• Disagree

15 27.27%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Age Is Nothing But A Number

Newbie Forcefly is off to a good start Forcefly's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Age Is Nothing But A Number

I personally think that yeah age is only a number. Sure it reflects on maturity but not totally I know a lot of people who are say 15 and have a great deal more maturity than most people older than them. Now in what use of the phrase are we debating here? I have seen it mostly referred to here as for dating purposes but I don't think that is the only place that age is only a number as it can mean many things take for instance the fact that at a certain age you are supposed to be of a certain health level now a 15 and a 30 year old shouldn't typically be of the same health otherwise there is either something wrong with the 15 year old or that's one healthy 30 year old.

Thanks to FLawed love the sig.

Pressure makes gems, Ease makes decay.

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Forcefly View Post
    I personally think that yeah age is only a number. Sure it reflects on maturity but not totally I know a lot of people who are say 15 and have a great deal more maturity than most people older than them. Now in what use of the phrase are we debating here? I have seen it mostly referred to here as for dating purposes but I don't think that is the only place that age is only a number as it can mean many things take for instance the fact that at a certain age you are supposed to be of a certain health level now a 15 and a 30 year old shouldn't typically be of the same health otherwise there is either something wrong with the 15 year old or that's one healthy 30 year old.
    you say age is only another, but then prove yourself wrong by showing that there are physical characteristics that are different with age.

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

Age is more than a number in my opinion.Sure you maybe like say,15 years old,but have seen the reality of the world like experiencing all forms of pain(physical,mental and spiritual) and surviving countless injuries and hence you have become experienced and possibly more mature because you understand the hardships there is in this world and also the morals within what you seen and endured.This example exemplifies my opinion that 'age is more than a number' rather than 'age is nothing but a number'.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Until a human reaches a certain age there are certain physical and mental characteristics that haven't taken place yet. If I remember this right from what I watched on the discovery channel your brain hasn't matured until it's reached 25.

This thread isn't specifically about this. But those 20 something year old guys that prey on 14 and 15 year old girls disgust me.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Age is a number, but it definitely must include experience...

A bunch of forty-year-olds still hanging out in comic book shops playing Magic: The Gathering isn't exactly what you call mature... especially if you compare their sense of humor (knowing a person's sense of humor tells you a lot of how mature they are)...

Nothing wrong with childish humor, nothing wrong with playing Magic, and nothing wrong staying in a comic book store. What is wrong is how they react to the real world. They get really childish about things. Annoyingly childish. As if there's nothing wrong with them, and something wrong with the rest of the world. Not accepting responsibility for things is a no-no.

A mature child can exist, but it IS rare.
    And a lot of kids who think they're mature? Psh, they don't even know what maturity really is.

... what was it? Type I? Anywho, a bunch of people think they're honestly good-hearted and etc etc etc... and according to statistics, less than 1% of that kind (I think it was type I-personality) exist in the world.
    -_-;; Sure, statistics mean nothing, but nothing does the word of mouth anymore. So if you probably boast that you're good-hearted, I think it's obvious that you obviously aren't.

So what does that mean? Age is a number. A lot of elders are childish and stubborn. And the older they get, the more stubborn they get. An 18-year-old "loser" usually thinks they're an adult and they have the authority to do whatever they want, when they can't even take care of themselves!
    Don't worry, that wasn't directed at any of you... it was directed at my brother when he turned 18.

To grow up, you have to grow up!
    It has nothing to do with how old you are.
    You have more of a chance of knowing nothing when you're young, and you have more of a chance of keeping nothing when you're older.

In other words? We're all a little stupid.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

well.... most of 15 or 16 year old kids think that the world runs around them and that they are always rigth.... Am I wrong? When most of the time they say: My dad/mom doesn't understand me!!!!!! It is them not understanding their parents.... I went through that phase too... I know what it is to think that on is right and parents are wrong... but as one is growing (physically, emotionally and all that stuff) one realizes that most of the time mom/dad were right....
    I work with those kids on camp, and the problems they confront are important.... but sometimes they actually are "drowning in a glass of water" They tend to see the problem bigger than it really is. Don't get me wrong, I do like to work with teen kids, I like to help them the best of my abilities, I enjoy it. Because I am close to them and I also have my friends I can see the difference of thoughts, experiences and maturity to handle situations between my friends (20 and older) and the teens I work with. So yes.... everytime I get convinced that age is not just a mere and plain number...
    Maturiry can depend also in personality... but personalities grow and mature through the years...... again.... age not just a number.....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

age is just a number. most of yall is hating. if you really love someone then it shouldnt matter they age but limits should be set. like no sex till the younger person is legal and some guys actuall love that person because they might have had a connection that is more than just physical. it's not like you walk up to someone and you ask a 15 year old girl to go out with you. no a frienship is built first. then a relationship. nothing is wrobg with a 20 something gooing out with a 15 year old. as long as sex isnt taking place and they care for each other, i see no problem. i mean a 40 year old and 18 year old. thats worse.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Newbie Evil Angel is off to a good start Evil Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree b/c if you love someone you dont care about the age.my love is 25 and i know him for a long time. and hell i love him to deth..but he is in the army and i havet talk to him at all this week and it is starting to scar me.TT_TT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast