+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: America's Real Killer

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: America's Real Killer

mm yea i would have to say that it is our over eating and being overweight that is going to kill us all.

People now a days dont see what they are doing to themselves and they dont care.

I would also say like my teacher she said that my generation is the most apathetic to live and i think that that will also be our downfalll.

because childeren now a days dont really care what happens as long as it dosnt' concerns them.
    And for that i think for instence the globle warming all the kids growing up now are just like oh its nothing it wont happen in our life time WHO CARES. Uhh yea at this rate it will happen.
    and the whole WHO CARES thing that is what i am seeing as the one thing that could kill us.

but thats just me.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Newbie supersonico may be famous one day supersonico may be famous one day supersonico's Avatar
    Thanks

...well... you have to die of something ... sooner or later...
    Damned Japanese Otakuses

They always keep the good stuff in Japan

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    That is not the reason why there is obesity, that has nothing to do with anything really but many different things

First off, it HAS EVERYTHING to deal with "America's real killer". If you ACTUALLY READ and didn't think about how it's related to obesity, you might find that through those things people kill each other, and isn't that what the thread is about? YES what I listed has no direct relavence to obesity, but agan, THINK and you'll see it's related to HOW america is so on saying "being killed".

If that doesn't define it for you, you're utterly hopeless.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Otaku Youth-anime-fan is off to a good start
    Thanks

There is only one way this kind of behavior can stop. Advertising. All people are affected by it. It's no wonder that when America banned certain commercials for cigarettes and limited their commercial advertising, that their sales went down dramatically. (they couldn't even print their name on their nascar stock car.)
    So we constantly see advertising for McD's, BK, Wendy's, Chick Fil A and others, so its no wonder we eat unhealthy. Even in the school system has been getting flack from groups about the horrible food choices they give their kids.
    Since these companies DONT want their advertising cut like tobacco, it actually scared them into starting to advertise healthy food to kids. (Green Giant has sponge bob and other characters advertising for vegetables.)
    Kids, and even adults, are so manipulated by commercial advertisement all the time, every day, it can certainly affect us. In fact, I personally blame the constant changing of advertisements for Attention Deficit Disorder.

Here's a study from "http://www.webmd.com/parenting/news/20070328/kids-see-thousands-of-junk-food-ads"

According to the report, on a typical day the average American child aged 8-12 sees:

* 5 ads for candy and snacks
    * 4 for fast food
    * 4 for soft drinks, including soda
    * 3 for cereal
    * 2 for restaurants
    * 1 for prepared foods
    * 2 for dairy, water and 100% juices, meat, grains, vegetables, or fruit, combined.

It also states that kids 8-12 see about 7,600 ads promoting food in one year!

Problem? I think yes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Youth-anime-fan View Post
    There is only one way this kind of behavior can stop. Advertising. All people are affected by it. It's no wonder that when America banned certain commercials for cigarettes and limited their commercial advertising, that their sales went down dramatically. (they couldn't even print their name on their nascar stock car.)
    So we constantly see advertising for McD's, BK, Wendy's, Chick Fil A and others, so its no wonder we eat unhealthy. Even in the school system has been getting flack from groups about the horrible food choices they give their kids.
    Since these companies DONT want their advertising cut like tobacco, it actually scared them into starting to advertise healthy food to kids. (Green Giant has sponge bob and other characters advertising for vegetables.)
    Kids, and even adults, are so manipulated by commercial advertisement all the time, every day, it can certainly affect us. In fact, I personally blame the constant changing of advertisements for Attention Deficit Disorder.

Here's a study from "http://www.webmd.com/parenting/news/20070328/kids-see-thousands-of-junk-food-ads"

According to the report, on a typical day the average American child aged 8-12 sees:

* 5 ads for candy and snacks
    * 4 for fast food
    * 4 for soft drinks, including soda
    * 3 for cereal
    * 2 for restaurants
    * 1 for prepared foods
    * 2 for dairy, water and 100% juices, meat, grains, vegetables, or fruit, combined.

It also states that kids 8-12 see about 7,600 ads promoting food in one year!

Problem? I think yes.

And with you posting this, helps prove that manipulation is one of America's killers. YAY!!! =D

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

The real big killer in the country right now are Guns. There have been many shootings through out the year leaving some casualties and injured people. Other killers are as follows;obesity, cancer, HIV/AIDS, and religious ignorance.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    The real big killer in the country right now are Guns. There have been many shootings through out the year leaving some casualties and injured people. Other killers are as follows;obesity, cancer, HIV/AIDS, and religious ignorance.
    Pshh.... Guns don't kill people, stupid people kill people. The gun is merely a tool for *ussies to have an advantage. Nobody in a gang fights with their fists anymore. They're too damn quick to go and get a gun, because they're too scared to man up and fight with fists!

I mean, don't get me wrong, I HATE guns. But only because guns are turning our young men soft. If I walked up to a guy on the street and just started whoopin' his ass, he'll either fight back or more than likely run to his crew to get a gun or two. Hell, half the time, they'll travel with one just to feel "secure".

So, I wouldn't call guns the real killer. It's ignorant gang members that are killing America.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Pshh.... Guns don't kill people, stupid people kill people. The gun is merely a tool for *ussies to have an advantage. Nobody in a gang fights with their fists anymore. They're too damn quick to go and get a gun, because they're too scared to man up and fight with fists!

I mean, don't get me wrong, I HATE guns. But only because guns are turning our young men soft. If I walked up to a guy on the street and just started whoopin' his ass, he'll either fight back or more than likely run to his crew to get a gun or two. Hell, half the time, they'll travel with one just to feel "secure".

So, I wouldn't call guns the real killer. It's ignorant gang members that are killing America.

And by saying this proves Ignorance, manipulation, AND "ourselves" kills America!!! YAY! thanks! =D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast