+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: atheists born or made

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks

atheists born or made

okay i just want to see whay you guys think about this.
    i have never belived in god my intire life. i belive that i was born this way just like a person is born gay. i dont think that i will ever belive in god. so my queshtion is are atheists born or made.

Tanks zyta

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: atheists born or made

Quote Originally Posted by hiei9957 View Post
    okay i just want to see whay you guys think about this.
    i have never belived in god my intire life. i belive that i was born this way just like a person is born gay. i dont think that i will ever belive in god. so my queshtion is are atheists born or made.
    In my experience, nobody is born religious. The search for the meaning of life etc. is something which grows in people as they get older. Of course that's not how most people become attached to certain religions. They become like that because they are raised that way.

Everyone is probably a little religious in a way though, Gods or not.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that you 'discover' what you believe in, you find out what you feel comfortable believing in. Like hassun said, nobody is born religious or an atheists. It's something you discover or now as life goes by. Perhaps it's harder for those who are born into a religious family, but even then I think you'd discover whether or not if you really feel comfortable in it or not.

Newbie WishIcouldlivemore is off to a good start WishIcouldlivemore's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello,

I am aethist too and I have to say that aethists are made because before I was an intense christian and my surroundings moulded me this way. And about you yes you were born aethist but your lifestyle has kept you aethist so maybe if you had the right surroundings you would become religious.

Otaku yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92's Avatar
    Thanks

i think its more of wat all has happended to you
    or wat you learn. i think everyone always has that lingering doubt about god.
    its natural.
    the way your raised or wat you learn just helps to let you decide on your own your own statments about relgion... if that makes sense

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

In my experience, religious beliefs are formed by how you are raised and the experiences you have in your life.

In my case, I was not born into a very religious family. My family considers themselves Christian but we don’t attend church. Many churches are hypocritical and has been a real turn off for my family. I don't know if it's just where I live but I can see very clearly the many hypocrisies when it comes to churches and their residents.

Because of this, I have had a better chance to form my own beliefs when it comes to religion. Many of my views differ from the Baptist view which is the most common religion in my neck of the woods. In all honesty, there is really no religion that suits all my beliefs so I’m honestly not sure what to deem myself.

But excluding my case, I have talked to many people and there is a correlation between a person’s raising and their beliefs. For example, I have noticed that with very religious families the children usually go to two extremes which is being extremely religious like the parents or becoming a full-blown atheist. I have a friend who is a perfect example of this.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Athiesm is the -denial- of the existance of a higher power.

You can not be born an atheist any more than you can be born believing any other religion.

We're born clean slates. Our opinions of God, the universe, mythology, etc. are transmitted to us through our culture, our families and our friends.

Lack of concrete religious belief does not equal atheism.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

your not born that way. Cause i know for the longest i was an atheist but then alot of things have happend in my life and i changed.

So no one is born that way. even if you were an atheist for a long time then changed it doesn't mean thats how you were born to be like.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast