+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: the american legal system

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: the american legal system

I say screw a government people should just live to live and not worry about a damn thing

Do to others as you see fit

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

yes, but don you think that ppl are just going to vote for them because of prejugadist? i mean i know lots of raist ppl but i also know lots of ppl that will vote just because the cannanits are black, women, etc. won't that influnce ppl's opinons at all? and what does that say about the way we vote?
    Unfortunately it means exactly what you say it means. lol

I think if people REALLY became more interested in politics, that htere would not be as many prejudices and voters would start to vote for people based on their policies and actions, rather than race or religion.

"cough cough" republicans "cough cough"

I say screw a government people should just live to live and not worry about a damn thing
    I wish man! But thats not how life works, unfortunately. LOL

P.S. YumYum, right on,

ROCK IS ROCKIN ON. LOL

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

And who said that thats how life should be life should be simple be as being humens are as dumb as a rock some times why do we build all of these rules and structers of moral law i think people should do what they want when they want

Do to others as you see fit

Otaku yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92's Avatar
    Thanks

lol ANARCHY!!!! but yeah i don think it would be that simple... you always got the ppl telling the other ppl what to do, you also got to think about all them dumb humans, they have no idea wat to do if someones not there telling them

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

I say if anarchy would be law, then we should go for "survival for the fittest"... afterall, anarchy would allow it.

So... in this manner, all the "stupid" people will kill all the "smart" people because the smart people aren't exactly ready for such a riot... and the idea that the stupid people outnumber the smart 100 to 1.

If this were the case, then the true face of anarchy would show: Bad choice.

When you think of the perfect case of anarchy, where everyone knows what they're doing and they all act as one: You're thinking of Utopianism.

When you think of the perfect case of anarchy, where everyone may suck but at least you're all working together and are all treated equally: You're thinking of Communism.

Utopianism is horrible, since it's a cold-hearted system.
    Communism is FINE!

BUT~!

AMERICA IS NOT MADE FOR COMMUNISM!

With how North America was raised for all its short years of life, it's not ready for Anarchy nor Communism. Afterall, Anarchy would lead only to two options for America:
    1. Going back to the original American Government that we just dropped
    2. Going to communism

America can't thrive on Communism, the people have too high of hope of individuality and "rightfully earned" through our years of Capitalism.
    Communism would just turn us into slaves of ourselves...

Why would we go back to the original American Government?
    Because people can't govern themselves. If we do that, we'll have different factions.
    The truth is, most people NEED LEADERS.
    Most people can't decide amongst themselves which is the best course of action.
    They'll do what THEY want, what THEY think is best.
    And henceforth: Chaos that leads to an eventual truce or destruction.

Within that Truce, people would choose 1 rightful leader they all believe is the best choice to govern them.

Then they'd choose a group of people to watch over this person to make sure he doesn't do the wrong thing.

Then they'd choose millions of small groups to watch over the people to make it easier for this one leader, as well as to make it easier for everyone...

And henceforth: The original American Government comes back into play.
    We just went in an ENTIRE CIRCLE! >_<

.... Can you even imagine east-coast Americans getting along with west-coast Americans? We have completely different cultures for EACH AND EVERY STATE!!! (not to mention we have completely different cultures for each section of the state)
    If we were to go into anarchy, the states would break apart and create self-governing provinces! It would be like what happened to China during the Romance years! Years and years of wars and wars to see who gets to own this friggin land!

... America's system is fine. It's not dandy, but it's the best one that works for this much of a strange continent.

Tired of it? Do what everyone else is doing: Go to Canada or Mexico.

Newbie jyoung013 is off to a good start jyoung013's Avatar
    Thanks

our government (here in the u.s.) is going through some difficult times at the moment, with so much changing legal system, it not hard to believe that a cold blooded killer can walk in 6 months, but the problem is not the government or the legal system....this new technology that has people getting caught with dna or skin flakes or even shoe prints!!!... i mean come on, if you fart wrong you get in trouble.... but back to the point...the legal system has weak points, laws need to be set in motion to control judgement of convicted criminals as well as the jaywalking john... anymore you hear that convicted sex offenders get off pretty easy....we have so many laws that our own people working with these records don't even know what they mean or what there meant for...
    how was it the major said in ghost in the shell, "over specialize, and you breed in weakness"... think about it we will get to the point where we will have so many laws we won't be able to hardly anything without recieveing some type of penalty...
    What we do in life echoes an eternity

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I prefer the Athenian aproach ta democracy, drawin' lots ta serve on a consul. All citizens 18 and up, in my opinion, should sign up for the lot. When ur name gets drawn u go to serve, kinda like what we do with the jury. This way if somethin' gets screwed up, we can only blame ourselves, or if we do somethin' right; we can pat each other on the back. But our Founding Fathers decided on a Republic system based upon Roman Republic. I guess u gotta play wit the hand ur dealt.

Jus' get ridda the Career Politicians, and this Govt. will start straightin' out. As for the Legal system, there's nothin' really wrong wit the system itself. We had a discussion in my Socialology class one time 'bout racisim in the courts. Not that I'm sayin' that there isn' racisim in the court system, I sucessfully argued that, in most cases, it was an issue of class and social statis; not necessarilly racism. Meanin' that if u have loads of cash, ur pretty much guaranteed to get off or get a light sentence. Too many times have I seen the wealthy and privilaged go to court for crimes they've commited and their high-priced lawyers would either get them off or guarantee that they wouldn' spend much time in jail or any time at all. We need ta address this problem or this will continue. I say force Congress ta pass a law that would put an end ta this problem for good. In this country we're suppose ta be equal, but I don' c much of equallity in this issue.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

And that's exactly why we're a capitalism.

Sad problem is, even if we could somehow convince enough people to "solve" such a feat, we'd still have the second problem to deal with:

1.~ As stuborn America is to turn away such a profitable government, that's the least of our worries

~2. Many other governments outside of America make BIG profits because of this capitalistic view...

So not only would we have to convince the "source", we'd have to convince many others.. aka negotiations are needed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast