+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Another Depression: Is it possible?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Another Depression: Is it possible?

I know absolutly nothing about economies, but what goes up must come down. Economies have been doing that through out history for varies reasons. But because of a generation of people being to lazy to work? I'm not so sure.

People need money to live, to be able to by food, shelter and to be able to buy the things that they want. The only way to get money is by working for it ( unless you inherit a fortune ^_^).

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

sounds like one of those old farts that are overly critical about the next generation. It happens everytime, never good enough for the old folks. And whenever the younger generation does do something memorable, they take the credit for raising 'em. jerks...

More on topic, I've given it thought, but I don't think we're quite near the depression stage just yet, and hopefully won't. Note I'm no expert by any means, but if there is a depression in this lifetime, I hope another world war doesn't follow it.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Are we heading for another depression? personaly i don't think so..
    i mean if u look at things depression were cause by other things, like the government spendin the money on war, or having a lack of resources. i don't think we are goin into depression because the next generation has a "i don't care" attitude, and excatly who's says that nearly every1 is the same... maybe they just act that way so they can be what u would say cool...

anyway i do think that this college teacher has a bias veiw on this. he probaly the type of guy whos say "now back in my day we did.....".

Otaku Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow's Avatar
    Thanks

Ahhh....but the government is now spending money on a war, are they not? (America has jumped into this yet again, at least) And...we do have a lack of resources...hasn't anyone noticed the soaring increase in gas prices just over the past year? Sooner or later, the human race probably will use our planet's resources--unless we can find a plausible and effective enough alternative for fuel and etc. very soon...

Sometimes I think our generation and the new have been much less wise in our actions than we should have/should be. So now, we will have to re-learn lessons already experienced by many in order to fully comprehend our situation and finally come to a conclusion on exactly how to face it. Someday, we'll have to learn from and (somehow) find solutions to our mistakes. And for most, that "someday" is simply not coming fast enough.

So yes, a depression could be possible....but probable? Well, I'm not altogether sure about that one just yet...I don't really think anyone's positive of the outcome at this point.
    Last edited by Foreshadow; Jun 02, 2006 at 06:45 PM.

---DaRe tO bE nO oNe BuT yOuRsElF---
    {My Blogsite: RR+CV}

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

it may happen, and it may not happen. your reasoning on people of our generation becoming, or being too lazy, is rather stereotypical. i don't think our society is becoming more "lazier", based on the simple fact that once someone hits the age of 14 and 9 months here in australia, most will have a part-time job. and besides, if you don't work, you don't get money. i mean, sure the government will provide you with unemployment funds and such, but it really isn't enough to live through your whole life.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think we are headed for another depression, even if a whole generation is unwilling to work there are always people to replace them with. If other nations see we need intelligent hard workers people from those nations will immigrate to America for the oppurtunity to make money and have a good life, practically feeding off of the indolence of others. However it is possible that through war we might enter another depression becuase of the extremely high costs.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; Jun 03, 2006 at 11:17 AM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

i suppose anything's possible really. but i highly doubt that we would go into another depression. (even if it does seem fitting)
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mystical shadow angel
    it may happen, and it may not happen. your reasoning on people of our generation becoming, or being too lazy, is rather stereotypical. i don't think our society is becoming more "lazier", based on the simple fact that once someone hits the age of 14 and 9 months here in australia, most will have a part-time job. and besides, if you don't work, you don't get money. i mean, sure the government will provide you with unemployment funds and such, but it really isn't enough to live through your whole life.
    yeah ur right there.... i mean i fall under that catagory "part - time job" and also, i know many people who hated skool, and didn't do much work there, and i guess ppl can see them as lazy. but straight after they finish the compulsary part of skool, (up to yr 10 (at ages around 16 - 15 yrs old)) they left skool and are doin apreterships. and anyway i only know like about 1 or 2 ppl that don't have jobs, the rest either work for their parents or have a part time job. so its a bit harsh to say that every1 is lazy. but hey this is just where i live and it might be different 4 every1.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast