+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Age Differences...

Newbie LadyJuliaHale is off to a good start LadyJuliaHale's Avatar
    Don't tell me to smile, because I don't know how.
    Thanks

Re: Age Differences...

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    Google financial aid, loans, grants and scholarships. Lack of funds isn't a legitimate reason. And if you go to college, you'll get a better job. Not to mention you can apply for a student-work-study job too. And if a four year won't accept you, go to a junior college.
    This may be why your dad doesn't want you to have a boyfriend right now if your twenty, live with him, don't go to college, and don't have a job.
    I'd rather not get loans, because that would mean paying for them the rest of my life, so that is out of the question. A grant would be better. Also, you do not know my dad and not having a job or going to college isn't the reason for him not allowing me to have a boyfriend. His real father was the same way before my dads' mother took him and his brother and left his sorry butt. It was HIS idea that I take a break from college, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    A very exalant point there ENR, a very good reason indeed. If that is the case and there is a good chance that it is then he is clearly doing this to help push you from being stuck in a hole.

Oh, no he isn't. He didn't even complete college when he had gone, no one in my family was able to complete college. My sister can't go back to the community college that she was attending because my dad didn't pay for that years' tuition, which put her in a REALLY deep hole. So, if she wants to go back to college, she'll have to find a different one to go to because of this.
    I'm standing in the dark calling your name, But when you don't answer,
    I realized everyday it's the same.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Just a guess, you asked, afterall.
    And I said 'maybe'.
    Well, take a step back and look at your relantionship then and what the flaws may be. You haven't given us too much of a legitimate reason to think it's your or your father's fault.
    Besides that, this thread really isn't about Age Discrimination...but more of a personal issue.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EmoNightmareRose For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Jul 28, 2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    Just a guess, you asked, afterall.
    And I said 'maybe'.
    Well, take a step back and look at your relantionship then and what the flaws may be. You haven't given us too much of a legitimate reason to think it's your or your father's fault.
    Besides that, this thread really isn't about Age Discrimination...but more of a personal issue.
    Yeah, I know. I basically just merely asked after reading about Ageism on Wikipedia and such as well as an old thread here talking about age discrimination. I do appreciate the help, though and I thank you guys for it. Sorry if I've been rude and such, it wasn't intended.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

You think you were rude? Are you kidding, you were not rude at all. I know people on AO who are rude and you are not one of them. And like ENR has said, you didn't give us much to go by so all we can do is speculate about things you already have a better understanding about.
    In my case I was glad to try and help out on my part. Just reavaluate your relationship though to make sure your not going to regret it, easier said then done I know but it helps making wiser desisions.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    You think you were rude? Are you kidding, you were not rude at all. I know people on AO who are rude and you are not one of them. And like ENR has said, you didn't give us much to go by so all we can do is speculate about things you already have a better understanding about.
    In my case I was glad to try and help out on my part. Just reavaluate your relationship though to make sure your not going to regret it, easier said then done I know but it helps making wiser desisions.
    I definitely will! Thank you for your kind words and your help. I'm sorry I failed to give you guys more to go on.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Not a problem and don't worry about it, that kind of thing happens all the time here so most of us are rather use to it. No need for apologies.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

well... Age discrimination is when you deny someone something based on their age.

I say, you're father can't really discriminate by denying someone a relationship with you. Because its not his right in the first place. He doesn't get to assign who you're in a relationship with unless YOU choose to allow him that right.

Now, the living with him factor... DOES change things. Its not fair, but such is life. The only way for you to have an even equal hand in that situation is if you co-owned, or co-rented (meaning your name would have to be on an official document..

OR

If you had a written contract that didn't include stipulations about who you dated.

Either way.. I think on an ethical level your father is wrong for wanting to control who you love once you're an adult. Its none of your fathers business what you do while you're grown... unless you make it his business. If it affects his home life. Or if he has to rescue you. Or if you lead a lifestyle where hes threatened with losing you, LITERALLY. Those are the situations that make your business someone elses. And since you live with him... what you do will affect his home life. Long story short... move.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Wow, life is going to hit you like a ton of bricks when you leave home and move in with your first roommate.

The reality is this: who ever has their name on the deed or lease gets to dictate what goes on in the house. If that person says you can't do something, guess what? You can't do it, not with out risking not having a place to live.
    I left home quite awhile ago aceman, quite awhile ago, and anyone who has a grain of sense knows to get either their name on the lease, that is the best or slightly less perferable a promissary note. Did you wake up one day and decide you were going to be against intelligence.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4