+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Animals vs. Humans

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Animals vs. Humans

do you know what a soul is? a soul is the part of you that goes to the afterlife. And you cannot tell me that dogs and cats to go to heaven, and if they do, whats to stop a deer?

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    And that's where the arrogance lies.

We've created ideas that animals have no souls, and even insinuate that animals are there FOR US, for comfort. ... created from arrogant religious groups that believed the need for "special attention" and "help" made them better than animals. If anything, the constant showing of God was not so much as a blessing to our necessary lives, but as a sad truth that we humans could not take care of ourselves.
    ... if you even read half of the Old Testament, you could easily see that God literally had to walk us through the simplest of steps because we humans questioned and fooled around with so many things that we couldn't be trusted to ourselves! Though God would grace anything in His "appearance" (I wouldn't call it that, but that's a different topic altogether), the fact that He had to intervene in many of our situations showed how weak and pathetic we humans were. ...we were given intimate knowledge beforehand how things worked and what we needed to know, but our curiosity went beyond the safety "common sense" zones that we became even more idiotic than we started! Pathetic, I say.

...I'd love to number the amount of religions and cults that predated Christianity, but the numbers that existed doesn't count. What counts is the overwhelming numbers that believed EVERYTHING has a soul.
    We often discount the idea that even leaves and trees have a spirit, yet many spiritual and cult studies have generally believed in the fact that even those had souls.
    Using inanimate objects within curses and sacrifices were not just because of their symbolism - it was also said they contained a spirit, a certain form of energy.
    Depending which cult/religion/belief you look into, they have different names...

Those of old witchcraft
     click to show spoiler
    would have called these of a "elemental spirit" of some sort - or a season soul. Practitioners of Aikido and just general studiers of Ki, call this "Ki" or perhaps an earthen tanden. Druids have a different name for it. Hell, even Egyptian cults had names for the spirits of the desert.

If hundreds if not thousands of religions and cults that have existed before Christianity believed that there were souls in everything, and if the Bible never mentioned SPECIFICALLY that these objects/animals contained no spirit or energy: Then I highly doubt that even in the Christian beliefs truly believe that.

What you're listening to, is a misinformed pastor/teacher. There are millions of them.

"Fact" is, the general belief of God making humans as the highest of beings is a joke. We may be more privileged with the mental and spiritual capacities that we have, but we were supposed to use those as guardians and cultivators of the earth. We've abused these skills and even claimed we were favored because of such.
    ...God cannot favor, the idea of that is blasphemous.

...heck, even the belief of God WANTING anything, or even perceiving that He told us to do this or that - is blasphemous. God isn't a being that exists within time, for 'being' would limit Him to a form, 'exists' would limit Him to a dimension, and 'time' would limit Him to His own creation.
    What you have there, is a false god. A god created from your own perceptions, or perhaps a perception given unto you by semi-blind preachers.

Don't bring God into the discussion of the positive light of humans, for that does nothing but disgrace us even more than we are now.
    First of all nobody knows if animals or trees have a soul but God has never said anything about them having souls and has talked many times about us having souls k. So what to if some religions think that trees have souls they think is the key word .

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Wowie! It got religious in here. >.>

Humans are animals too. We are mammals! We just have a written language, larger brain span, and use tools. That's the major difference. But we have this arrogant thought that we can in NO WAY be related to those beasts. Because they don't look, act, function the way we do. Animals are living beings, are they not? Or are they made of plastic?

Whether you think animals have souls or not, the fact of the matter is we have to live in harmony with animals otherwise the earth will be destroyed even more quickly than it already is. It's called the balance of nature. Animals are needed to help maintain that balance.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

but God has never said anything about them having souls
    Right, because you would know what God has "said".
    People often think that the "Word of God" is the Bible. Yet, nowhere in the Bible states that except in the loose translations (kinda' like the Sabbath Day thing, people often misinterpret that ALL the time).

The Bible is a collection of books. Who collected the books? Humans did.
    The Bible wasn't in a collection to begin with, it was several books that were written by disciples who had some form of contact with God.
    In fact, there are SEVERAL books of the Bible missing. Not because they weren't God-breathed, but because the culture of that time simply did not agree with those books.

The Bible was reformed a good number of times before it became the "permanent" one that it is today.
    If the Bible didn't say the sky was blue, would you believe the sky was red? If you say "no, I can judge that for myself", then huzzah you've answered your own doubt! Same with spiritualism, you can figure it out yourself instead of blindly following what leaders and preachers have said through the generations in order to keep things in balance.

Christianity itself is BASED OFF OF previous religions and cults. So it would be wise for you to take note of those religions.

Does that mean that what Christianity believes is false? No, it just means it took rules and ideas from other religions and cults in order to refine their own.
    Religion in itself isn't a SOLID thing, you cannot grasp it like if it were fact. To do such would be meaningless. Facts are facts. Science is science. Faith is faith. And religion is religion.

YOU may not believe animals have souls (and it shows very much what your outlook in life is), but that itself is stubbornness. It's the same thing as me doubting YOU have a soul, because I cannot see it, and because someone else told me you don't have one.
    A soul isn't restricted to humans, the idea that it is was created from egotistical men who believe it was God that led them to slaughter thousands of people.

You follow your faith blindly. Commendable, but not healthy for you spiritually. To deny other religions and faiths makes you blind. If your faith is truly strong, it would never change under the stress of other religions. Study the ideas of science, for God created science. Study the ideas of other religions, for God created the items and events that inspired them. God is in everything, remember that.

Live and learn with animals. Don't just see them as pets, but really do wonder what's going on in their heads. Listen to those who tell you of an animal's history and as to WHY they act like that now. An animal can CHOOSE what to do is one of the first things you'll learn. I'm sure by the end of that road you'd truly know whether an animal has a soul or not.

If you truly believe humans have superiority over animals in every fashion, I would wish you were put in their situation and see how unfair it is for them. Do remember that blacks were considered as low as animals at one time, preachers and sermons claimed that God cursed them with that black skin - I seriously hope you don't believe that.

@Spike:
    I agree 'xcept for one thing: Animals aren't NEEDED for the balance.
    They HELP the balance.
    As long as there is one species of animal out here to keep the rest of nature in check, the world can stay in balance. ...some of us humans believe we can be that species (I don't believe that, since we're always fighting with one another).

And even if the species weren't here, mother nature would still flourish. Sure, the Earth could turn into a dry desert, or perhaps a gas planet -but that in itself is mother nature.

... back then, when we lost a species, it was BECAUSE the balance was changing. Nowadays the balance is changing BECAUSE we lost a species. ...we're getting rid of species quite fast -but our human lives in cities and towns are only slightly affected universally. ...while nature rots. But it's only a matter of time that our lives will be changed forever due to the animals we remove from nature. ... of course, before that could happen, we'll be destroyed by our own outbalancing of the atmosphere and weathers.

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Right, because you would know what God has "said".
    People often think that the "Word of God" is the Bible. Yet, nowhere in the Bible states that except in the loose translations (kinda' like the Sabbath Day thing, people often misinterpret that ALL the time).

The Bible is a collection of books. Who collected the books? Humans did.
    The Bible wasn't in a collection to begin with, it was several books that were written by disciples who had some form of contact with God.
    In fact, there are SEVERAL books of the Bible missing. Not because they weren't God-breathed, but because the culture of that time simply did not agree with those books.

The Bible was reformed a good number of times before it became the "permanent" one that it is today.
    If the Bible didn't say the sky was blue, would you believe the sky was red? If you say "no, I can judge that for myself", then huzzah you've answered your own doubt! Same with spiritualism, you can figure it out yourself instead of blindly following what leaders and preachers have said through the generations in order to keep things in balance.

Christianity itself is BASED OFF OF previous religions and cults. So it would be wise for you to take note of those religions.

Does that mean that what Christianity believes is false? No, it just means it took rules and ideas from other religions and cults in order to refine their own.
    Religion in itself isn't a SOLID thing, you cannot grasp it like if it were fact. To do such would be meaningless. Facts are facts. Science is science. Faith is faith. And religion is religion.

YOU may not believe animals have souls (and it shows very much what your outlook in life is), but that itself is stubbornness. It's the same thing as me doubting YOU have a soul, because I cannot see it, and because someone else told me you don't have one.
    A soul isn't restricted to humans, the idea that it is was created from egotistical men who believe it was God that led them to slaughter thousands of people.

You follow your faith blindly. Commendable, but not healthy for you spiritually. To deny other religions and faiths makes you blind. If your faith is truly strong, it would never change under the stress of other religions. Study the ideas of science, for God created science. Study the ideas of other religions, for God created the items and events that inspired them. God is in everything, remember that.

Live and learn with animals. Don't just see them as pets, but really do wonder what's going on in their heads. Listen to those who tell you of an animal's history and as to WHY they act like that now. An animal can CHOOSE what to do is one of the first things you'll learn. I'm sure by the end of that road you'd truly know whether an animal has a soul or not.

If you truly believe humans have superiority over animals in every fashion, I would wish you were put in their situation and see how unfair it is for them. Do remember that blacks were considered as low as animals at one time, preachers and sermons claimed that God cursed them with that black skin - I seriously hope you don't believe that.

@Spike:
    I agree 'xcept for one thing: Animals aren't NEEDED for the balance.
    They HELP the balance.
    As long as there is one species of animal out here to keep the rest of nature in check, the world can stay in balance. ...some of us humans believe we can be that species (I don't believe that, since we're always fighting with one another).

And even if the species weren't here, mother nature would still flourish. Sure, the Earth could turn into a dry desert, or perhaps a gas planet -but that in itself is mother nature.

... back then, when we lost a species, it was BECAUSE the balance was changing. Nowadays the balance is changing BECAUSE we lost a species. ...we're getting rid of species quite fast -but our human lives in cities and towns are only slightly affected universally. ...while nature rots. But it's only a matter of time that our lives will be changed forever due to the animals we remove from nature. ... of course, before that could happen, we'll be destroyed by our own outbalancing of the atmosphere and weathers.
    No crap christianity is based off of judaism thats it we christians believe Jesus was are Lord and savior get your facts strait okay we are not based off many religions only one k.

Thanks

lol we christians are basically jewish, the only difference is jesus, other than that, we are almost exactly the same.

Thanks

Thats what I just said we are based only off them and there is only one differnce really Jesus but Jews are a life style their look,traditions,and many more things .

Thanks

well we are actually based off a lot of pagan religions, if everyone who became christian was jewish, we would be very different.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast