+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aurora, Colorado Theater 9 Shooting

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Aurora, Colorado Theater 9 Shooting

Maybe I'm a bit late to call attention to this topic but there's been a fairly fresh surfacing of intelligence on the suspected murderous assailant, James Holmes. Anyways, for the bunch who are tardy to the understanding of the situation: During this past week, The Dark Knight Rises began showing in film cinemas throughout the country, a very highly anticipated event this year, perhaps that fact itself could have been a highlight for 2012 if not for the shroud of the permanent sharpie ink to soon cloak it.

Anyways, showing began, I believe, at midnight and lines were reaching from one movie complex to the next. I'll try to keep this as brief as possible, I'm merging into a lane of story-telling, forgive me. In Aurora, Colorado the theaters were packed for the premium engagement of the particularly mentioned film. Apparently during a scene involving heavy gunfire and militaristic fighting a gunman had burst through the exit door, tossing smoke screen canisters onto the floor and creating a thick and confusing smoke within the theater. Shots from an assault rifle, a handgun, and a shotgun were fired into the crowd at complete random. The shooting persisted for a period of time. The end result emerged a casualty count of 14 killed and 58 injured, some in minor and critical condition. The youngest amongst the victims was a 6-year old girl.

The motives of the gunman aren't confirmed but only speculated. The most pressured issue at the moment now is stricter gun control. Both presidential campaigns have steered away from regular policy topics and have expressed their own individual thoughts on firearms and how easily accessible they've become for even the average teenager in school. President Obama mentioned strongly that "an AK47 should only being placed in the hands of soldiers", though our military doesn't encourage the practice of that weapon, his point is no less regarded with the notion of guns and the limits of the second amendment.

This thread can house any thoughts on the shooting specifically or gun control in the United States. Apparently the acquisition of a high-powered rosco depends on how much a 14-year old boy needs to save his allowance.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Aurora, Colorado Theater 9 Shooting

I think we could live without guns, and just make the non-lethal weapons available for protection purposes. I'm sure hunters and stuff would have a problem with this though.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Aurora, Colorado Theater 9 Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    I think we could live without guns, and just make the non-lethal weapons available for protection purposes. I'm sure hunters and stuff would have a problem with this though.
    Have hunters take courses in proper usage of poison-tipped darts.

+ Reply to Thread