+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: America's Real Killer

Newbie 59wayz is off to a good start 59wayz's Avatar
    Thanks

America's Real Killer

Many people would tell you that America's number one killer today is tobacco, but now we see more deaths due to heart attacks and seizures. These deaths are of overweight citizens. I believe that the amount of grease and salt we put in our foods the more overweight our children and us would be. More Americans would take a Whopper meal then to eat a healthy meal at home. In fact sometimes we say we're to lazy to cook, yet we have the energy to get in the car and drive to McDonald's. My favorite is the graphic designer who sits at home all day and orders pizza for lunch and dinner. Seriously though, Why do we sit here and slowly but swiftly kill ourselves. This is turning out to be the biggest and most time consuming mass suicide in world history. We're so worried about our wars, we don't take the time to look at what we are doing that's killing ourselves. We continue on with this we'll all be dead by the time anyone else has a chance to attack us on our soil.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: America's Real Killer

I believe pretty much all of this to be true... But I cant figure out what question you're asking here.
    There really isnt much else to say. We have the highest number of people to resort to weight lost surgery as well. (The quick fix). Can you believe in other countries they actually believe in diet and excersize, rather than going under the knife? <Sarcasm.

No, but f'real... Americans have fooled themselves into believing obesity is a psychological problem that is extremely difficult to overcome. But, if you ask me, the psychological problem STARTS with that additude. We're not victims of fat... We're victims of the myth that we can't controll ourselves.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Newbie 59wayz is off to a good start 59wayz's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with you, sorry bout not making that clear lol. The main question of this thread is. What do you believe is the real killer of American's today?

About us coming to actually believe that it's a psychological problem. I totally agree with you. It's not a psychological problem, it's called our parents not feeding us right. We are use to eating what we are fed at an early age. So unknowingly we would generally eat the same food as we grow up.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm, things that are going to kill us in the long term. How about the politicians of today?? Neither party knows how to solve the country's current issues nor do they care. Especially in bigger cities all they know is to create bonds and take it out on small business owners and home owners. Their shady ways make the younger generation apathetic about politics and voting. Every child born in this country will owe some other country about $40,000 the moment they are born, USD is losing value, we are moving toward a service industry, bleeding jobs away, bad education system, no health care system, and a war that isn't bringing in profit.

Obesity seems like less of a problem now does it

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

The world is overpopulated as it is.

The LAST thing we need to worry about is people making the conscious decision to slowly kill themselves by eating/smoking/injecting stuff they know full well is lousy for them.

Maybe if enough rich, fat Americans die we can FINALLY meet world emmission standards ~_~;

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Along with what 59 said, I want to includ that people are simply to lazy to get up and exercise every now and then, theres a lot of over weighted people out there, and they know thier over weight, yet they do nothing about it, eating healthy and exercise is the key to living longer and being fit

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to agree with you as well. Some many people are overweight and will not do anything to help themselves. Its sad really. But at least there are preventive measures being made in some parts of the country.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 59wayz View Post
    Why do we sit here and slowly but swiftly kill ourselves?
    Slowly buy SWIFTLY, eh? LOL. Sorry, I couldn't help but point that out. ^_^

I personall think America's getting too fat!! We as a country (myself excluded, due to my active lifestyle and high metabolism) have been getting fatter and fatter every decade.

Ages ago, people used to have to WALK to get to the store. Not everybody owned a car. There was no public transportation. People were relatively healthy. Now with modern conviniences like cars, phones, computers and the like; we have made it too easy to be lazy. Nobody cooks anymore (Except 59wayz and bratling's parents! They can cook thier asses off!), nobody makes the extra effort to walk to the store (59wayz, your dad's told me plenty of times, "If the store was across the street, I'd whip a U-Turn" LOL), not many people are working out or eating right. People order food to come to them, fast food is full of fatty fatness and people like to blame resturaunts for "making them fat."

Nobody claims responsiblity for thier own health, so they get fatter and fatter. People blame things like, depression, anxiety, loneliness; but when the s*** hits the fan, it's truly a matter of how friggin' lazy people are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast