+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Arming teachers?

Otaku Kaijudozero may be famous one day Kaijudozero may be famous one day
    Thanks
    another thing to think about...
    teachers arent exactly the strongest of people (no offense)
    what is going to stop an angry kid from taking the gun and using it for
    himself???
    Emotions tend to lose their strength when put in words, So I prefer to speak only what is absolutely necessary..

Kaijudozero.deviantart.com

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks
    that why i say use a tazer so if he reacher for the tazer ;et the kid have it,
    sure it will mean filling out tons of papper work on why you did it and what provoked the incident but in the end ,if the teachers dont feel safe how will they teach kids who want to learn?
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks
    If you're going to go through the trouble of giving the teachers guns, getting bullet proof vests and whatnot, here's a better solution: Let the military take over education. Have schools in military bases, run by military teachers, because it'll be a helluva lot safer. Chances are no one is going to pull a gun when a military platoon is marching outside.
    I think military operated schools would be great! As Chubz said kids wouldn't even think of pulling any crap when they have a few hundred guys with guns walking around the school. I also think they would be motivated to get better grades, too, with the kind of discipline they practice. In my school kids have absolutely zero respect for the teachers becuase they know they can't touch them without getting sued or fired, and I know a military sergeant would sooner make them do 100 push ups than deal with any lip. Maybe then we would have to stop importing people from different countries to do the more advanced jobs becuase we would have more educated citizens. And obesity among teens would practically become extinct becuase of all the physical activity the miltary has you do; it's the answer to all our problems sitting right infront of us.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; Oct 14, 2006 at 05:34 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    What?? Are you guys kidding? The military has nothing to do with public education. You don't need Sergeant John Smith teaching at schools to make it better. You also don't need the army practicing drills outside while school is in session. The idea of military-run public school is ludicrous. It won't help in the "education" department either. A "hard" teacher doesn't necessarily translate into good school obediance and grades.

Now, as a real solution... School need to be more serious on taking precaution of emergencies. In the school shooting that occured in Colorado, Duane Washington (correct me if wrong on the name), was seen by school cameras to be sitting in his jeep for like 20 minutes, before going out and socializing with students for about 13 minutes. He then walked in and did what he did, and so on...

Now, I'm not talking about metal detectors or a thousand security gaurds around every corner of the school, but there needs to be some type of beefed-up security. What schools should do is hire an ample amount of gaurds, take action on bullying and fighting that goes on in school, pay more attention to wandering students around the school interior, reduce the chances of students doing anything outside of school, or walking around when they are not supposed to be. Basically, get serious about this shit. You don't need military walking around, just staff members to do their job. I know back in the day, wayyy back when, in middle school... There would be no kids walking around school at all during periods, and you'd have to have some kind of note, and identification if you were out. Staff members, like the principal and counseler would be regularly walking around in the halls with walkie-talkies. Now, I'm not saying that it should be the staff members' job to do that, but that's what security gaurds are for. And not the fat ones that sit on a chair and watch a TV, but people that take their job seriously.

Now, doesn't that make more sense than turning every public school into some kind of a joke military school.

Otaku Speed Cards Champion, Foxhole 13 Champion, Commander Keen - Marooned on Mars Champion, Block Down Champion, Cubis 2 : Arcade Champion, Animal Connect Champion, Color Reactor 2 Champion, Crystal Clear Champion, Cubis 2 : Morph-Fun Champion, SputNik Champion, Blast The Enemy Champion, Prison Escape Champion, Shock Defence Champion ConradGuravitch103 may be famous one day ConradGuravitch103 may be famous one day ConradGuravitch103's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think that thats a craptacular idea, just think if a teacher had a weapn and lost it one day and used that weapon on a teacher and killed, or seriously injured the student, so school staff+weapons=potential death or other injury
    I've seen all you here before at the rise and the fall, lets go down and ring the bell at the Levity Ball.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Arming teachers?

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    What?? Are you guys kidding? The military has nothing to do with public education. You don't need Sergeant John Smith teaching at schools to make it better. You also don't need the army practicing drills outside while school is in session. The idea of military-run public school is ludicrous. It won't help in the "education" department either. A "hard" teacher doesn't necessarily translate into good school obediance and grades.

Er.......my post about the military running schools was more sarcastic in nature than it was serious. The military has nothing to do with education. Guns have nothing to do with teachers. If you're going to hand guns out to teachers, where even the band teacher is carrying a gun, you might as well just put the military in charge, because things are obviously that bad.

Giving guns out will not solve the problem. Neither will making hallpasses mandatory. If the kid is that intent on shooting up the school, a hallpass isn't going to do squat. He just won't show up for first period class, and then when second period starts he'll just come busting in from outside. If he knows teachers have guns, they'll obviously be the first person to target, because the teachers will be the only ones able to open up the locks.

That bunch of bull might work for the movie "kingergarten cop," but it's not gonna work in real life. If they wanted to get serious about this, they'd go after gun laws, but they're not. This is simply a farce by saying teachers and guns will work. Don't solve the problem once it hits you, solve it before it happens.

Right now, even the police force up here gets in crap everytime they taser someone, let alone when they have to shoot someone. These guys are TRAINED to protect themselves, and to say when a situation requires force, but the minute they deem it necessary, they get a lawsuit saying that the force wasn't required, or that it was excessive. If the teacher thinks a student is about to go berserk, and they taser 'em, then it turns out the kid was just lipping them off, the schoolboard will have lawsuits up the wazoo.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    What?? Are you guys kidding? The military has nothing to do with public education.
    Really, the military has nothing to do with public education? Hmm... then what might Military Institutes/schools, ROTC classes and public school recruitement be? Sounds like public education involvement to me.

You don't need Sergeant John Smith teaching at schools to make it better. You also don't need the army practicing drills outside while school is in session.
    Now, would drills really be such a bad thing? How many fat kids do you see walking around your halls during passing time or who can barely fit in their desks during class? Now, I don't know that answer, but I know that I see way too many and something needs to be done about it. You can offer american kids after school activates and such all you want, but it's showing that until you force them to get off their fat asses and do something their going to stay nice and plump. But I think that would all change once you had someone screaming in your face to do 50 push ups. I know I start doing things a helluva' lot faster and more effecient when my dad screams in my face to do them (which hasn't happend very much, but it has).

The idea of military-run public school is ludicrous. It won't help in the "education" department either. A "hard" teacher doesn't necessarily translate into good school obediance and grades.
    Oh really? Is that why Military Institutes and schools shove out some of the best grade scores around? That seems like some hard evidence to me. A hard teacher can make the difference between a student passing or failing. Usually the grade average of a class drops when a teacher allows students to socialize, eat and listen to ipods or whatever other device they like to have pressed up against their ear. But it usually goes up when teachers force students to pay attention or get the hell out to eliminate a distraction for everyone else. But that's just usually, sometimes it even works oppositely.

Now, doesn't that make more sense than turning every public school into some kind of a joke military school..
    No, it doesn't make sense at all. Could you please show me something that permits the taunting of a military school versus a public one? I'll shoot myself in the foot if you can.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

to me i say the teachers should not have weapons in school. one they could misuse there power to have dictatorship on nthe students and they might go crazy. secon, teachers have no right to shoot a child becasue if the child is fataly injured or dead. they will get a law suit and the school.
    and lastly the smart thing to do when a student starts shooting is get ya ass outt he freaking way!!! no duh!

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast