View Poll Results: Who is leading the race?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama/Biden

    24 54.55%
  • McCain/Palin

    4 9.09%
  • *puff, puff* Nader/Gonzalez

    0 0%
  • I'm votin' for myself!! Soon I will rule you all!!! (Or, I don't care)

    16 36.36%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 66

Thread: The AO Presidential Poll

  1. #9
    Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Secure Undisclosed Locationville
    Posts
    314
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: The AO Presidential Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    GOOO OBAMA!

    To me his ideas are realistic and true, im tired of the republican party, they havent done jack shi* for our economy and the middle class, thats why things are like they are
    "Realistic and true"...? Convince me.

    Oh, and I don't suppose that not liking the GOP's a valid reason for voting for Obama (who during his world tour managed to visit *gasp!* 57 U.S. states, a feat never accomplished by any presidential candidate in history). To say that your opinions remain unsubstantiated would be a gross understatement. Please, for the love of God Almighty, don't jump to conclusions simply because you're read something both catchy and demeaning regarding Republicans; it's not like they're responsible for ALL the wrongs you've been "seeing" so far, y'know.

    As for me, I'm rooting for McCain/Palin, if even just for the Alaska guv'nor's sake. As for McCain... Better the devil you know than the devil you don't, as they say.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

  2. #10
    Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sharks Territory
    Posts
    4,762
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 67 Times in 61 Posts

    Re: The AO Presidential Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by psychical View Post
    "Realistic and true"...? Convince me.
    Is there such thing as a rhetorical statement?? Look, two weeks from now we are going to have an election. One, there's no point to try to convince you. It's like trying to tell that lady that Obama is not Arab. If you have long decided you were for the McCain ticket you're not going to change. We are only going to waste our time.

    And to the person who said Obama is a socialist, think about this. The day this country implemented the income tax was the day we re-distributed wealth. I'm going to be honest and say I'm bias against the GOP. At the same time I have my reasons for not voting for McCain. I know McCain is not a "bad" person, heck he's a hero that had served the country. Similar to President Bush, it is those that surround him that I have an issue with. Senator McCain is already at a certain age, and he has his battle with skin cancer years back and that puts a big question mark on his health. If he does win and something happens to him, Palin becomes commander-in-chief.

    That woman (similar to McCain's 'that one') is not fit to lead the country. Women have the capability to lead this country, but that woman does not. Bottom for me is this, you can say that both parties are just acting until they get into the oval office. To me, Senator Obama is currently putting up a more mature and responsible facade than his opposition.

    And of course, with the stuff I read.

    'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

  3. #11
    Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Secure Undisclosed Locationville
    Posts
    314
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Is there such thing as a rhetorical statement?? Look, two weeks from now we are going to have an election. One, there's no point to try to convince you. It's like trying to tell that lady that Obama is not Arab. If you have long decided you were for the McCain ticket you're not going to change. We are only going to waste our time.

    And to the person who said Obama is a socialist, think about this. The day this country implemented the income tax was the day we re-distributed wealth. I'm going to be honest and say I'm bias against the GOP. At the same time I have my reasons for not voting for McCain. I know McCain is not a "bad" person, heck he's a hero that had served the country. Similar to President Bush, it is those that surround him that I have an issue with. Senator McCain is already at a certain age, and he has his battle with skin cancer years back and that puts a big question mark on his health. If he does win and something happens to him, Palin becomes commander-in-chief.

    That woman (similar to McCain's 'that one') is not fit to lead the country. Women have the capability to lead this country, but that woman does not. Bottom for me is this, you can say that both parties are just acting until they get into the oval office. To me, Senator Obama is currently putting up a more mature and responsible facade than his opposition.

    And of course, with the stuff I read.
    Ummm, no. That wasn't a rhetorical statement, I'm afraid. Just because I'm for McCain doesn't mean I can't be convinced otherwise, y'know. And even if I were to cling to my opinions even after I've been given the most sensible and persuasive of explanations, at least I'd know what the other side's all about. There's nothing wrong with seeing both sides of the debate. So don't you pull a fast one on all of us here and use the pretext of me asking "rhetorical questions". And please don't suppose I'm stupid; whether Obama has Arab relatives or not, that doesn't really matter -- what does matter is whether he would effectively set things straight as Commander-in-Chief.

    As much as I'd like to discuss here the economic ramifications of Obama's proposed tax policies, that would be straying too far from the discussion. Suffice it for now to say that wealth redistribution boils down to bailing out those who can't (or WON'T) pull themselves up by their bootstraps. Think about this: wouldn't that discourage those who try to strike out on their own to live out the American Dream, and encourage those who subscribe to that whole notion of "victimhood" and "entitlement" by giving them free money? (In case you were wondering, no, that wasn't a rhetorical question, either.)

    And just because McCain's old doesn't mean he can't lead; as far as I can tell, he doesn't have Alzheimer's, and he can't use a computer because of injuries sustained during torture as a POW (he can always delegate computer-related tasks to assistants). As for lifespan? Two words: modern medicine.

    And you've just dug a deeper grave for youself by claiming that Palin "does not" have the capacity to lead the U.S. Please, pray tell, why. I mean, given her track record, she's had executive experience, unlike the two contending senators. She's been mayor of her small town, and more importantly, governor of a State. If that doesn't count as "experience", tell me what does. (In addition, I was rooting for Palin as VP since, well, one of the functions of a VP is to serve as Senate President. Wouldn't that be real change to see an executive, and not another legislator, in that position?)

    Again, enlighten me. I might not agree with you in the end, but at least I can see where you're coming from. Emphasis on "might".

    P.S. You've also used the word "facade"... Well, if Obama remains on the level of style and "facade", then we have here an empty suit. Substance is what really matters.
    Last edited by psychical; Oct 25, 2008 at 04:31 AM.

  4. #12
    My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    near you
    Posts
    1,875
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 50 Times in 42 Posts

    Re: The AO Presidential Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by psychical View Post
    "Realistic and true"...? Convince me.

    Oh, and I don't suppose that not liking the GOP's a valid reason for voting for Obama (who during his world tour managed to visit *gasp!* 57 U.S. states, a feat never accomplished by any presidential candidate in history). To say that your opinions remain unsubstantiated would be a gross understatement. Please, for the love of God Almighty, don't jump to conclusions simply because you're read something both catchy and demeaning regarding Republicans; it's not like they're responsible for ALL the wrongs you've been "seeing" so far, y'know.

    As for me, I'm rooting for McCain/Palin, if even just for the Alaska guv'nor's sake. As for McCain... Better the devil you know than the devil you don't, as they say.
    For your information and all other regarding my knowledge on the subject of obama and mccain, i have watched all three debates between the two, also the debate between palin and biden.

    And in all debates between mccain and obama, obama has also seemed to have the better ideas, plands for america, why would u basically re-elect bush in the office, the past 8 yrs have been hell, do u want to go thru it again, or make a change, which to me is thru obama, his plans are not focused on the upper class like republicans tend to do, and how he talks about the middle working class of america, you can tell he cares for it, and is simply trying sumthing new.

    Republicans have even let they're own party down, ive talked to people that are so dissappointed about how the republican party has been doing these past 8 yrs and how they have handled the situataions, and did you know that mccaon has voted the same in nearly everything that bush has?


    And btw, Palin is so stupid, shes even hurting her own campagin, if nothing else, i would hate to have her in there for vice-president.

    1st Sig finished 12-20-09

  5. #13
    ★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Emerald island (Eire) (Ireland)
    Posts
    1,834
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 39 Times in 37 Posts

    Re: The AO Presidential Poll

    keep in mind not EVEYONE from ao is from the usa......


    and tbh i dont care how becomes present next as long as there better than bush and dont start a bloody war over oil and stuff....

    but i think obama should be in the lead atm...although i donno im not from the usa to know

  6. #14
    Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Secure Undisclosed Locationville
    Posts
    314
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: The AO Presidential Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    For your information and all other regarding my knowledge on the subject of obama and mccain, i have watched all three debates between the two, also the debate between palin and biden.

    And in all debates between mccain and obama, obama has also seemed to have the better ideas, plands for america, why would u basically re-elect bush in the office, the past 8 yrs have been hell, do u want to go thru it again, or make a change, which to me is thru obama, his plans are not focused on the upper class like republicans tend to do, and how he talks about the middle working class of america, you can tell he cares for it, and is simply trying sumthing new.

    Republicans have even let they're own party down, ive talked to people that are so dissappointed about how the republican party has been doing these past 8 yrs and how they have handled the situataions, and did you know that mccaon has voted the same in nearly everything that bush has?


    And btw, Palin is so stupid, shes even hurting her own campagin, if nothing else, i would hate to have her in there for vice-president.
    If I had a penny for each time I've heard those statements, the ones you've just trotted out... Oh, nevermind. But you still haven't explained why Obama has the better position regarding key issues, and why it is absolutely certain that he will bring his designs to fruition, for better or for better. I mean, what's wrong with wanting to be rich, so long as other people's rights aren't violated in the process? Strictly speaking, taxing people once they find themselves in the upper middle-class cluster is a violation of the "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" clause... especially the last part.

    And Palin supporters always get the "Palin is evil" and "Palin is stupid" schtick from detractors. Yet they often do not say why so. Did she trump Obama's 57 by claiming to tour 58 U.S. States, or perhaps even more? Does she whack baby seals to death? Please, pray tell, why. All you have for now is merely unsubstantiated opinion, and you can't let me see where you're coming from, let alone make me give up my position for yours.

    C'mon. Edumacate me. For real, this time.

    P.S. McCain is NOT Bush. McCain's been a real soldier. McCain's never been a governor. McCain's not from Texas. And... McCain's smarter than Bush, IMO. He's been in politics for much longer, hasn't he? Personally I prefer Rudy Giuliani or Ron Paul, but McCain's what we got now. He's not perfect, but then again, who is.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

  7. #15
    My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    near you
    Posts
    1,875
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 50 Times in 42 Posts

    Re: The AO Presidential Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by psychical View Post
    If I had a penny for each time I've heard those statements, the ones you've just trotted out... Oh, nevermind. But you still haven't explained why Obama has the better position regarding key issues, and why it is absolutely certain that he will bring his designs to fruition, for better or for better. I mean, what's wrong with wanting to be rich, so long as other people's rights aren't violated in the process? Strictly speaking, taxing people once they find themselves in the upper middle-class cluster is a violation of the "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" clause... especially the last part.

    And Palin supporters always get the "Palin is evil" and "Palin is stupid" schtick from detractors. Yet they often do not say why so. Did she trump Obama's 57 by claiming to tour 58 U.S. States, or perhaps even more? Does she whack baby seals to death? Please, pray tell, why. All you have for now is merely unsubstantiated opinion, and you can't let me see where you're coming from, let alone make me give up my position for yours.

    C'mon. Edumacate me. For real, this time.

    P.S. McCain is NOT Bush. McCain's been a real soldier. McCain's never been a governor. McCain's not from Texas. And... McCain's smarter than Bush, IMO. He's been in politics for much longer, hasn't he? Personally I prefer Rudy Giuliani or Ron Paul, but McCain's what we got now. He's not perfect, but then again, who is.

    On Mccain, check your sources, he has voted nearly the same on every issues as Bush.

    And yet have said nothing of a reason why you support Mccain either. Again, Obama is about change, and thats what we need. And how does our economy run if the rich and forunate are the ones getting all the breaks? America is built from the middle class and the working class, without them our economy will drop. The policies McCain is doing is no different form the last 8 yrs of bush, i can say that all damn day because its true.

    I mean does it not make since to change what has been nothing good at all?
    And have you even watched the Palin debate or anyting, other than her lastest debate with biden, you can easily tell how out of clue she is. She was even made fun of on the saturday night show

    And check out what mccain wants to do with our health care, go ahead and read up, then read what obama's plan is. The tell me what do you think...better yet do that on all subjects because your the one who doesnt seem to understand the situation, Im a pro obama voter because of his ideals, his realistic views on how the working class has been seeing things for years, he's not looking to make the rich richer, but to make the economy in whole better

    1st Sig finished 12-20-09

  8. #16
    Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Secure Undisclosed Locationville
    Posts
    314
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: The AO Presidential Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    On Mccain, check your sources, he has voted nearly the same on every issues as Bush.

    And yet have said nothing of a reason why you support Mccain either. Again, Obama is about change, and thats what we need. And how does our economy run if the rich and forunate are the ones getting all the breaks? America is built from the middle class and the working class, without them our economy will drop. The policies McCain is doing is no different form the last 8 yrs of bush, i can say that all damn day because its true.

    I mean does it not make since to change what has been nothing good at all?
    And have you even watched the Palin debate or anyting, other than her lastest debate with biden, you can easily tell how out of clue she is. She was even made fun of on the saturday night show
    Feisty fella, ain't ya? Hur hur hur.

    Anyways, you go first. You did post before I did, after all. Give me satisfying answers first -- that is, why Obama's better, why McCain's a dodo, why Palin's downright evil... otherwise we'll just be answering each other without you bothering to care what I just said, and vice versa. Cite sources, if you must.

    And you have your logic all wrong. Sure, the U.S. is mostly middle class. But it won't do anyone any good in the long run if they're kept in place by a tax roof. People will have less incentive to work more, and strive harder. Think about it. I mean, seriously, think. (Unless, of course, you have something to gain, since you yourself aren't inclined to work, but that's probably what I suspect. I might be wrong, so don't take me at my word here.)

    Again, just because McCain has a record of voting for whatever positions Bush might've held doesn't mean he'll become another Bush. In fact, he's been opposed to the war in Iraq. He's been in cahoots with more Dems than Bush ever has (he's a good friend of Joe Lieberman, for instance). He could've done more to support the Bush Administration, but here he falls short. In other words, I don't see the connection that he-supported-Bush-hence-he-must-be-Bush.

    Also, just because he's given us a plan of action doesn't mean he'll follow it to the letter; if the situation says that to do so would spell suicide, don't you suppose he might whip out a plan B somewhere? He's been a senator much longer than Obama has; I suppose he would. He has more sense, after all.

    Again, edumacate me. Seriously.

    P.S. Good idea. I'll give the Biden/Palin debate one more good look, but tell me where she went wrong.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Battle is ON!!!!!!!!!!! (Presidential Candidates)
    By iluvmyloser in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: May 06, 2008, 08:06 AM
  2. How do i make a poll
    By The GunGrave of Trigun in forum Feedback and Questions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Feb 05, 2008, 08:08 PM
  3. Best Profile Poll
    By Dragon Ball in forum Contests
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2007, 01:35 AM
  4. poll
    By polles in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 22, 2005, 02:41 PM
  5. How old are you [poll]
    By Sinistra in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: Feb 20, 2005, 04:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts