Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Atheists, can you live with them?

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Atheists, can you live with them?

Well hi again people of AO me again with another religon topic to talk about. But today its not about the ism. side of this story today we will be talking about the athiest side of the story. Now here is the topic:
    1.) Can you live with the Athiest...
    2.) Why do people have to "attack" athiest in the world and vice versa.
    3.) And finilly here is a question to ask yourself: what whould make you into a 4.) Athiest (10 answers plz people) and for you athiests what woulod make you change to a religon?

Thats all folks but if you have more to talk and debate about go ahead I'm not here to stop you XD...
    death and life are one and the same

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Athiest, can you live with them?

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now are you distinguishing 'Atheist', (people who believe that God does not exist), from 'Agnostic', (people who believe that its impossible to prove or disprove the existence of God)???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Athiest, can you live with them?

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now are you distinguishing 'Atheist', (people who believe that God does not exist), from 'Agnostic', (people who believe that its impossible to prove or disprove the existence of God)???
    this topic is about Atheist... to make it clear... this is not a debate about if "god" is real or anything like that...
    death and life are one and the same

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Atheists, can you live with them?

Oi... this thread is a bit confusing.

I know one thing for sure. I won't be giving 10 answers to anything.

1) I live and exsist among athiests everyday. Ones beliefs about religion shouldn't affect me. Esspecially if they are not being abbrasive or judgemental. Niether should ones absence of beliefs. If I truely BELIEVE in something... it will likely not be swayed. Unless theres definative proof of something else. That's what is so great about religion. It's all theory. Some would even say it's fiction. The only way a persons beliefs affect me is if they are invading my space and trying to push their beliefs on to me. In that case, I usually just humor people and play along... Or I sit and debate with them if I'm bored.

2) Athiests get attacked becse there will always be people who feel like they are not serving their God unless they can influence others with their beliefs. Often religious goups have this notion that they must conform, recruit, and convert to be of the most service to God. The problem is, if you are difficult, Or have your own set of beliefs already in the works. You are viewd, firstly, as a challenge. And once they feel they are losing that challenge, they resort to condemnation.

Athiests attack, more than likely, out of defense. I mean, it would be pointless to try to push an absence of beliefs onto others. I think many athiests just think that people with religion are gamblers. That it is much safer to not invest beliefs into what cannot be seen or proven. Some atheists resort to degrading or belittle people. Because they don't understand why people would go as far as to worship and pray to a God that can't be seen or heard.

3) I would only change my beliefs if somehow God, after proving beyond doubt that he was indeed God, told me how humanity should worship, and what humanity was intended to believe in. And then I would just do what he said. But until that day comes... I willl never be narrow mind enough to claim that there isn't something bigger than us. Even if we can't see or hear it... I know its there... Its energy. So, I won't probably EVER become an atheist. Nor will I narrow my mind enough to worship any scriptures written by men. Or will ever start to personafy energy. Giving energy names like Jehovah, or Yaweh. Calling energy you're "father" Or always referring to energy in its purest form as "He". Not to mention will I ever go around condemning those who I can't convert into my belief system. So it is likely I will NEVER join an orginaized religion.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Oct 09, 2008 at 02:52 PM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

As long as nobody gets militant or extremist about his or her convictions then there shouldn't be a problem as far as I'm concerned. Oh and keep church and state separated as well.

Otaku SweetCandi is off to a good start SweetCandi's Avatar
    Thanks

i do beileve that god is real..i mean just look around us..all the things we have and see did not come from man-made,true they invented these things,but without the other items being here ,they could not accomplish this..even down to our life..no man can bring humans back to life..
    but sometimes ppl dont beileve in god,due to the fact that god hasnt done anything about the sufing going ..sometimes ppl just give up on it..i understand

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

i have plenty of friends who are atheists, what they believe does not effect me in the least bit. I could care less what they believe, i have my own personal belifes.

But i think the reason why atheists get 'attacked' is because some people dont understand that everyone has their own right to believe in whatever they want, whether it be atheist or not. No one needs to try and force their belifes on anyone.

And I personally believe in God, as i would like to call myself a christian. But i dont think that ne thing could change my belifes making me an atheist, i wouldnt be having much faith if i went and did that now would I lol

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

For me i think i can manage into living with atheists beause naturally i stop believing in god now, for no apperent reason and i think that the reason is that i could use more free time rather then obeying anything by the book. So most likely i am atheists as well.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast