View Poll Results: Are all people who commit suicide depressed in some way?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, everyone who commits suicide must've been depressed.

0 0%
  • No, people simply choose not to live regardless if theyre depressed or not.

4 50.00%
  • Depression is just a label doctors use to make their job easier.

2 25.00%
  • Undecided/Other

2 25.00%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are all people who commit suicide really depressed?

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Are all people who commit suicide really depressed?

Alright AO, another question arises that need your attention. (accordin to me heh)

Me and my freind were getting in a big talk about whether or not you have to have clinical depressed to commit suicide. (according to her "why else would you commit suicide?", apparently to her its not possible.) please read bold below)

But i beilieve there are people who commit suicide, simply becuase they choose not to live. Not for anything spiritual, religious, redemption, honor or any of that other crap.
    Just striaght up or not, do you or do you not believe that people are out their who end their lives simply becuase they choose not to live.

Or do you believe that they are depressed in some form in order to kill themselves?

Please discuss this and i will also give my full views later.
    Last edited by Rook; Dec 08, 2007 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are all people who commit suicide really depressed?

Not nesscarily.
    Suicide bombers do it for their country or a ponit they are trying to get across.
    Depressed people do it becaus e they feel life isn't worth living anymore.
    I say it depends but most people who have killed themselves shown sign of depression or low self esteem

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Otaku BrokenLover101 is off to a good start BrokenLover101's Avatar
    Somewhere where only simplicity can take me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Just striaght up or not, do you or do you not believe that people are out their who end their lives simply becuase they choose not to live.

Or do you believe that they are depressed in some form in order to kill themselves?
    i think it's both.

You see, some are depressed to the point that they feel as though they CAN'T live anymore. Whether it's because of a broken heart or something else, we do not know but it's very common that it's because of a broken heart.

However, some do it because it's becoming a new fad, or at least cutting is. They might not want the stress of school anymore or something.
    Last edited by aceman67; Dec 09, 2007 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Use text colors people CAN ACTUALLY READ.
    X.x.X The only thing I'll ever want... X.x.X

X.x.X Is for you to love me the way I love you.. X.x.X

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    Not nesscarily.
    Suicide bombers do it for their country or a ponit they are trying to get across.
    Depressed people do it becaus e they feel life isn't worth living anymore.
    I say it depends but most people who have killed themselves shown sign of depression or low self esteem
    This is what i mean by honor, i dont mean kamikaze's or honorable suicide like seppeku.
    Im talking about the good old fashion selfish suicide, where its all you, and no influence to kill yourself for your nation, honor, redemtion, religion, or any of that junk.
    But thank you for your opinion anyway little one! ^^

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

As i said in my first post, I said it depends.
    And i am not little! I hate that!
    And no....I don't think, now that you elaborated or i just skimmed the paragraph and decided not to pay attention to detail, one would kill theirselves just for the hell of it.
    They would have some kind of reason. They wont just wake up and say "I'm going to commit suicide today, but before that, eat some cereal."

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think that they are depressed. Though some maybe. I think they see it as an easy way out of life. They hit a bump in the road and they don't think they will ever recover.

Ok take this. Someone breaks up with this girl and this girl doesn't think that she will find anyone else to be with. So instead of waiting life out she kills herself. What if she was to stay alive and find out that there was a person that thought she was the world to them. She will never know will she? All because she thought it would be easier to kill herself rather then to live the rest of her life.

Or the man that goes way over his head in gambling and looses all the money his family has. He doesn't see a way out of his debt he thinks that killing himself would end everything. What if his family was threatened and he thought if he died they would be safe. What he doesn't realize is even though he committed suicide his family is still in danger. Plus they have to find money to cover the rent and funeral cost.

It's just an easy way out of living. A stupid thing to do. I don't want to bring religion in to this but if you think about it when you commit suicide you are destined to go to Hell. If you believe in it or not. It's the same as committing murder but murdering yourself. You're cheating yourself out of the life you were supposed to be live in. It's unforgivable.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    I don't think that they are depressed. Though some maybe. I think they see it as an easy way out of life. They hit a bump in the road and they don't think they will ever recover.

Ok take this. Someone breaks up with this girl and this girl doesn't think that she will find anyone else to be with. So instead of waiting life out she kills herself. What if she was to stay alive and find out that there was a person that thought she was the world to them. She will never know will she? All because she thought it would be easier to kill herself rather then to live the rest of her life.

Or the man that goes way over his head in gambling and looses all the money his family has. He doesn't see a way out of his debt he thinks that killing himself would end everything. What if his family was threatened and he thought if he died they would be safe. What he doesn't realize is even though he committed suicide his family is still in danger. Plus they have to find money to cover the rent and funeral cost.

It's just an easy way out of living. A stupid thing to do. I don't want to bring religion in to this but if you think about it when you commit suicide you are destined to go to Hell. If you believe in it or not. It's the same as committing murder but murdering yourself. You're cheating yourself out of the life you were supposed to be live in. It's unforgivable.
    Ok no-one seems to understand what i mean.

Lets just say a person is kept isolated from any negative influences (such as ex-girfreind, poverty, drugs.)
    But this person kills himself in isolation.

Did he do it out of depression, or is it just possible that this person took no interest in living, and NOT becuase his girlfreind left him, or he can't pay the rent, or he failed a math test. But simply becuase he has no interest in living so much as you have interest eating poo.

Does this help clarify wut i mean?

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Not really because in that case he took the easy way out there to. I mean if a guy doesn't get to see what is out in life then he wouldn't know if he wanted to live in it or not. It's a complicated situation. If the person doesn't know what it's like to live then yes he took the easy way out not because of depression but because of frustration. Frustration of thinking that was the only thing he could do with his life is be isolated from everything negative in the world.

Is that kinda what you meant Rook? I'm sorry if I still don't understand what you mean...like I said this is a complicated debate.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast