View Poll Results: Was using the atomic bomb the right thing to do?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 37.21%
  • No

27 62.79%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Atomic Bomb: Good or Bad?

Newbie White Cloud may be famous one day White Cloud may be famous one day White Cloud's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Atomic Bomb: Good or Bad?

everything you just said was exactly the same as i was thinking apolla

and to kuja, as far as i've seen, the A-Bomb is "illegal" because if the US would use it, other countries would at this point have bombs to send back, causing a Nuclear War. Even trigger-happy america can see this.

Avy and sig by Hyper_Bunny

Newbie Kuja101 may be famous one day Kuja101 may be famous one day Kuja101's Avatar
    Thanks

yes but there is always that butten that the president can press ordereing a atomic missile to hit a place...

Newbie White Cloud may be famous one day White Cloud may be famous one day White Cloud's Avatar
    Thanks

yep, i am all too well aware of that. it's scary to think about, but that button gets pressed and humanity is essentially doomed at this point in time... the horror...

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think we will have to worry about anyone dropping atomic bombs anytime soon. If the President decides he wants to drop it then Congress will most likely veto it if any of them have any sense. And vice versa. Hopefully we don't have a group of blood-thirsty people in the U.S. Congress or a blood-thirsty President.
    Last edited by Priestess Angel; May 05, 2006 at 03:54 PM.

Thanks

or both at the same time... *shudder*...

Otaku Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, lets consider the circumstances in which the president might use the H-bomb. (the new A-bomb, many, many times as powerful as what hit hiroshima and nagasaki). On what condition would he make such a decision? We would have to be at war. Not the sort of war we're in right now, where the citizens are mixed right in with the soldiers, but an open war with another country. Modern politics just won't allow the president to make such a heinous decision unless there is absolutely no way around it. I don't think there will ever be another circumstance in which a soverign nation uses a nuclear weapon against another.
    Also, I realize that America is the only country to ever use Atomic weaponry offensively. I believe, though, that when we used the A-bomb, we showed the rest of the world (and ourselves, for that matter) just how horrible this technology was. In the decades since then, there has been no use of atomic weaponry on other people. I hate to be the devil's advocate in this, but I think that the use of the A-bomb wasn't entirely wasted. It gave a valuable lesson to humanity about the horrors of war, about the best and the worst that humanity has to offer the cosmos.

Thank you Sazuka for this awesome signature!

You're a louse, Roger Smith.

Newbie Leatoon may be famous one day Leatoon may be famous one day Leatoon's Avatar
    Thanks

Cant believe some people out there think it was a good thing!! We all live on this planet, the a-bome kills everything not just everyone..... US made a big mistake... Poeple is still suffering today from that war!!!!!!
    Don't try and avoid temptation, as you get older it will avoid you....

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah... a bad idea. Killing innocent people wasn't the best idea around.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast