+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Arizona Immigration Law

Otaku superstar9156 is off to a good start superstar9156's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Arizona Immigration Law

My family is talking about this non stop. im getting sick of it now, but racial profiling i don't think thts the case.

A Soul Needs a Purpose to Live.- Gaara

Newbie Takuan is off to a good start
    Thanks

This law is good. It will keep illegal immigrants out, and the illegals will stop sucking up all our tax dollars and taking up space in our welfare system. All they are are a burden that doesn't pay back for their staying in America for free.

Otaku Avea Shadows is off to a good start Avea Shadows's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the main reason they come here, is because they can get paid more in the U.S. than at their home. Nothing is wrong if they want to work here, and I'm sure they probally did not have enough money to get here legally. Going to jail, is a bot over the top. Honestly, I think they should just sign papers to become legal here, because all they wanted to do was make an honest living, and start of with a new life(most I guess)

But what do I know..like they will listen to a 16 year old..

Living life on your own..Isn't always that easy..-Vincent

Newbie Takuan is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Avea Shadows View Post
    I think the main reason they come here, is because they can get paid more in the U.S. than at their home. Nothing is wrong if they want to work here, and I'm sure they probally did not have enough money to get here legally. Going to jail, is a bot over the top. Honestly, I think they should just sign papers to become legal here, because all they wanted to do was make an honest living, and start of with a new life(most I guess)

But what do I know..like they will listen to a 16 year old..
    If it didn't take years to become a true blue citizen, most of them would do that. Not to mention that illegals may not have good credentials to get a work permit and probably don't want a green card to tie them down here.

Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow_96 View Post
    You're thinking of a different sort of profiling. I was talking about racial profiling. Essentially, racial profiling (in regards to law enforcement) is suspecting someone of a crime because of their race. In this case, the police were given the power to arrest someone based on reasonable suspicion, and this reasonable suspicion is allegedly based on racial profiling. In my opinion, it would have to be based on profiling: how else would they find someone walking down the street "reasonably suspicious" of being an illegal immigrant?
    oh lol talk about blonde/ red head moment lol ... well i guess you are right but isnt it right to do that when someone sticks out.... i mean if you look mexican and you are not i guess thats bad... ok i see the problem...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

You're thinking of a different sort of profiling. I was talking about racial profiling. Essentially, racial profiling (in regards to law enforcement) is suspecting someone of a crime because of their race. In this case, the police were given the power to arrest someone based on reasonable suspicion, and this reasonable suspicion is allegedly based on racial profiling. In my opinion, it would have to be based on profiling: how else would they find someone walking down the street "reasonably suspicious" of being an illegal immigrant?
    It doesn't give them the right to stop someone just "walking down the street". It does give them the right to ask someone who has been stopped for legal reasons to produce proof of citizenship (Mexico already has the same law for themselves). It also creates penalties for those who hire illegal aliens or transports them.

With the amount of crime in the state currently from illegal immigrants can you blame them?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    It doesn't give them the right to stop someone just "walking down the street". It does give them the right to ask someone who has been stopped for legal reasons to produce proof of citizenship (Mexico already has the same law for themselves). It also creates penalties for those who hire illegal aliens or transports them.

With the amount of crime in the state currently from illegal immigrants can you blame them?
    I worded that statement poorly. When I said "It would have to be based on profiling", I didn't mean to say that it was right to profile, or that there was no alternative to profiling. I was trying to say that, although the Arizona law enforcement denies that they are profiling, that they would have to be in those circumstances.

Sorry for the confusion. >.<'

Newbie Salty Dog is off to a good start
    Thanks

Several of you have probably heard of this already.

It's a new law that was passed in Arizona that basically mandates the profiling of Hispanic people (the police are required to ask any person they suspect of being an illegal immigrant for identification, as well as proof of citizenship: if they don't have the proper documentation with them, they can go to jail for it).
    There are several other controversial aspects of the law, but this one seems to be the main concern (feel free to discuss the other ones).
    Here's an article:
    Protest Against Arizona's New Immigration Law

What do you guys think? Is this profiling? Will it keep out illegal immigrants or have any effect on the ones that are already here? Is this law unfair? Will this reduce crime, or promote it? Is it unconstitutional?
    Have you read the law? Its an easy read of ten pages. In at least three places it prohibits racial profiling and provides for sanctions against police officers who do.

The law applies only when investigating law breaking and not for targetting a specific race.

The Law is completely fair and in line with Federal legislation. Incidently the Fed Attorney General came out against the law without reading it first and depending on media reports. You should be more outraged at that.

Get it right before getting silly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast