+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 26

Thread: Anonymous vs The Church of Scientology

  1. #9
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Anonymous vs The Church of Scientology

    Fad or not it is despicable and they should be found and charged for any illegal activity they engage in. An organization dedicated to slamming someone for defending their own copyrighted material? Geez lets cyber spam the Anime companies for daring to demand their video's be removed from you tube. How dare they! Lets put them out of business so they can't do it again after all everyone knows that anime is a doorway to corrupting the minds of the poor people who choose to watch it! (sarcasm intended)

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  2. #10
    Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Posts
    1,887
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 84 Times in 68 Posts

    Re: Anonymous vs The Church of Scientology

    I think this is sad; you don't have to agree with them, like them, be involved with them or pretend that they are "sane" in order to live your life devoid of them. So why attack them? Why go out of your way to harass and harm them when they really aren’t involved with you in anyway? Leave them alone and they don’t bother you, is that really that hard?

    Frankly persecution has never done anything but make the persecuted stronger. Don’t believe me? Take Christianity, the Romans couldn’t silence them through use of the most horrible forms of torture they could think of (read Fox’s Book of Martyrs) and did it work? NO, it spread like wild fire. To the point that in 333 A.D. the Romans formed their own “Christian” church (Roman Catholics). Take the LDS they were nearly wiped out in their early days…how strong are they now? The list goes on, all that this will do is make their cause stronger and thus you have defeated your own goal. Not to mention put yourselves at risk for legal and criminal ramifications. And for what really? To harass someone who didn't do anything to you in the first place?

    Dumb is all I can say.


  3. #11
    Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    USA nebraska
    Posts
    530
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: Anonymous vs The Church of Scientology

    tsurara, here is my question for you. Why defined Scientology? So your not supporting anonymous, but what about the fact that Scientology has done many illegal activity and other countrys and they have been trying to get there people in the C.I.A and F.B.I. Some of there people have been found. Or the fact that most of the other major countrys have band Scientology form coming into there country. Scientology would not be in the USA right now if they didnt spend the mony to pay off and hire lawers to go to cort to make it real.
    I dont like how anonymous is doing it that is why i'm not helping them right now. How about the poor people that was in Scientology then left. What do you think happen to them? Well some wanted to show others that Scientology is crap but they where told if they say anything they would die. Scientology done it before killed some one. All Scientology is another money grabbing company but they made it look like a religion


    92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

  4. #12
    I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pretiacruento
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Anonymous vs The Church of Scientology

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    I think this is sad; you don't have to agree with them, like them, be involved with them or pretend that they are "sane" in order to live your life devoid of them. So why attack them? Why go out of your way to harass and harm them when they really aren’t involved with you in anyway? Leave them alone and they don’t bother you, is that really that hard?

    Frankly persecution has never done anything but make the persecuted stronger. Don’t believe me? Take Christianity, the Romans couldn’t silence them through use of the most horrible forms of torture they could think of (read Fox’s Book of Martyrs) and did it work? NO, it spread like wild fire. To the point that in 333 A.D. the Romans formed their own “Christian” church (Roman Catholics). Take the LDS they were nearly wiped out in their early days…how strong are they now? The list goes on, all that this will do is make their cause stronger and thus you have defeated your own goal. Not to mention put yourselves at risk for legal and criminal ramifications. And for what really? To harass someone who didn't do anything to you in the first place?

    Dumb is all I can say.
    That's not completely true, you only know of the success stories because if the persecution did its job thoroughly you wouldn't know those religions now. I believe some strains and beliefs were indeed removed completely throughout time.

    That being said this attack by anonymous is nothing more than illegally attacking a certain group. Scientology, being as wacko as it is, makes for an easy target of course but do not be fooled into thinking that there are good intentions behind attacks by anonymous. It's nothing more than pure harassment.

    Ketaro, I wonder how much you would have liked it if anonymous hacked your bank accounts or if they hacked UNICEF or something like that for whatever reason they can think of. I don't think you'd be appreciative of their work in that case.

    And legend, someone who gets pressured into paying Scientology or gets intimidated by them is 1) A VERY weak minded person and 2) Should seek legal action to stop them.

  5. #13
    You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,293
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 38 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: Anonymous vs The Church of Scientology

    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Ketaro, I wonder how much you would have liked it if anonymous hacked your bank accounts or if they hacked UNICEF or something like that for whatever reason they can think of. I don't think you'd be appreciative of their work in that case.
    It would be lulzy indeed. Anonymous only attack those that attention seekers and those that try to use them as their personal army. UNICEF its safe, they don'tt go against organizations that help others unless provoked.

  6. #14
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Anonymous vs The Church of Scientology

    Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    It would be lulzy indeed. Anonymous only attack those that attention seekers and those that try to use them as their personal army. UNICEF its safe, they don'tt go against organizations that help others unless provoked.
    But who decides if they have been "provoked"? What standards are there in place to determine that, what checks to make sure it's not just some personal vendetta? Wait, the law is supposed to do that and they just broke it... What they are doing amounts to nothing more then the same types of things they are accusing the CoS of being guilty of. Yet it is alright when they do it because they were "provoked"? Do you even see the problem with that?

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  7. #15
    You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,293
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 38 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: Anonymous vs The Church of Scientology

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    But who decides if they have been "provoked"? What standards are there in place to determine that
    Well, it depends on which Anonymous group is being provoked. There are many in the internetz. Although the standards they follow are the following;

    1.Do something For the lulz

    2.Take a picture of said Winnings

    3.????

    4.PROFIT!!!




    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    what checks to make sure it's not just some personal vendetta? Wait, the law is supposed to do that and they just broke it... Being "provoked" is a lousy excuse and amounts to nothing more then doing
    Yes indeed it is. Although they don't care as long as lulz are ensued.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    the same types of things they are accusing the CoS of being guilty of. Yet it is alright when they do it because they were "provoked"? The hypocrisy is so broad it's breath taking.
    Yes it is. There was some discussion among them whether not to raid the Church of Scientology because it is not like them to do things like helping the community. However, they came to the conclusion that they needed to help those that had been harassed, killed, black mailed etc by the Co$.

  8. #16
    I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pretiacruento
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Anonymous vs The Church of Scientology

    Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    Yes it is. There was some discussion among them whether not to raid the Church of Scientology because it is not like them to do things like helping the community. However, they came to the conclusion that they needed to help those that had been harassed, killed, black mailed etc by the Co$.
    They did not do it to help anyone. Nor have any previous raids been about helping anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do you go to Church?
    By Shodokan in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: Jul 09, 2007, 05:47 PM
  2. church vs anime
    By scorpion_ing in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Sep 18, 2006, 09:42 AM
  3. Church
    By Lighting Count in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: Feb 12, 2006, 11:17 AM
  4. Seperation of Church and state
    By Citara in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Feb 01, 2006, 11:00 PM
  5. Why our parents force us to go to church?
    By ketaro in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: May 09, 2005, 09:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts