Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: assisted suicide: right or wrong?

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: assisted suicide: right or wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    If I am correct, here in England, it is punished as part of murder. If you are helping someone die then your murdering them in the eyes of the law I think.
    well thats pretty much how it goes over here in America yo, so yea i think we're right, either way it would be at least considered voluntary manslaughter

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

I've answered in Suicide thread before and as my idea was clear about it ... i'll take this side of the story .. i'd say person who helped someone commit suicide shouldn't be killed but to be prisoned in a jail forever to pay for his sin and suffer here before going up and suffer more ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LichGRIFFIN View Post
    I've answered in Suicide thread before and as my idea was clear about it ... i'll take this side of the story .. i'd say person who helped someone commit suicide shouldn't be killed but to be prisoned in a jail forever to pay for his sin and suffer here before going up and suffer more ...
    I don't think they should be in jail at all if its a mercy killing(To relive suffering). Now if there helping them commit suicide to avoid the pains of living life, then yeah they should go to jail.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

i personally think this depends on the victim. let's take a look at Of Mice and Men. Lennie was mentally unstable, and would be living in fear if he was allowed to stay alive. Therefore this is euthanasia in my eyes

Now if the person is fine and, let's say, pays you to kill him, i believe this is murder.
    Why hello there!

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Either way your helping someone kill themselves.....which is not a good thing!

Thats just like someone smoking crack with their buddy becuase it makes him feel better...not right!

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    Either way your helping someone kill themselves.....which is not a good thing!

Thats just like someone smoking crack with their buddy becuase it makes him feel better...not right!
    Not really a good comparison there. Yeah but killing them is still better than letting them suffer in agony for months until they die.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

I consider assisted suicide right. I mean, if you consider it murder, then you should also consider capital punishment murder, and killing someone in a war murder, and killing for self defense murder.

Technically, he only supplied the chemicals and the machines to help the patients commit suicide, and they signed the waiver and flipped the switch.

If someone wants to die because they are suffering every day, or for whatever reason, they should have the right to do so. And if they are unable to on their own, and someone is willing to help, then they should be able to.

I mean, Its just like with samurais and seppuku. They stabbed them selves in the stomach, while they had a friend or companion decapitate them. Its assisted suicide, not murder.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Not really a good comparison there. Yeah but killing them is still better than letting them suffer in agony for months until they die.
    you're maybe right but think of it that person we're talking about just increased someone' misery so he/she would reach that stage of committing suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by mellow maromi View Post
    I consider assisted suicide right. I mean, if you consider it murder, then you should also consider capital punishment murder, and killing someone in a war murder, and killing for self defense murder.
    this is totally irrelevant to suicide or helping someone doing so ...
    Technically, he only supplied the chemicals and the machines to help the patients commit suicide, and they signed the waiver and flipped the switch.

If someone wants to die because they are suffering every day, or for whatever reason, they should have the right to do so. And if they are unable to on their own, and someone is willing to help, then they should be able to.
    they should be given rights but in the same time they should be given a "good" advice instead of the opposite.
    I mean, Its just like with samurais and seppuku. They stabbed them selves in the stomach, while they had a friend or companion decapitate them. Its assisted suicide, not murder.
    because that's related to their beliefs which very discourage for someone to die with no blade (relative to death in battle in honor in their belief) .. i mean they wouldn't stab themselves because they are miserable in life ,now would they?
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast