+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Arizona Immigration Law

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

Arizona Immigration Law

Several of you have probably heard of this already.

It's a new law that was passed in Arizona that basically mandates the profiling of Hispanic people (the police are required to ask any person they suspect of being an illegal immigrant for identification, as well as proof of citizenship: if they don't have the proper documentation with them, they can go to jail for it).
    There are several other controversial aspects of the law, but this one seems to be the main concern (feel free to discuss the other ones).
    Here's an article:
    Protest Against Arizona's New Immigration Law

What do you guys think? Is this profiling? Will it keep out illegal immigrants or have any effect on the ones that are already here? Is this law unfair? Will this reduce crime, or promote it? Is it unconstitutional?
    Last edited by BrightShadow_96; Apr 28, 2010 at 06:14 PM.

Otaku superstar9156 is off to a good start superstar9156's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Arizona Immigration Law

Yes i really saw it on the news yesterday. i was shocked really that its a problem now. I think the amount of immigrants ( illegal ones) will somewhat go low but they probably go to a different state. But the fact that a illegal person will go a jail is too much really. maybe they should ask if they want to full in the form i think.

( to be honest ima not sure how to be a citzin of the US work. So please work with me here.)

will it reduce crimes? Im not sure.maybe maybe not. Gods knows.

A Soul Needs a Purpose to Live.- Gaara

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I think people are way to over the top about this immigration issue. I have much bigger problems with those people born in America that complain about what a bad country they think they live in. As far as I am concerned, hell exchange the thankless bastards in this country for the immigrants who want to be over here.

When it comes to profiling I don't mind it if police are profiling. Especially when it comes to air planes and arabs and muslims. I know everyone mentions profiling and most people think it is evil but I was never one of those guys. Hell I used to get asked for my alien registration card all the time, and enjoyed the look on peoples faces when I told them I bever had one and more importantly never needed one.

Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Thanks

i actually live in a family that wont shut up about the whole stupid issue i honestly think they are gonna find another way into the contry if not one spot another and do we really need to focus on the border when our school are suffering so much? idk maybe i am wrong but you will never know
    as for crime anyone can commit a crime and u would think if u are coming to this contry illegaly then u would lay low right?

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    When it comes to profiling I don't mind it if police are profiling. Especially when it comes to air planes and arabs and muslims. I know everyone mentions profiling and most people think it is evil but I was never one of those guys.
    Profiling is a bad thing when it comes to putting innocent people in jail. I guess I see your point when not profiling puts people in danger, but, as far as immigration goes, this is not the case.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow_96 View Post
    Profiling is a bad thing when it comes to putting innocent people in jail. I guess I see your point when not profiling puts people in danger, but, as far as immigration goes, this is not the case.
    You're right. Profiling Hispanic people is not one of those situations. Which is why people should stop worrying about it.

Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Thanks

but couldnt profileing people be as simple as making a call and looking them up? i thought it was a fasst and simple process

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CBtay01 View Post
    but couldnt profileing people be as simple as making a call and looking them up? i thought it was a fasst and simple process
    You're thinking of a different sort of profiling. I was talking about racial profiling. Essentially, racial profiling (in regards to law enforcement) is suspecting someone of a crime because of their race. In this case, the police were given the power to arrest someone based on reasonable suspicion, and this reasonable suspicion is allegedly based on racial profiling. In my opinion, it would have to be based on profiling: how else would they find someone walking down the street "reasonably suspicious" of being an illegal immigrant?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast