+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: American Overdose

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: American Overdose

It's funny that you bring this up, because I'm always griping about how all these commercials these days try to preach the whole "happiness is just one pill away" idea. Well, if that's the case and happiness is just one pill away, then they need to make bigger pills--WAY bigger pills. Because I don't see too many "happy" people these days. I see a bunch of strung out, cranky people, who are okay, but not "happy".

It's a scheme, I think. The government and all these god damn medical companies make up all these new and different sounding names for diseases and disorders that already exist and try to make money off of thier "happy pills". For example, I joke around and tell people I have RLS--Restless Leg Syndrome--But all that really is is ADD with a touch of insomnia. We all know I can't sleep. We all know it's hard for me to focus. So WTF?

There's a bunch of other new ones too, but I can't remember them off hand.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

There are people who actually need those medicine, and there are people who are convinced by advertising that they need it ( but don't really) That's just the way of the company trying to get money

have to remember that America has a huge population aswell, therefore, of course there is going to be a huge portion actually needing medicines

They seem to have a medication for everything these days. But whatever just happened to eating right, exercising regularly and then in the short term and long term, you probably won't need half the amount of pills that some people have to take. heck, they even have pills for diets.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    It's funny that you bring this up, because I'm always griping about how all these commercials these days try to preach the whole "happiness is just one pill away" idea. Well, if that's the case and happiness is just one pill away, then they need to make bigger pills--WAY bigger pills. Because I don't see too many "happy" people these days. I see a bunch of strung out, cranky people, who are okay, but not "happy".

It's a scheme, I think. The government and all these god damn medical companies make up all these new and different sounding names for diseases and disorders that already exist and try to make money off of thier "happy pills". For example, I joke around and tell people I have RLS--Restless Leg Syndrome--But all that really is is ADD with a touch of insomnia. We all know I can't sleep. We all know it's hard for me to focus. So WTF?

There's a bunch of other new ones too, but I can't remember them off hand.
    I dunno, Your leg shakes about 50 mph, and has since Ive known you... you just might have RLS! See if the doc hooks you up so we can see if there are any results. lol. We could do our own study!
    Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    There are people who actually need those medicine, and there are people who are convinced by advertising that they need it ( but don't really) That's just the way of the company trying to get money

9times out of 10, the advertisement is for PRESCRIPTION drugs. meaning a person can't just think they have something, a doctor must confirm it
    ... Not Ever Again...

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, but I've heard cases where the patient bullies the doctor into giving them one. Or the doctor gives them one just to shut them up. I know it's wrong, but it happens.

Plus, there also advertisments for those vitemans 'that can solve all yor problems'

'feeling down?'

etc etc etc. There are heaps of over the counter junk aswell.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

it is true that doctors often give their patients pills just to shut them up... a lot of times they say, "well, we'll prescribe you this. Come back in two weeks. If it hurts more, than call us back." and if it doesn't work, they'll give you another bottle or so...

Doctors no longer do doctoring becuz they have so many medications at their disposal. it's not like in the old days where you have to actually figure out what's wrong, most likely, its already been discovered and there's a little bottle ready to take it away...

i'm not bashing so much on modern medicine, it's helped people live longer, but what's life when you depend on such little things to keep you going?

the problem i do have with modern medicine, is that it keeps people going, but it doesn't make them any stronger... that's why i disagree with so many medications, but i do understand that it needs to be there.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    9times out of 10, the advertisement is for PRESCRIPTION drugs. meaning a person can't just think they have something, a doctor must confirm it
    Exactly. You can't just buy most drugs over the counter. And the medical companies have generic versions of the drugs that most people need. But they're never offered nor perscribed because hospitals and drug companies want your money.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

In High School a psychiatrist put me on heavy psychotic medication. It made everyone afraid of me. They said I didn't show any emotion or anything like I was a robot or something. My mom took me off the drugs because she saw that I wasn't myself on it.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    In High School a psychiatrist put me on heavy psychotic medication. It made everyone afraid of me. They said I didn't show any emotion or anything like I was a robot or something. My mom took me off the drugs because she saw that I wasn't myself on it.
    Wow, sometimes i wish that could happen to me.

Why don't you all try herbs/tea that combat the symptoms of PMS and some other menstrual problems. It is natural and is cheap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast