+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Androids... for or against?

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Androids... for or against?

If it gets so far as they can have emotions they still will not be given rights because you have to be human to have rights ... also if we give them rights then they'd be able to vote ... and that wouldnt work because they could be programed to vote for someone and used to win elections (leading to control of the world? ....)....
    but I agree that giving them emotions will only complicate things and make them even more uncontrolable
    I would have to say since we are already doing this that we should limit these androids to only doing what they are programed for that way if something goes wrong we know who to blame ( the human owner or creator)
    they should not be given the ability to learn because they would be copying our actions but not using them with our morals or emotional logic which would be dangerous

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I don't believe there is a thread about this yet ... but has anyone heard about the latest Andriod Japan developed?
    now I didnt know untill recently that there were already robots being built to look and respond like humans (and was very disbelieving when I heard about it)
    that should be years away right? wrong it's started already and not just in Japan all over the world

YouTube - Actroid DER2
    Android World - anthropomorphic robots & animatronics

and I think this developement will only lead to problems
    since these androids aren't human and don't have the limitations we humans have. Some of these androids learn through a monkey see monkey do method and there wouldn't be and way for them to discern which actions they see are good or bad...

I was just wondering what other people's opinions are on this topic
    (please keep the lewd remarks to yourselves)
    Exactly. This will only bring problems. I mean, at first .. I was like.. "why not? It'll be futuristic and pretty cool. They could help us around and whatnot." Wrong. Like you said kimi, monkey see monkey do. Not only that, but it may get to the point where they start to develop thoughts and feelings of certain things themselves. Sounds very impossible.. but so did this whole ordeal about androids and robots. My point exactly. We cannot possible know what to expect when all of this is in progress. It might come to the point where it will all turn out to be like in the movie I, Robot. And then humans and robots make a war of themselves. High-tech products against their own creators. It will all just lead to chaos eventually. IMO, it'll all start out fine and dandy.. but will just go downhill from thereon.

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KimiFemi View Post
    I don't believe there is a thread about this yet ... but has anyone heard about the latest Andriod Japan developed?
    now I didnt know untill recently that there were already robots being built to look and respond like humans (and was very disbelieving when I heard about it)
    that should be years away right? wrong it's started already and not just in Japan all over the world

YouTube - Actroid DER2

since these androids aren't human and don't have the limitations we humans have. Some of these androids learn through a monkey see monkey do method and there wouldn't be and way for them to discern which actions they see are good or bad...

Androids have been a scienc fiction prompt for a long time. People are afrade that they will grow to become mindless killers that proul the earth. For the most part, we are able to limit what and when they do things. an android would be grate to operate in a hazerdious plave such as one with high radiation levels but they arn't gonna come and kill us as we sleep, yet.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: Androids... for or against?

YouTube - Actroid DER2

I'll say I am standing on the middle.... I agree with it on a way that there are many limitations and risks in some works for humans so there is the need of something to do the work so the human is safe.
    On the other hand though, I think humans are becoming laziest everytime. There is almost something that does even the most insignificant human work and the human is there watching the robot do his/her job.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Hmm this remind me of the movie I-Robot...

I am not totally against this but i believe they could program the robots on what to do and not to do...heck they should be controlled by a human...
    (i don't want to fall in love with androids like in chobits..pls no..)
    but this is good for the progress of technology.. i would say..
    Androids can be a big help to the society...it's for the good of humans...

And thier strenght and number.. i suggest should be limited... ^^

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

@ white ... OMG I loved that movie lol untill I found out this was happinging now it just seems like thats where we're heading >.<

@ Mattness - YET being the key word .... I think the whole development of andriods that learn on their own is etremely short sighted and only for the lazy programers who dont want to do the occasional update in data
    (which if they charged for that it would secure them a futre job at maintenance)

I kinda agree that to have a robot doing the work that is hazardous to humans can be a good thing but then companies will start putting them in place of workers in other jobs simply because they can work 24 hours a day or will not require bonuses or retirement money/ pension and like I said there will be an increase in unemployment and a disturbance in our economy ... in the long run I can only see problems with this ...

RayMe your right there should deffinitely be a limit to these things but we humans as a whole have a very hard time with control and our greed pushes us past most limits... so even that wont last for long

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

@ white ... OMG I loved that movie lol untill I found out this was happinging now it just seems like thats where we're heading >.<

@ Mattness - YET being the key word .... I think the whole development of andriods that learn on their own is etremely short sighted and only for the lazy programers who dont want to do the occasional update in data
    (which if they charged for that it would secure them a futre job at maintenance)

I kinda agree that to have a robot doing the work that is hazardous to humans can be a good thing but then companies will start putting them in place of workers in other jobs simply because they can work 24 hours a day or will not require bonuses or retirement money/ pension and like I said there will be an increase in unemployment and a disturbance in our economy ... in the long run I can only see problems with this ...

RayMe your right there should deffinitely be a limit to these things but we humans as a whole have a very hard time with control and our greed pushes us past most limits... so even that wont last for long

hmm i c.. unemployment and disturbance in economy.. gotta agree with that
    those who with no good result in school would be in big trouble in finding jobs..but there are some jobs that robots can't do... and the reason i said they should be limited is because of this...they should make a law where only some ppl or company can use them androids and robots...

But still yeah i think the same too they wont last long..

i would say androids would be good in finding new living territories in space.. send them to mars and make them build things over there.. and when they are done.. we just go there and live over there.. they could do a lot of things in space... they don't need to breath... and they are more precise in their work very accurate...

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Thanks

Oooo RayMe but what if we send them to marz or the moon or where ever and they use the materials to build stuff and create their own army and when we go there to live WE become the slaves!!?!?!? huhhh?? what about that? (I know thats a lil silly but hey you never know!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast