+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: atheists born or made

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: atheists born or made

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    In my experience, nobody is born religious. The search for the meaning of life etc. is something which grows in people as they get older. Of course that's not how most people become attached to certain religions. They become like that because they are raised that way.

Everyone is probably a little religious in a way though, Gods or not.

Totally agree. Though I view life has no meaning. And as for the "we're all a bit religious" I claim to be Anti-Religious, but I still agree with it, we all have person beliefs, which can be called "Personal Religion". Hehe....yeah, adding in my penny to Hassun's two cents, go three cents!

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

When you are born you know only three things, you want food, you need to sleep, and you poop a lot. Religion much like language is an inculcated knowledge that varies depending on where do you live, also it will be a factor how strict the believes in the environment surronding the newborn, the stricter they are the more chances a person has to become believer.

Been an atheist or a religious person is by choice, not by genes or birth....

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hiei9957 View Post
    okay i just want to see whay you guys think about this.
    i have never belived in god my intire life. i belive that i was born this way just like a person is born gay. i dont think that i will ever belive in god. so my queshtion is are atheists born or made.
    You can be born gay. You can be born with a sexual attraciton to animals. Hell, you can be born in to a religion, but you can't be born athiest. Those are made. I'm a prime example.

I was born in to a Christian family. I was raised Christian; even got baptized and went to confirmation. But as I grew older, I started to see things differently about life, religion and the people who practice it. So, I stopped going to church, quit reading bibles (unless it's the book of Revelations or a prophetic verse from a random book.), started looking in to other religions and after searching around; I decided to believe in what I feel is right for me.

My family is still very much Christian and participates in lots of church events. I tag along from time to time, but that's just to look good in the eyes of my mother (because looking good in the eyes of god is something that humans have no control over).

Saying people are born athiest is like saying that people are born drunk. It just doesn't happen and it's very unlikely.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah i agree with everyone else your not born religious or an atheist. Your molded(Made) into it by your family or your community. But that doesn't mean you will stay religious or an atheist. When growing up some people develop strong personality's and beliefs that conflict with religion, which causes them to stop believing in god alot of times. The only one really born a way(atheist or religious) is jesus.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Simple answer to this. Your not born religious or atheist. Just like what most other people said. Its how your braught up and your choice to be ether or the other and in a way some where in between. Unless there is a religious/athiest cromisone in the human DNA which I highly doubt.

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks for your guyses feed back. well i guess you guys are right but i was never raised in a way for me to belive. i never belived in god sence i was little...

Tanks zyta

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hiei9957 View Post
    thanks for your guyses feed back. well i guess you guys are right but i was never raised in a way for me to belive. i never belived in god sence i was little...
    I'm fairly certain that your upbringing has plenty to do with it. If your parents are athiest, then you kinda have no choice in the matter; because nobody was around to put a sense of faith in you. (Just an assumption)

Like I said. You can be born in to a religious family, but it's your decision to believe in what you feel is right.

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I'm fairly certain that your upbringing has plenty to do with it. If your parents are athiest, then you kinda have no choice in the matter; because nobody was around to put a sense of faith in you. (Just an assumption)

Like I said. You can be born in to a religious family, but it's your decision to believe in what you feel is right.
    It's true. I was raised in a Catholic family and I was even baptized Catholic. My grandma told me own day that just because you were baptized or raised in a certain religion you don't neccessarily have to follow. That's the one thing that most people don't get. They think that they were created to follow their God without a choice about believing in what they want to. I chose to follow two different religions throughout my life other than chrisitanity its just how my mind set is and how I was raised.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2