View Poll Results: Who is leading the race?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama/Biden

    24 54.55%
  • McCain/Palin

    4 9.09%
  • *puff, puff* Nader/Gonzalez

    0 0%
  • I'm votin' for myself!! Soon I will rule you all!!! (Or, I don't care)

    16 36.36%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 57 to 64 of 66

Thread: The AO Presidential Poll

  1. #57
    Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In solitude
    Posts
    1,465
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts

    Re: The AO Presidential Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    That makes two of us.


    I don't think so. McCain isn't that well loved that they would look for another scape goat and there are a lot of people who love Palin inside the party. Chances are instead you would see people kicking off a Palin 2012 campaign. Certain members would love to have their own Republican "Hillary".

    Absolutely correct. Some feel it has ruined the community in fact.

    Also true but not many. Many of them grew up before quotas and affirmative action and don't agree with them.

    Currently 95%.


    Now, Kool2bchilln does have a point. Voting for someone just because they will give you a break rather then what is good for the country is selfish... it's also the way most people vote. "What is in it for me?"
    Thank you for clarity Arrianna, and I do understand hat some blacks are voting just based on race, but I am proving that there are some that vote based on political value and affiliation. Also, did you mean funding for the black community was bad or in general? I was uncertain

    Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

  2. #58
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: The AO Presidential Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    Thank you for clarity Arrianna, and I do understand hat some blacks are voting just based on race, but I am proving that there are some that vote based on political value and affiliation. Also, did you mean funding for the black community was bad or in general? I was uncertain
    The excess of handouts is felt by some blacks to have ruined the work ethic of the younger generation. According to them to many feel entitled to jobs and handouts just because they are black instead of believing they should have to work hard. To them before the quota's and affirmative action they had to work hard because they had something to prove. After that there was no need to work hard because they were entitled.

    Honestly anytime you remove work ethics and incentive to succeed it can be bad for any community. That is why so many people are against socialism.


    Now I have a question for you, why do so many blacks support the democratic party?

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  3. #59
    Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In solitude
    Posts
    1,465
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts

    Re: The AO Presidential Poll

    I understand now. And I must agree to some extent. Handouts to my generation has lead to a negative outlook on work ethic for young people. kids my age don't beleive in work; but there is nothing wrong with handout that can help a single parent raise four kids on her own, supporting them on a single salary that is less than acceptable for living in the 21st century. Excess hand outs are taken for granted, but they do help. The link card does help when food is a nesscity to people who don't have money for it. Trust me, I know.

    Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

  4. #60
    Otaku Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    5 minutes past where the church used to be.
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: The AO Presidential Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    I wrote a two page response to this iggnorant reply, but it got deleted. So I am going to summerize and maybe Arrianna will come back and educate you.

    A) Blacks have always voted for white candidates. This is the first time we have ever had a Black one dear. When has skin color EVER mattered in previos elections? It was all based on policies, political views, and programs, funding, and agendas that would best help the black community

    B) Its an honor to have a Black representative for our race being the president and not a rapper such as Lil' Wayne

    C) Black voting has never had constant numbers. This may be the first year we will even have record breaking precentages dear. Our own is running and that boosts confidence

    D) There are black republicans honey, Blacks that would cast their vote for McCain and not Obama based of their political affiliation and not skin tone preference

    E)For someone who was once considered as valuable as a piece of furniture, having a good standing representative boosts our levels of confidence. It is one hell of a step up from being considered property to being looked upon as a being of the race who runs the U.S.

    F) Dear, do not talk about anything you don't know nothing about. I cannot give you proof on the number of blacks who are voting for Obama because of his skin tone, but Black shave always been majority democratic. Black women being the second largest pro-democratic party in the U.S. Although numbers are shifting, Blacks have always been majorty democratic.

    changed to G) And also, as long as my skin is dark, my ancestors came from Nigeria, and I am not an ounce Aryan, I will NEVER get a free ride.

    That is the common sense part. Hopefull Arrianna will come back and give you the educational part. She is the master at that.

    Also, I understood your post dear. I am not as dumb as you may think
    A) it has all been based on such since, as you say, we have never had a black presidential candidate. This has blame on both races, white for subtly discriminating, and blacks because a black person has never stepped up to run for presidency until now. Now we do have a black candidate, so add that to your list. And like a schoolteachers gradebook, some things weigh on the entire outcome more than others.

    B) great that you think so, it's how he gets there that is bothering me, so don't start leaning towards me being racist.

    C) it doesn't matter about the numbers (unless you're doing poll or it's part of your job ect.), it's WHY they're voting. If they're voting because "hey i can help make a black guy become president", this isn't going to end well...

    D) I don't wanna hear it. My grandfather is registered politically and votes however he freaking wants. Just because you're registered republican doesn't mean you can't vote for whoever you feel like voting for.

    E) i'm not going to respond to this because of the demeaning position you place the entire black race in, and expect me to reply...

    F) Frankly, dear, you know not what i do and do not know. What is this about party majority? I welcome you to elaborate on it, but until then my only response is: Party registration only matters during primary election, and as per point D) The black people will vote for whoever they want. If they want i black president guess who they're voting for... if they like mccain, guess who they're voting for.

    G) This should not have been included in F as it is a personal expression. And that doesn't prove anything other than you work for your living, which i respect. Just because you live one way doesn't mean someone else lives the same way you do.

    Also note that i do not believe that every black person is this way, but i am concentrating on the black race because this most involves them, and it would be naive to think that most of the black race is not tempted by the idea of a black president. I also acknowledge that there are white people who vote for obama for that reason as well, and i think the same thing of them as others. ect...

    Then a simple statement that could have been thought upon should not have been drawn out into a multi-paragraph /argument/.

    Truly, this guy (black btw) expresses my thoughts amazingly well: a Random Rant
    Last edited by Kool2bchilln; Oct 31, 2008 at 04:48 PM.

  5. #61
    Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In solitude
    Posts
    1,465
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts

    Re: The AO Presidential Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Kool2bchilln View Post
    A) it has all been based on such since, as you say, we have never had a black presidential candidate. This has blame on both races, white for subtly discriminating, and blacks because a black person has never stepped up to run for presidency until now. Now we do have a black candidate, so add that to your list. And like a schoolteachers gradebook, some things weigh on the entire outcome more than others.

    B) great that you think so, it's how he gets there that is bothering me, so don't start leaning towards me being racist.

    C) it doesn't matter about the numbers (unless you're doing poll or it's part of your job ect.), it's WHY they're voting. If they're voting because "hey i can help make a black guy become president", this isn't going to end well...

    D) I don't wanna hear it. My grandfather is registered politically and votes however he freaking wants. Just because you're registered republican doesn't mean you can't vote for whoever you feel like voting for.

    E) i'm not going to respond to this because of the demeaning position you place the entire black race in, and expect me to reply...

    F) Frankly, dear, you know not what i do and do not know. What is this about party majority? I welcome you to elaborate on it, but until then my only response is: Party registration only matters during primary election, and as per point D) The black people will vote for whoever they want. If they want i black president guess who they're voting for... if they like mccain, guess who they're voting for.

    G) This should not have been included in F as it is a personal expression. And that doesn't prove anything other than you work for your living, which i respect. Just because you live one way doesn't mean someone else lives the same way you do.

    Also note that i do not believe that every black person is this way, but i am concentrating on the black race because this most involves them, and it would be naive to think that most of the black race is not tempted by the idea of a black president. I also acknowledge that there are white people who vote for obama for that reason as well, and i think the same thing of them as others. ect...

    Then a simple statement that could have been thought upon should not have been drawn out into a multi-paragraph /argument/.

    Truly, this guy (black btw) expresses my thoughts amazingly well: a Random Rant
    a) Actually dear, Shirly Chislom ran for presidency back in '72 but lost because she didn't get past the primary. Also, hon, can you blame a black man/woman for not wanting to run? You have the fear of getting killed on sight, family and friends murdered, raped, beaten, etc. because of the color of your skin? Would you have the balls to run?

    b) I never called you a racist dear. You called yourself one. Also, blacks make up less than 20% of the United States population. I think the other 80% backing him has to be other ethnicities dear. Whites, Asians, hispanics, etc. They are all backing him as well, blacks just have more pride in him because he represents us.

    c) *sigh* That may be one logical explanation to the mindset of a black person, but it is also his good standing political career, values, morals, plans, agendas, etc. If it was an ingrate who talked like he came straight from 22nd and California, then I highly doubt blacks as a majority would vote for them. Obama came from Harvard University, top of his class, highly intelligent, senator from Illinios, has good people skills, is socialable, very articulate and humble, and keeps it "real" with the American people. The man is articulate and inteligent. We have a good chance of being respected because of his representation so WHY NOT show the man support? That is liek saying Why follow Dr. MLK? Since the man defied ordinary rule and vouched for freedom and rights, we only support him because he is black? No hon, that is wrong.

    d) *sigh*-again-. Dear, the point in bringing up the Republican party was to demonstrate how REPUBLICAN BLACK voters can go either way. There is a white and a black man running, one republican and one democrat. Republicans are most likely going to vote...you guessed it...republican. Democrats are most likely going to vote....you guessed it...democrate

    e) I wasn't expecting you to reply to anything dear, I was stating facts. How can I put my own people in a demeaning place when that actually happened in history? Please tell me.

    f)You just proved my point. Thank you.

    g)...I don't even know hot to respond to that. I don't even know what you were saying to be honest. Yes, I work for a living and go to school in order to go to Yale University, but that doesn't have anything to do with my statement.

    Let me say it again. "I may never be able to be respected in the United States because I am black, not Aryan, and not black president will even change that. We may get more recognition, but never respect."

    Also note that i do not believe that every black person is this way, but i am concentrating on the black race because this most involves them, and it would be naive to think that most of the black race is not tempted by the idea of a black president.

    Well, we have someone who is in good standing with us and is a good representation. Why is that so wrong for us to show support to a brother who is risking his life for change?

    I also acknowledge that there are white people who vote for obama for that reason as well, and i think the same thing of them as others. ect...

    So it is wrong for them to want change in America?- a country built on hypocrisy and discrimination? Wow. Such values.

    I am done. Good day

    Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

  6. #62
    Otaku Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    5 minutes past where the church used to be.
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: The AO Presidential Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    a) Actually dear, Shirly Chislom ran for presidency back in '72 but lost because she didn't get past the primary. Also, hon, can you blame a black man/woman for not wanting to run? You have the fear of getting killed on sight, family and friends murdered, raped, beaten, etc. because of the color of your skin? Would you have the balls to run?

    b) I never called you a racist dear. You called yourself one. Also, blacks make up less than 20% of the United States population. I think the other 80% backing him has to be other ethnicities dear. Whites, Asians, hispanics, etc. They are all backing him as well, blacks just have more pride in him because he represents us.

    c) *sigh* That may be one logical explanation to the mindset of a black person, but it is also his good standing political career, values, morals, plans, agendas, etc. If it was an ingrate who talked like he came straight from 22nd and California, then I highly doubt blacks as a majority would vote for them. Obama came from Harvard University, top of his class, highly intelligent, senator from Illinios, has good people skills, is socialable, very articulate and humble, and keeps it "real" with the American people. The man is articulate and inteligent. We have a good chance of being respected because of his representation so WHY NOT show the man support? That is liek saying Why follow Dr. MLK? Since the man defied ordinary rule and vouched for freedom and rights, we only support him because he is black? No hon, that is wrong.

    d) *sigh*-again-. Dear, the point in bringing up the Republican party was to demonstrate how REPUBLICAN BLACK voters can go either way. There is a white and a black man running, one republican and one democrat. Republicans are most likely going to vote...you guessed it...republican. Democrats are most likely going to vote....you guessed it...democrate

    e) I wasn't expecting you to reply to anything dear, I was stating facts. How can I put my own people in a demeaning place when that actually happened in history? Please tell me.

    f)You just proved my point. Thank you.

    g)...I don't even know hot to respond to that. I don't even know what you were saying to be honest. Yes, I work for a living and go to school in order to go to Yale University, but that doesn't have anything to do with my statement.

    Let me say it again. "I may never be able to be respected in the United States because I am black, not Aryan, and not black president will even change that. We may get more recognition, but never respect."

    Also note that i do not believe that every black person is this way, but i am concentrating on the black race because this most involves them, and it would be naive to think that most of the black race is not tempted by the idea of a black president.

    Well, we have someone who is in good standing with us and is a good representation. Why is that so wrong for us to show support to a brother who is risking his life for change?

    I also acknowledge that there are white people who vote for obama for that reason as well, and i think the same thing of them as others. ect...

    So it is wrong for them to want change in America?- a country built on hypocrisy and discrimination? Wow. Such values.

    I am done. Good day
    a) she wasn't a true presidential candidate now was she...
    btw i'm white, wouldn't need balls to run...

    b) absolutely false dear. and that doesn't mean they can't vote for the same reason of "black person for pres." and you call this pride?

    c) you don't seem to realize that a freaking lot of people don't care about that. About obama's sociability, that's alot like his health care plan xD.
    Why the hell are you bringing up MLK in the most negative way possible?

    d) this whole thing is summed up as DEMOCRAT BLACK and REPUBLICAN BLACK and DEMOCRAT * and REPUBLICAN * can do wtv the hell they want on voting. I believe i already asserted that in my last argument, hon

    e) oh so you thought i was incapable of constructing a response...
    you've provided the answer... "For someone who was once considered as valuable as a piece of furniture" I don't see any record of a slave chair or a slave table...

    f) you had no point you presented to me, get some sense.

    g) why would you say you don't know how to respond, then RESPOND...

    Let me say it again. "I may never be able to be respected in the United States because I am black, not Aryan, and not black president will even change that. We may get more recognition, but never respect."
    This is a selfish statement...
    You use I twice, then try to expand this to your entire race. It doesn't work.

    Well, we have someone who is in good standing with us and is a good representation. Why is that so wrong for us to show support to a brother who is risking his life for change?
    Well i'm just so sorry i'm basing my preference on his political statement and its likeliness to work... instead of some false sense of "brotherhood in a devalued race"...

    So it is wrong for them to want change in America?- a country built on hypocrisy and discrimination? Wow. Such values.
    I am done. Good day
    First you tell me i call myself a racist, then you use my statement as if i am attacking anyone for obama... i am glad you are done, jeez...
    Leading me to wonder if you watched the video or shut it off on his first point about the socialist-style health care...

  7. #63
    Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In solitude
    Posts
    1,465
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts

    Re: The AO Presidential Poll

    Like I said, I am done. It makes no sense retorting back to someone that doesn't even make a clear argument, while contradicting themselves to make in insuffiecent validation. I hope Arianna comes back because she sure needs to help you with the facts.

    The black people will vote for whoever they want. If they want i black president guess who they're voting for... if they like mccain, guess who they're voting for.

    Thank you for proving my point. Again, I am done. It is no fun arguing with you anymore.

    I really hope Arianna comes back >.<

    P.S. As of July 1, 2007, the estimated African American population of residents in the United States. They made up 13.4&#37; of the total U.S. population.

    Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

  8. #64
    Otaku Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    5 minutes past where the church used to be.
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: The AO Presidential Poll

    someone that doesn't even make a clear argument
    It's very hard to do that with your mixed up statements.

    The black people will vote for whoever they want. If they want i black president guess who they're voting for... if they like mccain, guess who they're voting for.

    Thank you for proving my point.
    actually this was my point, another example of your mixed statements, as i had compounded upon it the point of voting for obama because he is black.

    I really hope Arianna comes back >.<
    it's not fun fighting persistence in an actual debate style is it,

     click to show spoiler


    P.S. As of July 1, 2007, the estimated African American population of residents in the United States. They made up 13.4&#37; of the total U.S. population.
    this is pointless information ya know... you have no point with this... make something out of this... ya know unless you're /actually/ leaving.
    Also notice that because you're not black, doesn't mean you can't vote for the same reason i'm trying to point out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Battle is ON!!!!!!!!!!! (Presidential Candidates)
    By iluvmyloser in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: May 06, 2008, 08:06 AM
  2. How do i make a poll
    By The GunGrave of Trigun in forum Feedback and Questions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Feb 05, 2008, 08:08 PM
  3. Best Profile Poll
    By Dragon Ball in forum Contests
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2007, 01:35 AM
  4. poll
    By polles in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 22, 2005, 02:41 PM
  5. How old are you [poll]
    By Sinistra in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: Feb 20, 2005, 04:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts