+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Baby Talk - Helping Or Hindering?

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Baby Talk - Helping Or Hindering?

in the beging of life of a baby, a baby cannot undestand what you are saying (i'm saying this from experience) but what it can understand is tone and volume talk to a baby in a calm sweet voice and it will calm down. yell and be agressive in your speech and the baby will cry. be happy and positive in your speech and the baby will laugh. they can understand words as much as a monkey can. actually a baby and a monkey develop the same until roughly 6 years of age where the human completely overpasses the monkey. i don't think that talking baby talk to a BABY is a big deal.
    every rose has a thorn

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blakjapaneseangl View Post
    to me males do it because it makes the baby laugh. i believe females do it for the same reason but the females i know only did baby talk until the baby was 3 months old and they told everyone else to stop it to. because they wanted the baby to understand in better terms.
    well that is true, when you do speak baby language they do laugh and its cute to see them laugh. Of course you can still talk in the same tone and the baby will just about understand. I don't think baby talk should be used all the time as really your only saying goo goo ga ga or something like that. Its just them trying to imitate what your saying so saying what they are saying will confuse them if done too much.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally I believe that if you want a child to speak properly you should speak to them properly from the beginning, instead of trying to be cute when they are young. When I was learning how to talk my father talked to me like he talked to everyone else. In complete sentences, with real words. I have a stronger vocabulary because of that. Or so I believe.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3