+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Apathy, good or bad nature?

Banned 3cheersforrevenge is off to a good start 3cheersforrevenge's Avatar
    Thanks

Apathy, good or bad nature?

you know being oblivious. not caring about anything, no matter how bad or good it is. i think, in my opinion, that i am the king of obliviousness. i don't really care about anything, i could wreck a car and get in major trouble and not care. but it kinda makes things a little worse for me sometimes, in some ways. so, is being oblivious to things right or wrong?

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Obliviousness, good or bad nature?

Quote Originally Posted by 3cheersforrevenge View Post
    you know being oblivious. not caring about anything, no matter how bad or good it is. i think, in my opinion, that i am the king of obliviousness. i don't really care about anything, i could wreck a car and get in major trouble and not care. but it kinda makes things a little worse for me sometimes, in some ways. so, is being oblivious to things right or wrong?
    Well I think its bad. Becuase if you have no care for anything then you have no compassion. Which means you could just kill your parents and not care about it all, I dont like that. Having that kind of attiutide can get you into a lot of trouble, but of course you dont care right

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Without support from others an oblivious person would be dead in no time.
    So no, it's not a good thing for it only works as long as you can leech off someone else.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

It's kind of bad, but I am some what like that.
    I can say all these mean things to people and not care if i hurt their feelings. People think I am a stoic person at times but hey...thats me. You cant change who you are

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

I cant imagine myself as Oblivious...well is the best thing to be when you dont enjoy life, but I care pretty much about eveything, who doesnt care, really, is the most dumber ever and is already death inside, there is no worst thing than be careless about everything...

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3cheersforrevenge View Post
    Obliviousness is also being unaware of something. "Ignorance is bliss" is a load of tripe, because I am usually unaware of things at the expense of others. I just don't NOTICE things! Anyone who has ever dropped a hint at me has noticed this. Me = clueless. It's horrible. You end up hurting a lot of people that way.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the term you really want is "apathy". As divine_punishment pointed out, "obliviousness" refers to being absent-minded, unaware, and forgetful. "Apathy" is defined as "absence or suppression of passion, emotion, or excitement" and "lack of interest in or concern for things that others find moving or exciting." (from Dictionary.com).

Being truly apathetic, with absolutely no feelings on or for anything, could be a sign of a more serious emotional/mental problem. It's not so odd for people not to care about somethings, but to care about nothing isn't normal.

As for oblivious, like Hassun said, if someone is really completely unaware of what's going on around them, they won't last very long.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku Tetsanosuke Kirikami is off to a good start Tetsanosuke Kirikami's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Apathy, good or bad nature?

To be oblivious is almost like being ignorant in a way. Just just don't notice things or can't keep in the loops. You make no effort to keep yourself informed in general.

ob·liv·i·ous /əˈblɪviəs/ - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uh-bliv-ee-uhs]
    –adjective
    1. unmindful; unconscious; unaware (usually fol. by of or to): She was oblivious of his admiration.
    2. forgetful; without remembrance or memory: oblivious of my former failure.
    3. Archaic. inducing forgetfulness.

Ignorance can be a blessing, and a burden. Depending on the way you look at it, so can being Oblivious. When you don't realize things, you aren't affected by them. When you aren't affected you don't have to feel or care, and it lets you go on in your life as if nothing was wrong.

I'm sure you all know the flip side though.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Dec 13, 2007 at 09:01 PM.

"Walk in with Reason, and leave with Passion."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast