live with her father.if a dad dus not let his dater rull her own life at 21 thers something rong with that! just ask any one and shold not mater if shes liveing withe her dad or not.so be it that he duse not like him that just means dont bring him to the house.just remember he is 31 and u are21 so just dong go rushing into thing

i wuld like be friend for a bit still.bring him to the house to see your dad a few time and see how it gos. but thats just me
    I'm pretty sure you don't understand the mentality behind the mind of a Father, especially one of a 21 year old girl. See, to them, they will forever be their darling little angel, and they will always want to protect them. My dad still does that to my sister, and she's married and has four kids.

Fathers know what other men can be like: Because they used to be one. They just don't magically become like that at some point in their lives.

And about the house rules thing, You're just Naive if you think the world works like you say it does.

I also live in my parents basement. I rent it, and even though I pay fully 1/3rd of my parents mortgage payment (Which is 1,800/mo, my cut of that is 600/mo), I STILL have strict rules that I have to live by, and I've broken them a few times and it almost landed me on the street.

Eventually, your parents WILL do the same thing to you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

EmoNightmareRose (Jul 27, 2009)

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

I happen to agree with ace. He provides a logical point. Even I, at my young age, know that much. I've seen it doen before. Me and my parents are living with my brother, and my brother makes most of the rules(even my parents say so). Even if I complain to my parents, they can't do anything about(It's a good thing my brother isn't really that strict, though). Since you're living under your parent's roof, then you got to abide by their rules. You can't think you got all of the freedom in the world, if you still live your parents(even if they are renting it). Move out, if you want to do what you want.

@Neko: I believe you're wrong. Rules are there for a reason. You can't just do whatever you want. Why is it so wrong if a parent is overprotective? I'm saying overprotective because that's how parents are. You see it as them not letting you have freedom, but truth is, they're most likely worrying about you.

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Jul 26, 2009)

Banned neko nathaniel is off to a good start neko nathaniel's Avatar
    Thanks

lol yes i agree on the part of her always being daddys little girl but the rest no.at my age 17 i have a part time job as a bus boy and make 6.50. my parents did not want me to git a job but o well when i move out i want a good place to live.so thay wont git a chance to kick me out because im moveing out ON MY B-DAY! and i cant wait.dont git me rong its good liveing here but i want to be even more free.

and in some ways yes it is rong for the paren to be over protektive because its called EXSPERIANCE!

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neko nathaniel View Post
    lol yes i agree on the part of her always being daddys little girl but the rest no.at my age 17 i have a part time job as a bus boy and make 6.50. my parents did not want me to git a job but o well when i move out i want a good place to live.so thay wont git a chance to kick me out because im moveing out ON MY B-DAY! and i cant wait.dont git me rong its good liveing here but i want to be even more free.

and in some ways yes it is rong for the paren to be over protektive because its called EXSPERIANCE!
    Well good for you, having a job and everything. Wanting your own place and whatnot, but the point it, as long as you live in your parent's house or for that matter, a roomate's or such, you can't do as you please. If you want freedom, have your own place(which is what you say you're doing Neko). LadyJulia could be moving out sooner or later, but she is still had to follow the rules set by her parnets.

It's like saying, everyone should do whatever they want, regardless of rules, for this 'experience'. Sometimes it's better not to get all the experiance you can, but learn about them.

I'll admit, some parents cross the line of overprotectiveness(that a word?? *shrug*). Besides, parents will worry about their son/daughter, if they're dating someone 10 years or so older than them. It's just how parnets are. I think it's resonable understandable, if a parent doesn't want their child to date someone older than them, when they are living in their house.

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Banned neko nathaniel is off to a good start neko nathaniel's Avatar
    Thanks

yes but being 21 your parints can make all the rules thay want for the house but thay cant tell u who u can or cant date.thats just rong lol and then again thats what i think and belev

Newbie LadyJuliaHale is off to a good start LadyJuliaHale's Avatar
    Don't tell me to smile, because I don't know how.
    Thanks

I definitely see others' sides to this. Yeah, I know I'm living under my parents' roof and that they have the right to not allow me to date this guy. I get that, I do. I would move out, but I don't have a job, money, or even a car to take myself to the job. Not to mention, I'm very unhappy where I'm living right now, but I can't change that without some form of support for myself in order to move out. So, yeah, I haven't been able to date because of these strict rules. I'm not even allowed out the door basically. Though, I am getting driving lessons from my mom and I hope to get my license soon so I can have at least a bit more freedom than what I've been getting.
    I'm standing in the dark calling your name, But when you don't answer,
    I realized everyday it's the same.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, well I'm 23 yrs old, so I'm like the older version of you. I have to tell you that the best way to get along with your parents are to laugh, smile, tell them nothing and that everythings fine. Always agree with what they say, then later do whatever you want.

I don't live with my parents, however my parents used to be really protective of me when they were together, whenever they got divorced I was 16yrs old and it was like full freedom. They were too wrapped up in fighting with each other to care what I was doing. It was pretty awesome. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you don't want your parents all up in your life, you need to distract them with something else very important to them. Their focus will shift, and thing will get better.

As far as getting a job, just wear a low cut shirt and smile a lot! lol Ok was just kidding about that. Best way to get a job when you have zero experience is make friends with jobs to put in a good word for you where they work. The once you work your first job for awhile look for a job that interests you and work your way into it. Remember to take baby steps, don't get a job and move out all in the same week. Growing up is hard, stressful, and something that comes in time. I'm still working on growing up myself, and thats my best advice for you. Good luck.
    Last edited by Zev; Jul 26, 2009 at 11:14 PM.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Otaku darkninja is off to a good start darkninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok i may not know much about this kind of stuff. BUT everyone here makes a good point. you live in a place your dad bought for YOU. But you have to abide by HIS RULES. yes it sucks but atleast he saved you some money. ^^

secondly parents will ALWAYS be overprotective even if your grown. point blank. thats how parents are until the end of time. Most parents don't even give a caca (spanish word) about what their kids do and later live to regret it. so you should be thankful that thay are overprotective. At the same time you have to talk to them let them know how you fill. Plus u know you'll always be daddie's little girl thats how most fathers are.

@scourge. i completly fill you on the don't make me put u on the cross hair thing. but me it would be with a sniper rifle letting him know i will ALWAYS have an eye on him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast