+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: American football in the Olympics?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: American football in the Olympics?

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    I've never really been interested by American football. I mean, like Atomik_sprout said . . . there's no rugby in the Olympics (and rugby is far more hardcore than American football). I think that the only true fans of American football are . . . you know, Americans . . . I could be wrong . . .
    Naw, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. LOL.

I mean, seriously. How many people outside of the US watch football, like hardcore, "I'm missin' church on Sunday" football fans?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

If any football game had a chance to become in the Olympics it would be Rugby Union - it's a bit more international than American Football ( though not as international as other games if that makes sense)

However, like everyone already mentioned, American football isn't mainstream outside America. Heck I don't even now what they hell is going on expect, I know I used to always wonder why they need so much padding on (in comparsion to Aussie football XD).

There is no harm in trying to make it international though

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

PLEASE! American football is all about the dollars. More so than any sport in the world.

I'll watch the games on tv, but in the Olympics.... PLEASE! Give me a break.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
    PLEASE! American football is all about the dollars. More so than any sport in the world.

I'll watch the games on tv, but in the Olympics.... PLEASE! Give me a break.
    Man, shows how much you know. NFL players are some of the lowest paid professionals considering it is one of the major sports in the US. Baseball is all about the dollars. A-rod 252 million dollars for 10 years, 25.2 mill a year. No one has even remotely reach that amount from what I understand.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

its not a matter of talent in the world its a matter of experience

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    its not a matter of talent in the world its a matter of experience
    It's not even just that. Football is kind of a game of strategy--the plays that the coaches have to make and such--with all the passing/running routes, audibles and other technicalities. And how many American football coaches are there in other countries? How many people sit around in Thailand, watching football and say, "If I were that guy, I woulda ran the play like this..." Not many, I bet.

There may be a good chunk of people across the globe who watch football, but not many are willing to play it--let alone coach.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    It's not even just that. Football is kind of a game of strategy--the plays that the coaches have to make and such--with all the passing/running routes, audibles and other technicalities. And how many American football coaches are there in other countries? How many people sit around in Thailand, watching football and say, "If I were that guy, I woulda ran the play like this..." Not many, I bet.

There may be a good chunk of people across the globe who watch football, but not many are willing to play it--let alone coach.
    well thats bascially what im saying as well, football will not be played in olympics, at least not in the next 20 to 30 years. Just because of what u have said and in America kids start around the age of 7 or so. To get a football program going arounf the world and make it good enough to compete with the best of the NFL.....its just unthinkable

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    well thats bascially what im saying as well, football will not be played in olympics, at least not in the next 20 to 30 years. Just because of what u have said and in America kids start around the age of 7 or so. To get a football program going arounf the world and make it good enough to compete with the best of the NFL.....its just unthinkable
    Exactly. While we start playing football at the age of 6 or 7, most kids in the east (China/Japan... etc) usually learn other things first like, writing kanji or art, hell even martial arts in some cases--maybe even some other sport like soccer (futbol... I love that word!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast