+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 60

Thread: Atheism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, and Hinduism.

  1. #9
    Mao
    Mao is offline
    Newbie Mao is off to a good start Mao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The People's Square
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Atheism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islamic, and Hindism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Utena Tenjo View Post
    Well, i disagree with the agnostic statement. i believe in god, but i hate organized religion. i believe in finding enlightenment on my own. i actually talk way more to Angels than god, because i believe that angels guide the way, no preachers or people posing as god's messenger.
    and i think straight forward Atheists that believe that there can't be a God because of all the war and death and disease should take a step back and look at the whole picture. our world wouldn't be our world without these things. If AIDs hadn't have swept through the globe, people might still be as promiscuous with drugs and sex like the 70s. I think that everything has a reason, including horrible things. maybe all the war, disease and hate is a test to see how mankind will act in response to these trials. someone once said, 'the worst you have it in life, the better your afterlife' , this is screwed up, but it makes sense if you think about it. All the unfairness in the world is all a response test. the richest b***hs in the world who don't give a damn what will happen to anyone, will ultimately pay in the end.
    as for the atheists that believe in the scientific factors, i know barely anything about that..soo...
    But it is also possible that the angels you communicate with are nothing more than figments of your imagination too, are they not? And this enlightenment is really wishful thinking taken to the extreme?

  2. #10
    Newbie hokage487 is off to a good start hokage487's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Texas yeah!!
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Smile Re: Atheism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, and Hinduism.

    Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    Alright! as the title suggests, i was simply curious about each, and i was wondering about some comparisons, etc. i was also wondering each person's views, and i also wanted to learn more on each.
    mine:
    Atheism: I have nothing against them. there is evidence that suggests god doesn't exist, and that is a personal choice. However, i want to ask most atheist's something: Is it a scientific conclusion that you don't believe in God, or is it a moral one. such as 'if god existed, why did he let the Holocaust happen?' or 'Why doesn't he cure cancer?' or 'If God existed then he's a merciless, unloving God, look at the world."
    my beef with this: I don't believe that that's God, thats mankind, he created us, but if he controlled everyone of our actions, that'd be boring. he lets us rule over what he created. Also, sometimes bad things have to happen in order for good things to happen. if your view is the second one, i find you very pessimistic.

    Christianity: Stop Preaching all the Time!!! my deal with Christianity is this: I believe in God with all my heart. But, i feel i have no right to judge others, in anyway, shape or form. my problem with Christianity is that they judge people so much, and don't say its not true. i was on drugs, and everyone except my mom and my granny thought they were better than me, and then my uncles all went off on me at her funeral. for something that happened a year ago, that im no longer doing, thats none of theyre business. meanwhile, i was crying, and they were cracking up at the wake, making jokes about the funeral home. they held themselves on the 'My Lord Jesus Christ' high horse, and thought they could do what they want, but if they didn't 'save me' i'll go to hell.
    My cousin is a Lesbian, and they keep telling her what she is doing is wrong, and she'll go to hell. What gives them the Right to Judge her? and i'm sick of all these Preachers always trying to sell their religion and convert people.

    Buddhism: I am closest to this. i love the idea that everything is connected, and his quotes are amazing. however, i am not disciplined to follow this fully, but i want to learn more and more about it.

    Islamic: I think most of this is totally misinterpreted, even sometimes, by its own people. The Koran is itself a holy book, nothing else. im actually appalled by how its referred to sometimes..

    Hinduism: I think this religion is amazing. One thing thats cool is that the teaching stem from layers of thousands of years of teaching, not just a single person. i want to learn more about this as well. ive heard that they have over 300 million deities. i mean that still freaks me out even thinking about it.
    christainty: well, where do i start..... for starters, the bible does not say anything about drugs so all i can say is, be careful, that it, so dont listen to people about drugs, if pastors and counselors dont work than go to the bible, nothing else.
    now about lesbian and homosexuality, i think as it as God didnt LITERALLY say anyting about homo sexuality,he just suggested it, so honestly, i say i dont care, do not discriminate people because they are different. as long as homosexul people dont do anything TOO disturnbing than... i support homosexuality.

    p.s. this is from a junior pastor!!
    Humor, honesty, and honor is the key to live a pure and happy life

  3. #11
    Mao
    Mao is offline
    Newbie Mao is off to a good start Mao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The People's Square
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Atheism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, and Hinduism.

    Quote Originally Posted by hokage487 View Post
    christainty: well, where do i start..... for starters, the bible does not say anything about drugs so all i can say is, be careful, that it, so dont listen to people about drugs, if pastors and counselors dont work than go to the bible, nothing else.
    now about lesbian and homosexuality, i think as it as God didnt LITERALLY say anyting about homo sexuality,he just suggested it, so honestly, i say i dont care, do not discriminate people because they are different. as long as homosexul people dont do anything TOO disturnbing than... i support homosexuality.

    p.s. this is from a junior pastor!!
    So you disagree violently with the homophobe Rick Warren, who I am sure will not agree with what you just said?

    And what you just said only proves my point, for the way I understand it, nothing is literal in your religion, that is to say they are all simply metaphors, am I correct? So Jesus only died for your sins in a metaphorical sense. Hell and the devil exist only in a metaphorical sense. And we all know metaphors are not real.

  4. #12
    is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Mr. Foxie's Den...
    Posts
    1,695
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 42 Times in 37 Posts

    Re: Atheism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islamic, and Hindism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    "An agnostic is an atheist without balls." XD
    agreed!
    <--has the book!

    but anyways, i don't really have problems with people of different beliefs. of course when they start to attack my religion, Jesus 4EVA!!, then the gloves are off...

    but under normal circumstances, no problem!

    and as for your question Mao, not everything in the Bible is literal, and not everything is metaphorical. after all, Jesus taught all his disciples and peoples with stories, to help them better comprehend the things he was trying to tell them. but he also told them that one day he would die, and then raise again in three days, which did happen.

    so... i guess that's where things get foggy with Christians... we only have the Holy Spirit to show us what it all means... but people still have different ways of seeing it...

    but, it's all arguing about candle sticks in my opinion. after all, the only commandments we really have is to love God, and love people, everything else will work out after we do that!

  5. #13
    Mao
    Mao is offline
    Newbie Mao is off to a good start Mao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The People's Square
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Atheism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islamic, and Hindism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    agreed!
    <--has the book!

    but anyways, i don't really have problems with people of different beliefs. of course when they start to attack my religion, Jesus 4EVA!!, then the gloves are off...

    but under normal circumstances, no problem!

    and as for your question Mao, not everything in the Bible is literal, and not everything is metaphorical. after all, Jesus taught all his disciples and peoples with stories, to help them better comprehend the things he was trying to tell them. but he also told them that one day he would die, and then raise again in three days, which did happen.

    so... i guess that's where things get foggy with Christians... we only have the Holy Spirit to show us what it all means... but people still have different ways of seeing it...

    but, it's all arguing about candle sticks in my opinion. after all, the only commandments we really have is to love God, and love people, everything else will work out after we do that!
    The commandments to love seem vague to me still. Also how do you know that what you believe in is true, and not just some fairy tale?

  6. #14
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: Atheism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islamic, and Hindism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mao View Post
    The commandments to love seem vague to me still. Also how do you know that what you believe in is true, and not just some fairy tale?
    That’s why they call it faith. Just like if say asking some person who does not believe in god, they don’t really know either as no one can say for sure if he/she/it is real or not. The difference being that one group can see and make sense of the world and the evidence that there is a God or some form of higher power while other see and make sense of the world that makes them believe there is not. If you have faith and die and find out there is no god, then no big deal, if there is a god and you did not have faith well then many sort of things mite happen to you.
    Also note, just because you have faith does not mean you have an easy ticket into Heaven as you still MUST be the best person you can be toward others.
    I have faith but I also believe in science and such and when you push the dogma of the two out of the way you find that they tend to make better sense then when they are separate as they fill in certain gaps that lay with in the workings of the two.
    Why many of faith do not do this comes down to the whole questioning of God and your not suppose to question him. How ever there are those such as my self do not see it as questioning but rather looking to see how he put everything together, like people admiring an artist work by looking deeper into the drawing, seeing the type of paint used, the brush strokes, you get the idea. The stereo typical view of if you ask a scientist if he believes in God and the answer you get will be no every time is down right crazy as many in the field of science do in fact believe in a higher power.
    I also mite add that many of the stories that are in the bible are actually based on real events, such as David and Goliath and the great flood, how ever like all stories of the time things get exaggerated or misinterpreted, but the point being is that they did happen, even if its not exactly the way they happened as stated in the bible or other books of faith.
    Also many of the stories are just that, stories, meant to send a meaningful message to its listeners. The kind of stories are not just limited to people of different faith but also those who do not but still see the listen and the meaning behind it. So to ridicule people of faith about stories that did not happen and are just stories that even in the book it self even states is just a meaningful story is hardly a base to ridicule some one.
    Those of faith need to be more open and accepting to other, because what people forget is that at least in the Christian side to this, Jesus talked to those who are considered unclean, like lepers, prostitutes, homosexuals, druggies and even those of different faith, and treated them as an equal with no bias attitude against them and actually treated them with respect. So when you find your self asking "What would Jesus do?" keep that in mind that he respected ALL which is an example we all should fallow even if you are not of faith.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

  7. #15
    Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohtori Academy, IRG Mafia
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts

    Re: Atheism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islamic, and Hindism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mao View Post
    But it is also possible that the angels you communicate with are nothing more than figments of your imagination too, are they not? And this enlightenment is really wishful thinking taken to the extreme?
    Well, Joan of Arc said, "if not through my imagination, then how else would God contact me?". Even if it is my imagination, i do feel them, and thats all i need. the feeling of wings spreading around me, protecting me, the feeling of the gentle stroking of my hair, the feeling of being underwater, when you're not. thats not my imagination, and if it is, i don't care. i'd rather believe a sweet lie, then a lonely truth. i've had many near death experiences, what protected me was not my imagination.
    and the enlightenment i speak is a understanding of life, love and anything else. it doesn't matter if you believe in God. Enlightenment is what led Buddha.

  8. #16
    is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Mr. Foxie's Den...
    Posts
    1,695
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 42 Times in 37 Posts

    Re: Atheism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islamic, and Hindism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mao View Post
    The commandments to love seem vague to me still. Also how do you know that what you believe in is true, and not just some fairy tale?

    well...that's something you really can't explain logically...

    cuz religion (in my case, Christianity) is based on faith, something that can be, at times, the polar opposite of logic. but, for the sake of argument, if there is a God, couldn't he defy all logic since He's the one who created it in the first place? so, He cannot be held to the same standard as earthly things, since He is not an earthly thing.

    as for the fairy tale part... can't really explain that either... when i look at the world, and everything that has gone on, is going on, is going to go on... how everything is created, from the smallest atom to the largest whale... even how the world moves with plate tectonics and space and time and black holes and orbits...

    i mean... how can there not be a God? and as for why i believe Christianity... it doesn't sound that far fetched that the One who created the world to ask His one and only son to save it... i guess that why those army movies are so touching when one sacrifices himself for others, becuz it's divine... no human, in the rawest sense of the word, would do that... it's cuz that's what Jesus did for us.

    i guess the next question is "why did He create us?"... well, i don't know.

    but i'm glad He did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is Atheism a Religion?
    By Stormraven in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: Mar 19, 2005, 06:47 AM
  2. Atheism and Christianity
    By youth_anime_fan in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: Mar 18, 2005, 05:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts