+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bamn Walks Out In Detroit

Otaku LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Bamn Walks Out In Detroit

well yesterday the students of detroit public highschools held a city wide Walk out i was amoung almost 700 highschool students that "waked out" now the purpose was for affirmative action, MORE budget cuts and uniforms. the origanization BAMN-by any means nessacery help us out. now i have a 5 day suspension for "peaceful protest" whe i saw 4th and 5th graders get maced police brutality against 15 and 16 year old and we are in the wrong. as some people may know michigan has affirmative action, and i was wondering what is your oppion on the situation? what would you have done? were we in the wrong? should we challange the suspension?
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bamn Walks Out In Detroit

Im a little unclear on some stuff. What exactly was the school doing that made you protest?

Otaku LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound's Avatar
    Thanks

well we already have NO FUNDING adn they are cuting budgets again, then we have a unform that constist of PANTS AND A longsleeved shits and the pants must be BLACK even when its 70+ degrees outside then they are closing over 50 schools and affimative action. does that help?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I think i would have protested too, glad i don't live there. Wouldn't want my kids to go there. If there closing all those schools, the one still open must be crowded as hell. Uniforms are ok, but they must be adapted for hot weather. As for affirmative action, i don't believe in that. I think ppl should be hired for they're qualifications, not their skin color. Reverse racism at its best.

Thanks

Right and the worst part is if i hadnt covered my face i would have been maced i feel bad for those little kids that i was trying to help and they got maced plus 5 big burly police officers jumep on 1 boy that was protesting

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't be in that school, it's too hot to start wearing black and lon sleeve shirts, I don't understand why schools are acting like this, but I do know I would protest too, even though i don't like the brutal punish of the police lol.

Thanks

exactly thts how i feel but ignorant people calling me dumb

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

So you did a peaceful protest and got the crap beat out of you? Thinking that is a good case to sue. Of course if none of you backed down when the police arrived and said that you are becomming a disruption to the public, than you kinda were suppose to be ready for the mace and clubs.

I am not one to point fingers, but I have met quite a few people from the D and have never known a single one to back down from what they believe in. Usually someone, somewhere, throws a punch now and again and that is more than enough reason to piss people off.

Detroit isn't exactly known for hospitality and outstanding citizenship; and from what I understand, Detroit has been named 1 of the most dangerous cities in America a few times. It shouldn't be expected that more than a few people got itchy trigger fingers or are overly protective. No offense.

Affirmative Action? People vote on issues like that, no one is stripping that away unless the majority feel it is hindering in some way. Not surprised that quite a few people wanted it gone, too many abused and used that as an excuse to tear away at the economy.

Considering your clothes, it sucks that they are black. I thought you are suppose to get a greenlight on protests anyways? From what you are saying, no one recieved that, so disruption is suppose to happen there.

Hmm, Michigan's economy sucks. Considering closing down schools and such, you match attendance policy with overall grades to determine whether or not a drastic measure such as that should be made. Oh man, been a few months since I have checked up on the place, umm..didn't the state take over? Or did they give control back? Eh, anyways, it is a lose lose almost in either situation. The government doesn't look the other way or give lenience, and if things are handed to people who can't do their job right, well that is what happens.

So I guess that can suggest what I think about the whole budget thing.

The clothes, eh..seems viewers want to see proper dress and clean looks. If the color was that horrible, I am sure a few thousand notes to change it could probably pursuade someone to switch over to white or something. Of course the walkout probably didn't help your case though. Sucks for the color man, probably thinking it through would have been a little better. Can't help it if united we stand falls short and more than a few become martyres.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast