View Poll Results: Who is leading the race?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama/Biden

24 54.55%
  • McCain/Palin

4 9.09%
  • *puff, puff* Nader/Gonzalez

0 0%
  • I'm votin' for myself!! Soon I will rule you all!!! (Or, I don't care)

16 36.36%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The AO Presidential Poll

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The AO Presidential Poll

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    I dont care about Biden, he's not going to be president ne wayz, find something on Obama, thats my guy. And does anyone know why a lot of obama's votes are likely to come from younger voters?
    And why do people randomly say that he's a terriost or that if he becomes president is all over??? lol ist so dumb

And for every lie you find for obama theres double for mccain. Explain Mccains Health Care Plan to me...im sure you like that

PS>>>I have a white dad and a black mom, like color matters to me...
    it sounds like race does matter to you becuz you're the one who brought up this whole thing in the first place. Not once to any of the debators even elude to race, so why did you bother to bring it up? this argument has been about stances, taxes, congress, and politics what the whole presidential campaign SHOULD be about.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abu Dhabi For This Useful Post:

Arrianna (Oct 28, 2008), Scourge (Oct 29, 2008)

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow. If I could vote, I would choose Obama because-majority- his ideas and morals. He looks out for the middle-class family and wants them to live the most comfortable life possible. McCain looks out for the wealthy. I don't know much about this but I am going to read more posts for a much more educated response.
    Also, judging by Arianna's post on Biden, looks like he is messing with Obama's image
    Btw, I learned the hard way. Please don't challenge Arrianna to a debate. The woman knows her stuff. ^_^

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    My "closing" arguments:

Now I remember what I had to say, and this is directed to you Arrianna. In your honest opinion, do you think that the election will even be this close if not for people who's not willing to vote for an African American and/or those that believe he's a terrorist? People don't like to talk about this because it is really a sensitive issue. And I don't know if the same can be said that African Americans would vote for him just because they are the same race. Two years ago, it was a common concern in the Democratic party that African Americans in the south has been voting Republican.
    Honest opinion. I think there is a significantly smaller number that won't vote for Obama because of his race than that will because of it. I can't tell you the number of forum and editorial comments I have read that went "I am so happy a black man is running for office and I am voting for him so we can finally be represented." I can't give you the percentage of voters who are anti-black, (the majority of the editorials called it a small number and the anti-white pages claimed it was as high as 56%), but one number I do run into over and over again is that 95% of Blacks vote Democrat and they seem to be ecstatic he is "black".

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Senator McCain has ran against our current president in 2000 I believe. If a younger John McCain did not win over Republicans' hearts then, and look at the job President Bush did, I mean c'mon?
    He still didn't. McCain won the nomination due to "independent" voters in states where Democrats have been encouraged to register as Independents just so they can vote in Republican primaries. Most Republicans I know were furious.

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    One final note: On the economy, it's not the corporations that are doin' it to us, and "Big Oil" may lend a helping hand, but the real problem is Americans as a whole. I work collections and I watch BILLIONS OF DOLLARS in debt fly by on my computer monitor every day. I do business and corporate accounts. Corporations, they DO get a little slack, but only a little. But small business pays out of the owner's pocket. If he's got the loot and simply not paying, that creats debt. Debt that the bank will have to cover if they can't get that money back. Debt the bank probably won't collect on if it goes to a third party. It's people not payin' what they owe that's slowin' us down and closing banks and businesses everywhere here.
    Totally correct. Now ask who set in place the policies that enabled/encouraged/insisted the banks and loan companies give loans to high risk customers.

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    Also, judging by Arianna's post on Biden, looks like he is messing with Obama's image
    There is a reason a lot of people looked like this when he announced Biden as his VP. He had been his most outspoken critic when running against him in the primaries and his words at that time have been used against both of them ever since.

PS. Thank you.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Oct 29, 2008)

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    it sounds like race does matter to you becuz you're the one who brought up this whole thing in the first place. Not once to any of the debators even elude to race, so why did you bother to bring it up? this argument has been about stances, taxes, congress, and politics what the whole presidential campaign SHOULD be about.
    I hate it when people just act like theres no one out there that just isnt ready for a black president, or his name is bad or w/e else the reason may be. Like i said, i know plenty of people who are pro mccain and dont even like him, its just the fact that he's black.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate it when people just act like theres no one out there that just isnt ready for a black president, or his name is bad or w/e else the reason may be. Like i said, i know plenty of people who are pro mccain and dont even like him, its just the fact that he's black.
    You weren't talking to "plenty of people" you were talking to me. So unless you have reason to believe I am one of them you owe me an apology along with anyone else here you may have painted with the same brush by association. As Abu Dhabi said, you were the one who brought it into the conversation, no one else had even mentioned it previously.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Abu Dhabi (Oct 30, 2008), Scourge (Oct 30, 2008)

Otaku Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln's Avatar
    5 minutes past where the church used to be.
    Thanks

i am willing to bet that obama will become president. if you ever have a black guy come up to you if he/she even has the slightest /attitude/, and they ask you who you support. Say McCain... "Oh, so you're racist huh." ...

half the country is on the race train, they feel that their race has been disrespected and this is how they get to fix it.
    (If it doesn't apply to you, don't damn well get pissed idiot)

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    You weren't talking to "plenty of people" you were talking to me. So unless you have reason to believe I am one of them you owe me an apology along with anyone else here you may have painted with the same brush by association. As Abu Dhabi said, you were the one who brought it into the conversation, no one else had even mentioned it previously.
    yeah i may have been the only one, but if you dont think that way, then thats good, im glad to hear that. but im not making any apologies, so u should get used to that.

And how was i supposed to know, plenty of people, refers to a lot of people, therefore it could be u or ne one else on this site for all i know. but its out of the way now, as long as nothing is leaning on color then i feel more comfortable debating this.

But as far as i know obama is in the lead, so there most be a lot of people seeing good in him as i am. i myself am just tired of hearing that the rich need the tax breaks, it doesnt make any logical since in making the economy better, i like the idea of helping the middle class, because when they're doing good then the nation is likely to prosper as well.

I guess only time will tell, if obama wins, then i'll see the job that he's doing and if its bad, ill be back on here correcting myself of what i said about him. But from what ive seen from both canidates, which is plenty, obama's plan looks much clearer and better.

As for the raical issue, if obama will be president, that would be a huge break for the black society in whole. Maybe more than just the economy will do better from this, since there are still a lot of racist people.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Thanks

I guess only time will tell, if obama wins, then i'll see the job that he's doing and if its bad, ill be back on here correcting myself of what i said about him. But from what ive seen from both canidates, which is plenty, obama's plan looks much clearer and better.

As for the raical issue, if obama will be president, that would be a huge break for the black society in whole. Maybe more than just the economy will do better from this, since there are still a lot of racist people.
    ... and if someone who was LDS became president it would be a "huge break" for the religion with all the misinformation and prejudice out there. HOWEVER that does not mean I would Vote for Senator Harry Reid. Because it will be a breakthrough the values of whoever is the first elected to such a high position will then reflect on the group as a whole. The issues at that point becomes even more important then ever.

In other words if you are black and he will be representing you to the nation then the issues and policies are exactly what NEED to be discussed. If you are comfortable with who he is and like what he represents then by all means vote for him. Just don't vote for someone just because of their race/gender/religion or it may very well come back to haunt you. It sounds as if that isn't what you are doing so good for you.

Is that plain enough to cover the subject completely? If race doesn't matter to you, discuss the issues. If race does matter to you, discuss them further. Either way they are vitally important.

PS. As for "how was i supposed to know" it's called the benefit of the doubt. If you have no cause or reason to believe someone feels one way or the other you can decide whether or not to assume they do or assume they don't. You choose to assume that anyone who didn't agree with you did. That is called racial stereotyping and is exactly what you were calling others on. You may not believe in apologizing but you were still wrong to do so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast