Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: assisted suicide: right or wrong?

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks

assisted suicide: right or wrong?

i think that assisted sucicde is worng and that the person helping them die should pay. i consider it murder. please tell me your views on this.

Tanks zyta

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: assisted sucide right or worng

I'm guessing your talking about euthanasia?

I'm on the fence. If it was a loved one, I'd want them to fight to the very end, however, do I have a right to say that when it is a terminal illness, suffering and in pain? Should we deny someone who is going to die anyway, the right to end their suffering?

I would like to say that it is the persons choice, therefore it's right in some situations. But again, I personally don't believe in it, but I don't know what it's like to live in pain all the time or to know that your going to die anyway. I hear sometimes of terminally ill patients going overseas to get it done because they can't stand the pain any more (currently it's illegal in Australia), I can only imagine what their family is going through

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I think euthanasia is right when it 100% certain your going to die. Why should you have to go thru the suffering. A Dog or horse gets a nice end when its suffering, why shouldnt we?

Newbie Alondra is off to a good start Alondra's Avatar
    Thanks

back to the original question this is literally in my textbook at school i want you to tell me what you think about it!

Dale and Mike are twin brothers that spent their entire lives looking out for eachother. When they turned 70 Mike was diagnosed with cancer. Doctors gave him about 6 months. They didn't want him to suffer so together they wrote and signed a note that they decided to commit suicide. Dale broke 20 tranquilizers into Mikes dinner, an hour later he checked in on him and Mike was still alive. Dale panicked he took a .38 caliber revolver and shot his brother! He then took a handfull of tranquilizers himself, but did not die. What exactly do you think of this? I mean he ended up doing 5 years for 1st degree man slaughter? Do you think he got what he deserved?

Otaku Celebrity Fight Club Champion itachigirl is off to a good start
    i could tell you, but id have to kill you
    Thanks

i believe it is okay is some situations, but also very wrong in others. it definitely depends on the situation.
    example in a wrong way: someone's friend is incredibly depressed and they help them commit suicide
    Example in a good way: there is someone who is a human vegtable and is living in complete physical pain for no reason, then yes it's okay.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: assisted sucide: right or wrong?

People should have control over their own lives.
    Even if that means the power to end them.
    It's really none of our business to tell another grown person what is best for them, especially in a matter so grave as to have them contemplating taking their own life in the first place.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm agree with the majority here; People have the right to choose whatever they want, whether it be suicide by another or otherwise. If you ask me it's kinda like respecting their last wishes, you know? I really can't see myself doing something as such, but it would still be like killing yourself. You just don't have the guts to do it yourself, so you ask someone else to do it for you. Cowardly, perhaps.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

First off, I say all humans should die, I mean we're already on a path of our own destruction so YAY!!!

Anywho I see nothing wrong with helping someone if they wanna die, let them it's THEIR fate and if they ask you to help, by means do so. Let them be happy their own way. Even though we humans deserve to suffer.....totally contradicted myself, lol.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast