+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ape or Dust

Newbie sarcosuchus is off to a good start sarcosuchus's Avatar
    Thanks

Ape or Dust

This one of the most debated topic of all time an still unsolved now I want you to stand which of the two side, are you from dust just like what the bible say? Or you are an ape like what Charles Darwin conclude? My classmated give a very big joke about it, that the first man which is Adam who came from dust is an ape. It is only a joke but what is your opinion?
    sarcosuchus bite

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sarcosuchus For This Useful Post:

DemonicKagomeTahoshi (Oct 20, 2008)

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ape or Dust

Hm, well, dosen't this topic seem oddly familiar...

Anyways, I say that we came from...uh, dust. Seeing as I'm a christian and all, that's how I believe man came to be. And I just can't believe that people came from apes...just not a too much appealing thought to me. And, it dosen't make sense at all to me that over a few million years apes could turn into humans. So, yeah...that's what I say and is my strong-willed opinion...

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Akura13 For This Useful Post:

sarcosuchus (Oct 20, 2008)

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

I am personally a strong believer in evolution, as the remains of our ancestors provide huge clues as to how we came to be.

This is not to say i discredit the religious view. Who is to say that God decided to poof up some elements and let them run their course, thus God creating evolution?
    Why hello there!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoDeath90 For This Useful Post:

Otaku xxoxx is off to a good start xxoxx's Avatar
    Thanks

I totally disagree with Charles Darwin theory why…?? Because the human and ape have different chromosomes between them and there is only one chromosome that we sheared it between us, I mean the ape and human...so I believe that I come from dust like what the bible say…

Foolish beating

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xxoxx For This Useful Post:

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by xxoxx View Post
    I totally disagree with Charles Darwin theory why…?? Because the human and ape have different chromosomes between them and there is only one chromosome that we sheared it between us, I mean the ape and human...so I believe that I come from dust like what the bible say…
    Actually, this is totally incorrect. Comparing DNA with the Chimpanzee (which is currently believed to be the closest surviving relative to humans..), the latest genetic tests show over 95% commonality in the DNA, and among active genes, its at least 98.5%. (As the tests become more accurate, this percentage has been going up...) Genetic scientists in general have been surprised on how little difference there is between humans and the other primates, and there has been some speculation that the difference may be as little as 200 active genes...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

Otaku DemonicKagomeTahoshi is off to a good start DemonicKagomeTahoshi's Avatar
    Always with my lover in his hearts, or with him no matter what
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    I am personally a strong believer in evolution, as the remains of our ancestors provide huge clues as to how we came to be.

This is not to say i discredit the religious view. Who is to say that God decided to poof up some elements and let them run their course, thus God creating evolution?
    I agree... cause there are many ways that can tell us of how we came today, but who knows, maybe like NeoDeath90 said, maybe were one of gods creations... who knows.?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonicKagomeTahoshi For This Useful Post:

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually, this is totally incorrect. Comparing DNA with the Chimpanzee (which is currently believed to be the closest surviving relative to humans..), the latest genetic tests show over 95% commonality in the DNA, and among active genes, its at least 98.5%. (As the tests become more accurate, this percentage has been going up...) Genetic scientists in general have been surprised on how little difference there is between humans and the other primates, and there has been some speculation that the difference may be as little as 200 active genes...
    eh... the amount varies depending on the test from as low as 85% to as high as 96%. The 98/99% sounds nice but I have yet to see a study that backs it up. Inside that range we could be descended from mice too.

OF MICE AND MEN / Striking similarities at the DNA level could aid research
    Man vs. mouse

-- Mice and humans both have about 30,000 genes - and share 99% of them - but the mouse genome is shorter than that of humans (2.5 billion letters compared with 2.9 billion) -- -- About 1,200 new genes have been discovered in the human because of mouse-human genome comparisons.

-- Mice have many more olfactory genes compared to the human. Smell matters for mice, especially for sex and mating; they also have more genes involved in reproduction (such as aphrodisin, which stimulates mating behaviour in males) and immunity.

-- It might be said that we are essentially mice without tails - but we even have the genes that could make a tail.

-- 90 percent of genes associated with disease are identical in the human and the mouse, supporting the use of mice as model organisms.
    Since chimpanzees have more chromosomes then we do it's just as believable ...or the pufferfish or lizards or...

Sorry I believe we were genetically created by an intelligence oops... we come from "dust". Why not? Give us 50 years of additional technological advances and we'll be able to do it ourselves.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

sarcosuchus (Jan 16, 2009)

Otaku xxoxx is off to a good start xxoxx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Take look at this one ..That the biggest differnce between the Chimpanzee and human is just one Chromosomes..

Greater than 98% Chimp/human DNA similarity? Not any more.
    People's Daily Online -- Larger difference found in human, chimpanzee Y chromosomes

Foolish beating

16. The Following User Says Thank You to xxoxx For This Useful Post:

sarcosuchus (Jan 16, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast