View Poll Results: Was using the atomic bomb the right thing to do?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 37.21%
  • No

27 62.79%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Atomic Bomb: Good or Bad?

Vampire Prince Archery 2000 Champion kakashi_sensei may be famous one day kakashi_sensei may be famous one day kakashi_sensei's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Atomic Bomb: Good or Bad?

the atomic bomb is good! we need these kind of weapons to show world power to other nations! (yet, i feel sorry for Japan) well it's not always good....just to scare our enemies!

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Atomic Bomb: Good or Bad?

If the bomb was dropped in a demonstaration though and not over populated land the war could have possibly ended with no/minimal calualties on both sides.
    Thats pretty useless. Unless they see how many lives can be taken with just one bomb the Japanese wouldn't have surrender. Both Nagasaki and Hiroshima was densely populated cities and a prime target (shock targets) to show their "1 bomb 1 city" principle. See how the Japanese didn't surrender after the first a-bomb was dropped?

Think of it this way, its 1945 and you are the US President, remember you are at war with the Japanese which attacked Pearl Harbor. You have 2 atomic bombs at your disposal, "1 bomb 1 city" and back then no one knows the after effect of the a-bomb or if they did, it didn't matter. If you were to invade Japan you will need the support of the Soviets, cause America alone would have a hard time fighting against them, losing thousands of American lives. If I was the President back then would i send my soldiers to fight a war which we might lose without the help of the Soviets? Or rather ending it quickly without losing any of the lives of my people? We saw what happen to Germany after the war, Democracy and Communism can't go together. Remember you are the US President and your countries people are more important than the enemies. Everything adds up to dropping the bomb on Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Only 2 person in the US military objected to dropping the bomb one of them was the person responsible for D-Day forgot his name.

Now, obviously today most people would say it wasn't necessary to drop the bomb because after so many years the effect can still be seen. But if i was at war with a country and there is way end it without losing any of my people, I would use it.
    Last edited by ZeRoGravity; May 05, 2006 at 12:23 AM.

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

I think using the bomb was the right thing to do ebcause the US already knew that the Japanese would fight to the very last man. Imagine not only fighting men but alsol women and children. If US forces were to land on Japan, the Japanese would have alreay prepared for the invasion and already have better knowledge of the terrain so there would be traps laid out all over the place. Hundreds of American troops would have died in the invasion alone and then there is sweping the country of all hostile forces, so more troops would die. THese troops would have just come from defeating the Nazis and now have to fight a different enemy in a different ladscape.
    Last edited by Ragn0r0x; May 04, 2006 at 10:27 PM.

Newbie rave dude may be famous one day rave dude may be famous one day
    Thanks

i dont it was good becouse it killed innocent people. albert einstin gave his life asking goverment not to use it and president roosvet did. when it explodes the temperature becomes 8000 ferenhite. for the people who said yes imagine that you were there.
    Thanks Rave_Grip

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

Couple things

Quote Originally Posted by rave dude
    i dont it was good becouse it killed innocent people. albert einstin gave his life asking goverment not to use it
    Um, what? Gave his life? As in died?

Quote Originally Posted by rave dude
    and president roosvet did. when it explodes the temperature becomes 8000 ferenhite. for the people who said yes imagine that you were there.
    President Roosevelt didn't drop the bomb, it was Truman. Doesn't make a difference, really, since Japan was an evil, conquereing, empire building power at the time. The Japanese rendered countless attrocities on the civillian populations of two nations during WWII. Just look at the numbers and see how many civillians were killed in China alone. It is ridiculous to say, "Oh, how horrible the A bomb was, what were we thinking?" in the face of what Japan was actively doing.

Newbie Hyper_Bunny may be famous one day Hyper_Bunny may be famous one day Hyper_Bunny's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think they should have used the atomic bomb. Esp., on all the innocent citizens. If it was actually just soldiers, it would have been fine.
    But so many children and innocent people lost their lives and they weren't doing anything wrong.
    And I've seen so many gruesome photo's of what happened and I just feel so horrible looking at them.

Avy & Sig made by me. If you want one, PM me!! Cause I love making them!!

Newbie Kuja101 may be famous one day Kuja101 may be famous one day Kuja101's Avatar
    Thanks

i think the atomic bomb should be illegal.....their cruel tinhs that shoudlnt be.,...in nagasaki the tihngs to bomb did to them was horrible,....and afte rit landed th eones that were directly under ti all that wa sleft of them was their shadows....seriously...their bodies were vapouries......and the children their are suffereing from bad diseases...atomic bombs arnt right.

Newbie Apolla92 may be famous one day Apolla92 may be famous one day Apolla92's Avatar
    Thanks

definitely bad. we were discussing this in class and America was not justified in dropping the bomb. first of all Japan was close to surrender and they were working for conditional surrender with one condition: to keep their emperor but America pushed for unconditional surrender. but it was all pointless because after they did surrender they let them keep their Emperor. Also many believe they did this to scare the soviet union and have them agree to their terms in Europe. The soviet union had announced to enter the war in Asia on August 9 and the Americans bomded Hiroshima on the 6 so it's not coincidently. also it brought the whole world into the nuclear age and the cold war. It killed many cilivians and they only did to scare another country.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast