+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Animals vs. Humans

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Animals vs. Humans

Will lets get back to the subject whats your so called plan for the animals to live in peace with us and let me ask you another question are you a vegetarian.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Im still very confused how we got on the subject of religion, but as a wise man once said "What ever."

As our population increases so does the land we need to house and feed the population to continue our species and civilizations. ALL animes do this, all be it not so much in a civilization sense but rather pack and hurding animels. The larger the pack/hurd gets the more land and territory and resorces they need, much similar with us Humans.

Also many animels of any kind are opertunistic. Cyoties are a prime example, they are not afraid of Humans and learned to live along side us, much rather to scavange then hunt by diggering our trash or picking off smaller animes such as cats, dogs, possoms, racoons...ect. As the animels lose their land they try and adapt to ours and many have been rather successfull. Cyoties, Deer, Possoms, Racoons, some Wolves, and Mountain Lions to name a few. So by them adapting to our enviroment the clashes will happen. How ever engineers have been making plans to grow up instead of out to.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

We got onto the God subject by saying if animals are on the same level as us, if we should treat them the same and if God loves us more then them.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm...Coyotes are a great example certainly.

We have a HUGE pack that roam around where I live. There's a good 20-25 animals in the pack... Plus the pups they had recently. They usually stick to themselves, but there was an attack on a kid a few months ago... And they have taken a liking to my chickens. Needless to say, I got some target practice in. They really go where they can get easy food. Now that they lost two of their homies they won't be coming around my place, so they will go elsewhere. *shrug*

Many animals can destroy their own habitats.

With no natural predators, many animals will eat every blade of grass and every leaf off every tree... they keep multiplying and they in turn need to feed... Destroying human crops and the like. Or in turn, if those animals were gone, the predators would have to turn to other sources of food (like us, and each other) and would also disappear. So... Animals are INDEED very very important to the balance of nature, and the earth as it is NOW.

Granted, the beautiful thing about life is evolution... Some animals could adapt and HAVE adapted to their environments. And there have been some animals to go extinct, and I don't really think we are suffering a whole lot. Anyone's life harder due to the dodo being gone? Yeah.

Humans also introduce alien animals species to other countries and pay the price later for it. I saw a show on the "most dangerous animals"... Rabbits in Australia dude... They destroy EVERYTHING as there aren't enough natural predators. And also starlings (little annoying useless birds) ... Their poo is toxic! LOL!

Anyway. I am cleverly steering clear of the religous issue because I'm sure I'd say something to step on someone's toes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Spike'sRose For This Useful Post:

POOHEAD189 (Sep 18, 2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Right, because you would know what God has "said".
    People often think that the "Word of God" is the Bible. Yet, nowhere in the Bible states that except in the loose translations (kinda' like the Sabbath Day thing, people often misinterpret that ALL the time).

The Bible is a collection of books. Who collected the books? Humans did.
    The Bible wasn't in a collection to begin with, it was several books that were written by disciples who had some form of contact with God.
    In fact, there are SEVERAL books of the Bible missing. Not because they weren't God-breathed, but because the culture of that time simply did not agree with those books.

The Bible was reformed a good number of times before it became the "permanent" one that it is today.
    If the Bible didn't say the sky was blue, would you believe the sky was red? If you say "no, I can judge that for myself", then huzzah you've answered your own doubt! Same with spiritualism, you can figure it out yourself instead of blindly following what leaders and preachers have said through the generations in order to keep things in balance.

Christianity itself is BASED OFF OF previous religions and cults. So it would be wise for you to take note of those religions.

Does that mean that what Christianity believes is false? No, it just means it took rules and ideas from other religions and cults in order to refine their own.
    Religion in itself isn't a SOLID thing, you cannot grasp it like if it were fact. To do such would be meaningless. Facts are facts. Science is science. Faith is faith. And religion is religion.

YOU may not believe animals have souls (and it shows very much what your outlook in life is), but that itself is stubbornness. It's the same thing as me doubting YOU have a soul, because I cannot see it, and because someone else told me you don't have one.
    A soul isn't restricted to humans, the idea that it is was created from egotistical men who believe it was God that led them to slaughter thousands of people.

You follow your faith blindly. Commendable, but not healthy for you spiritually. To deny other religions and faiths makes you blind. If your faith is truly strong, it would never change under the stress of other religions. Study the ideas of science, for God created science. Study the ideas of other religions, for God created the items and events that inspired them. God is in everything, remember that.

Live and learn with animals. Don't just see them as pets, but really do wonder what's going on in their heads. Listen to those who tell you of an animal's history and as to WHY they act like that now. An animal can CHOOSE what to do is one of the first things you'll learn. I'm sure by the end of that road you'd truly know whether an animal has a soul or not.

If you truly believe humans have superiority over animals in every fashion, I would wish you were put in their situation and see how unfair it is for them. Do remember that blacks were considered as low as animals at one time, preachers and sermons claimed that God cursed them with that black skin - I seriously hope you don't believe that.

@Spike:
    I agree 'xcept for one thing: Animals aren't NEEDED for the balance.
    They HELP the balance.
    As long as there is one species of animal out here to keep the rest of nature in check, the world can stay in balance. ...some of us humans believe we can be that species (I don't believe that, since we're always fighting with one another).

And even if the species weren't here, mother nature would still flourish. Sure, the Earth could turn into a dry desert, or perhaps a gas planet -but that in itself is mother nature.

... back then, when we lost a species, it was BECAUSE the balance was changing. Nowadays the balance is changing BECAUSE we lost a species. ...we're getting rid of species quite fast -but our human lives in cities and towns are only slightly affected universally. ...while nature rots. But it's only a matter of time that our lives will be changed forever due to the animals we remove from nature. ... of course, before that could happen, we'll be destroyed by our own outbalancing of the atmosphere and weathers.

By the way I know god loves humans more because he made us in his image,he breathed life into us, and he made us over all animals and plants to rule. The answer to your other little thought a while ago which said humans could of made mistakes in getting what god said to them (the writers of the bible) so the bible might have meaned something different then what they wrote. Will that would mean God made a mistake in choosing who to translate his word (which would never happen cause gods never wrong) he picked them all out .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5