View Poll Results: Who is leading the race?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama/Biden

24 54.55%
  • McCain/Palin

4 9.09%
  • *puff, puff* Nader/Gonzalez

0 0%
  • I'm votin' for myself!! Soon I will rule you all!!! (Or, I don't care)

16 36.36%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The AO Presidential Poll

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The AO Presidential Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    ... and if someone who was LDS became president it would be a "huge break" for the religion with all the misinformation and prejudice out there. HOWEVER that does not mean I would Vote for Senator Harry Reid. Because it will be a breakthrough the values of whoever is the first elected to such a high position will then reflect on the group as a whole. The issues at that point becomes even more important then ever.
    Was he the one who was caught with his pants down in the men's room of an airport??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Was he the one who was caught with his pants down in the men's room of an airport??
    lol, no. He's the current Senate Majority leader and I can't stand his politics.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln's Avatar
    5 minutes past where the church used to be.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    if obama will be president, that would be a huge break for the black society
    but that's not a GOOD thing!!...
    that just pushes blacks to vote for obama... more on the raicial side of presidential decision

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kool2bchilln View Post
    but that's not a GOOD thing!!...
    that just pushes blacks to vote for obama... more on the raicial side of presidential decision
    Do you realize what you just said? Please don't make me get an infraction by pointing out the obvious flaws in that statement. Please read the ENTIRE arguent before speaking. Thank you

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Watching both Fox News and MSNBC last night gave me plenty of things to laugh about.

One of the few times I agree with Fox News, that if McCain were to win this election it would be all on him. McCain's people have been making so many mistakes and gaffes that I'm surprise the polls are even this close. It is so undisciplined of them. McCain's camp should have stayed away from all those negative ads. Ultimately I don't think McCain is the type of person that the people around him are. There is so much inner conflict, and I just feel he had to be someone that is not him. And why he didn't get on Fox News and Bill O'Reilly considering the viewership numbers is a big WHA? for me.

And if McCain were to lose, get ready ladies the blame is gonna be dumped on Palin. Suddenly she'll be a "prima donna", "diva", "self serving bitch", etc. and all the misogyny will ooze to the top from the Republican party like the odor from the garbage at the bottom of the can.
    Last edited by Legend; Oct 31, 2008 at 02:33 AM.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln's Avatar
    5 minutes past where the church used to be.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    Do you realize what you just said? Please don't make me get an infraction by pointing out the obvious flaws in that statement. Please read the ENTIRE arguent before speaking. Thank you
    oh please do because i have no idea what i posted -_-
    you must think i just had absolutely no reasoning in my post...
    you're welcome.

maybe you'll understand the entirety of my post if i spell it out... because what i said implies that if the black majority feels that by having obama in the white house, they will get a break or a "prize" or that they'll go up on the ladder, that's not good, that's not what they should be concentrating on.

that's not right. You can phrase it however you want, but it's not an individual, unbiased, uninfluenced decision for presidency. It's selfishness.
    Last edited by Kool2bchilln; Oct 31, 2008 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kool2bchilln View Post
    oh please do because i have no idea what i posted -_-
    you must think i just had absolutely no reasoning in my post...
    you're welcome.

maybe you'll understand the entirety of my post if i spell it out... because what i said implies that if the black majority feels that by having obama in the white house, they will get a break or a "prize" or that they'll go up on the ladder, that's not good, that's not what they should be concentrating on.

that's not right. You can phrase it however you want, but it's not an individual, unbiased, uninfluenced decision for presidency. It's selfishness.
    I wrote a two page response to this iggnorant reply, but it got deleted. So I am going to summerize and maybe Arrianna will come back and educate you.

A) Blacks have always voted for white candidates. This is the first time we have ever had a Black one dear. When has skin color EVER mattered in previos elections? It was all based on policies, political views, and programs, funding, and agendas that would best help the black community

B) Its an honor to have a Black representative for our race being the president and not a rapper such as Lil' Wayne

C) Black voting has never had constant numbers. This may be the first year we will even have record breaking precentages dear. Our own is running and that boosts confidence

D) There are black republicans honey, Blacks that would cast their vote for McCain and not Obama based of their political affiliation and not skin tone preference

E)For someone who was once considered as valuable as a piece of furniture, having a good standing representative boosts our levels of confidence. It is one hell of a step up from being considered property to being looked upon as a being of the race who runs the U.S.

F) Dear, do not talk about anything you don't know nothing about. I cannot give you proof on the number of blacks who are voting for Obama because of his skin tone, but Black shave always been majority democratic. Black women being the second largest pro-democratic party in the U.S. Although numbers are shifting, Blacks have always been majorty democratic. And also, as long as my skin is dark, my ancestors came from Nigeria, and I am not an ounce Aryan, I will NEVER get a free ride.

That is the common sense part. Hopefull Arrianna will come back and give you the educational part. She is the master at that.

Also, I understood your post dear. I am not as dumb as you may think

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

And why he didn't get on Fox News and Bill O'Reilly considering the viewership numbers is a big WHA? for me.
    That makes two of us.

And if McCain were to lose, get ready ladies the blame is gonna be dumped on Palin. Suddenly she'll be a "prima donna", "diva", "self serving bitch", etc. and all the misogyny will ooze to the top from the Republican party like the odor from the garbage at the bottom of the can.
    I don't think so. McCain isn't that well loved that they would look for another scape goat and there are a lot of people who love Palin inside the party. Chances are instead you would see people kicking off a Palin 2012 campaign. Certain members would love to have their own Republican "Hillary".

A) Blacks have always voted for white candidates. This is the first time we have ever had a Black one dear. When has skin color EVER mattered in previos elections? It was all based on policies, political views, and programs, funding, and agendas that would best help the black community
    Absolutely correct. Some feel it has ruined the community in fact.

D) There are black republicans honey, Blacks that would cast their vote for McCain and not Obama based of their political affiliation and not skin tone preference
    Also true but not many. Many of them grew up before quotas and affirmative action and don't agree with them.

F) Dear, do not talk about anything you don't know nothing about. I cannot give you proof on the number of blacks who are voting for Obama because of his skin tone, but Black shave always been majority democratic.
    Currently 95%.

Now, Kool2bchilln does have a point. Voting for someone just because they will give you a break rather then what is good for the country is selfish... it's also the way most people vote. "What is in it for me?"

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast