+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Atheism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, and Hinduism.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Atheism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, and Hinduism.

Alright! as the title suggests, i was simply curious about each, and i was wondering about some comparisons, etc. i was also wondering each person's views, and i also wanted to learn more on each.
    mine:
    Atheism: I have nothing against them. there is evidence that suggests god doesn't exist, and that is a personal choice. However, i want to ask most atheist's something: Is it a scientific conclusion that you don't believe in God, or is it a moral one. such as 'if god existed, why did he let the Holocaust happen?' or 'Why doesn't he cure cancer?' or 'If God existed then he's a merciless, unloving God, look at the world."
    my beef with this: I don't believe that that's God, thats mankind, he created us, but if he controlled everyone of our actions, that'd be boring. he lets us rule over what he created. Also, sometimes bad things have to happen in order for good things to happen. if your view is the second one, i find you very pessimistic.

Christianity: Stop Preaching all the Time!!! my deal with Christianity is this: I believe in God with all my heart. But, i feel i have no right to judge others, in anyway, shape or form. my problem with Christianity is that they judge people so much, and don't say its not true. i was on drugs, and everyone except my mom and my granny thought they were better than me, and then my uncles all went off on me at her funeral. for something that happened a year ago, that im no longer doing, thats none of theyre business. meanwhile, i was crying, and they were cracking up at the wake, making jokes about the funeral home. they held themselves on the 'My Lord Jesus Christ' high horse, and thought they could do what they want, but if they didn't 'save me' i'll go to hell.
    My cousin is a Lesbian, and they keep telling her what she is doing is wrong, and she'll go to hell. What gives them the Right to Judge her? and i'm sick of all these Preachers always trying to sell their religion and convert people.

Buddhism: I am closest to this. i love the idea that everything is connected, and his quotes are amazing. however, i am not disciplined to follow this fully, but i want to learn more and more about it.

Islamic: I think most of this is totally misinterpreted, even sometimes, by its own people. The Koran is itself a holy book, nothing else. im actually appalled by how its referred to sometimes..

Hinduism: I think this religion is amazing. One thing thats cool is that the teaching stem from layers of thousands of years of teaching, not just a single person. i want to learn more about this as well. ive heard that they have over 300 million deities. i mean that still freaks me out even thinking about it.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Atheism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islamic, and Hindism.

the way i looked at these i'm quite open with their views. the problem with the majority of christians today that they are on a power trip. they should know that it's god who judge man, not them. they should just offer to teach to those people who wants to learn from them rather than forcing anyone who they want to join with them. it's a pity that there are some true chrsitians who got blamed in the crossfire.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rematche For This Useful Post:

fayt lingod (Jan 24, 2009)

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    Atheism: I have nothing against them. there is evidence that suggests god doesn't exist, and that is a personal choice. However, i want to ask most atheist's something: Is it a scientific conclusion that you don't believe in God, or is it a moral one. such as 'if god existed, why did he let the Holocaust happen?' or 'Why doesn't he cure cancer?' or 'If God existed then he's a merciless, unloving God, look at the world."
    my beef with this: I don't believe that that's God, thats mankind, he created us, but if he controlled everyone of our actions, that'd be boring. he lets us rule over what he created. Also, sometimes bad things have to happen in order for good things to happen. if your view is the second one, i find you very pessimistic.
    I can't say that I completely deny the existence of God, so in that sense, I'm not an atheist. At the same time, I don't completely believe in the existence of God, so I'm not exactly leaning towards the religious sides either. I constantly confuse myself, and others as well, as to what exactly I believe in.

In such a multi-cultural country like Australia, there are a lot of religious beliefs scattered throughout the country, but the most common is Christianity. I took Christian education lessons for about two years, as part of my school's education programs, and although they weren't compulsory, I took part in them because like I said earlier, I don't completely deny the existence of God. I used to throw a barrage of questions at my teacher every lesson, about Jesus and God and the Bible, but in the end, I couldn't decide if I believed in the existence of God or not.

I guess my deal is, if there really is a God out there, why are there so many bad things happening? Disease and famine, sufferings and painful deaths, particularly in most third-world countries where religion is of utmost importance. There are so many people who spend hours upon hours every day, praying for a miracle to save their villages and families from the terrors of war, disease, famine, natural disasters, and so on, and yet, for the most part, the miracle they pray for does not exist. When a miracle does happen, it's all over the news, because it's such a rare occurrence.

Sometimes I think that bad things happen because of the devil, or the fallen angels. It's more or less a fantasy story to me. There are good guys, and there are bad guys, who are constantly at war with each other to rule the world. Cliché much? I'd very much like to believe in the existence of such a heavenly figure, who could make all the bad things stop happening, and let us all live in peace, but that's wishful thinking to me. Sure, there's peace in some parts of the world, but what about the rest?

Then I hear stories about religious people who prayed in times of hardship, and were rewarded for their faith in God, and that's when I start to question my disbelief in the existence of God. But then again, miracles happen to atheists as well. In that sense, it's more luck than religion.

Mao
    Newbie Mao is off to a good start Mao's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mystical shadow angel View Post
    I can't say that I completely deny the existence of God, so in that sense, I'm not an atheist. At the same time, I don't completely believe in the existence of God, so I'm not exactly leaning towards the religious sides either. I constantly confuse myself, and others as well, as to what exactly I believe in.

In such a multi-cultural country like Australia, there are a lot of religious beliefs scattered throughout the country, but the most common is Christianity. I took Christian education lessons for about two years, as part of my school's education programs, and although they weren't compulsory, I took part in them because like I said earlier, I don't completely deny the existence of God. I used to throw a barrage of questions at my teacher every lesson, about Jesus and God and the Bible, but in the end, I couldn't decide if I believed in the existence of God or not.

I guess my deal is, if there really is a God out there, why are there so many bad things happening? Disease and famine, sufferings and painful deaths, particularly in most third-world countries where religion is of utmost importance. There are so many people who spend hours upon hours every day, praying for a miracle to save their villages and families from the terrors of war, disease, famine, natural disasters, and so on, and yet, for the most part, the miracle they pray for does not exist. When a miracle does happen, it's all over the news, because it's such a rare occurrence.

Sometimes I think that bad things happen because of the devil, or the fallen angels. It's more or less a fantasy story to me. There are good guys, and there are bad guys, who are constantly at war with each other to rule the world. Cliché much? I'd very much like to believe in the existence of such a heavenly figure, who could make all the bad things stop happening, and let us all live in peace, but that's wishful thinking to me. Sure, there's peace in some parts of the world, but what about the rest?

Then I hear stories about religious people who prayed in times of hardship, and were rewarded for their faith in God, and that's when I start to question my disbelief in the existence of God. But then again, miracles happen to atheists as well. In that sense, it's more luck than religion.
    I am not ashamed to admit that I am an atheist. I do not believe in the existence of God or gods, or in any religion for that matter, although the wisdom of atheism is that you may permit your friends and others to cling on to their "imaginary friends" if it helps them to stay sane. God does not exist, so there is no such thing as good or evil, the devil or hell or damnation or "fire and brimstone", they are simply old wives' tales invented by fat, wrinkly babushkas and others who only wish to scare us into accepting capitalist morality and way of life. It is atheist doctrine that God is no more powerful than the monster under your bed or the bogeyman in your closet. From what I understand, Angel (may I call you that?) you are agnostic, but what keeps you from going all the way? To be frank, the condition known as "agnosticism" puzzles me even now.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Whenever I see an agnostic Mao, it's usually a person who's grappling with what they feel and what seems logical. My thoughts are agnostics feel uncertain because they were raised under a religion, and then they talk to people like Mao who are atheists, and see that their point of view is also plausible. However they also still see the pausiblity of God as well, and they're worried too much about who's "right." So they remain undecided because they haven't taken to the step to believe or disbelieve. Though I like Steven Colbert's definition: "An agnostic is an atheist without balls." XD

And just so we're all clear, I'm a Christian.

Mao
    Newbie Mao is off to a good start Mao's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    Whenever I see an agnostic Mao, it's usually a person who's grappling with what they feel and what seems logical. My thoughts are agnostics feel uncertain because they were raised under a religion, and then they talk to people like Mao who are atheists, and see that their point of view is also plausible. However they also still see the pausiblity of God as well, and they're worried too much about who's "right." So they remain undecided because they haven't taken to the step to believe or disbelieve. Though I like Steven Colbert's definition: "An agnostic is an atheist without balls." XD

And just so we're all clear, I'm a Christian.
    I would have to say "Amen" to that Colbert quote, my Dark comrade (yes, we get a few Comedy Central shows where I am). Either God exists or he does not. It stands to logic that God or anything for that matter cannot be both "there" and "not there" at the same time.

The same principle would also apply to the first post, in which EmoNightmareRose simply accepts a plurality of religions (save yours... would you not call that "bigoted"? The "pot calling the kettle black"?) without examining each of them more closely. This is unfair, and intellectually sluggish. For if you are to see them for what they are, and though I am an atheist I have, you will see that they are not compatible with one another. They just "cancel out". How can you consider equally valid atheism (no God or gods) and Hinduism (a huge pantheon)? This just cannot be. What is considered fact by one religion may be considered fiction by another. This plurality of religions is another blow to all beliefs in a higher power, or powers.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    the way i looked at these i'm quite open with their views. the problem with the majority of christians today that they are on a power trip. they should know that it's god who judge man, not them. they should just offer to teach to those people who wants to learn from them rather than forcing anyone who they want to join with them. it's a pity that there are some true chrsitians who got blamed in the crossfire.
    Actually not very many as you would think are on a power trip, most usually keep to them selves and openly discus their religion and views but rarely try to force it down your throat. It’s just those that do have very big mouths and are hypocrites to the religion and those people are in fact looked down upon with in their own faith. There are also different Christian beliefs so you’re going to need to be more specific when talking about Christianity, or are referring them as a whole?
    I will agree with you that there are also many out there that are hypocrites and literally don't practice what they preach and tend to be very confrontational, especially many of those who are in the lines of the so called bible belt of the mid west. I my self am Christian and so was my X when we were dating at the time. I flew over to Kentucky and participated in my girl friend's mother and step fathers Church... Needless to say I was appalled by the whole ordeal, the vast amount of ignorance and egotistical zeal was damn near over whelming, it was painful to listen to, I thought my ears were going to bleed as my right eye were already twitching. When it was over my girlfriend and I literally ran out and when we got to the car I let out of blood curdling scream and went on a rant for about 45 min on how completely ludicrous it all was. My girl friend laughed and she thought it was funny but agreed with me and told me that is why she goes to a different church. When I went to her church it was the way it should have been.
    But every faith has those kinds of wing dings and not just Christianity that make the faith look bad.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well, i disagree with the agnostic statement. i believe in god, but i hate organized religion. i believe in finding enlightenment on my own. i actually talk way more to Angels than god, because i believe that angels guide the way, no preachers or people posing as god's messenger.
    and i think straight forward Atheists that believe that there can't be a God because of all the war and death and disease should take a step back and look at the whole picture. our world wouldn't be our world without these things. If AIDs hadn't have swept through the globe, people might still be as promiscuous with drugs and sex like the 70s. I think that everything has a reason, including horrible things. maybe all the war, disease and hate is a test to see how mankind will act in response to these trials. someone once said, 'the worst you have it in life, the better your afterlife' , this is screwed up, but it makes sense if you think about it. All the unfairness in the world is all a response test. the richest b***hs in the world who don't give a damn what will happen to anyone, will ultimately pay in the end.
    as for the atheists that believe in the scientific factors, i know barely anything about that..soo...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast