+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Beautiful/V.S/Ugly

Otaku Othello may be famous one day Othello may be famous one day Othello's Avatar
    Between the reaches of ones heart, mind and soul...where only a small light lingers.
    Thanks

Beautiful/V.S/Ugly

Here's another thing i have been thinking about.... Beautiful people and the people that are "not beautiful" by societys standards. Do they really Get treated differently? should they be treated differently? I don't believe so....
    How many people can admit to being either one of the "beautiful" people who have shunned the "under-standard looking" people. And who can admit to being the "not-so-beautiful" person being picked on by the "beautiful" people. Why do people treat those in "lacking" differently then those who are so called beautiful.
    Your thoughts please.------------------

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Beautiful/V.S/Ugly

Hmm, it's very difficult to define beauty.
    Some say it's all on the inside and that's possibly the only way you can call someone beautiful based on your own opinion.

Exterior beauty is too influenced by today's fashion standards.
    Even inner beauty is influenced by it but not as much.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

"Beauty is in the eye of the be-holder" ( or something like that anyway)

like Hassun said how can you define beautiful, really it's a persons opinion or what people constantly see in the media - like the extremely tall thin models and some actors/actresses. Everyone should be treated equally regardless of how they look.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that people who don't look as good as others are treated differently, though it can depend greatly on when and were. It can also depend on what form of "beauty" you are talking about, for instance if someone has bad oral hygeine or doesn't care to keep themselves clean by taking a shower atleast once a day it's their problem that they get harrased or treated differently. Whereas if someone just naturaly looks like they do and they get harrased for it that is wrong. I've treated people differently based on their looks but only if it's by there choice that they look that way, if it's something they can't help then no one has the right to prosecute them for it or treat them differently.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; Jun 01, 2006 at 01:42 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    Hmm, it's very difficult to define beauty.
    Some say it's all on the inside and that's possibly the only way you can call someone beautiful based on your own opinion.

Exterior beauty is too influenced by today's fashion standards.
    Even inner beauty is influenced by it but not as much.
    Not for me. Pretty Exterior beauty to me, comes in the forum of natural beauty. Not by what shes got on.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Not for me. Pretty Exterior beauty to me, comes in the forum of natural beauty. Not by what shes got on.
    It that so? What if you were walking down the street, and as you suddenly turn around, you see this gorgeous figure, wearing this ever so flamboyant, springtime outfit, running in direction opposite to you, where you only catch a glimpse of her nose, faced covered with the most beautiful (*) custom-designed headscarf, would you not lose your appetite at that very instant, and run after her? Hahaha! ^_^

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    It that so? What if you were walking down the street, and as you suddenly turn around, you see this gorgeous figure, wearing this ever so flamboyant, springtime outfit, running in direction opposite to you, where you only catch a glimpse of her nose, faced covered with the most beautiful (*) custom-designed headscarf, would you not lose your appetite at that very instant, and run after her? Hahaha! ^_^
    No i wouldnt, because her face could look like godzilla's.

Otaku Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me's Avatar
    Thanks

If you mean physical beauty then yes, beautiful people are treated differently.

Say, if you saw a 'beautiful' person walking down the street, you may honk your horn XD but if an ugly person went by, you would just ignore them.

Thats one difference, another is if an 'ugly' person asked a 'beautiful' person out, they would most proberly get rejected becuase the 'beuatiful' person thinks that they can do better.

Now that's just wrong. You shouldn't judge a person on there appearence, its there personality that matters. ^^

Some 'beautiful' people think its alright to treat 'ugly' people differently, like bullying them. That is also wrong.

I have a friend who is slightly obese, she gets picked on by 'beautiful' people even though she is one of the most sweetest and kindest people I know.

So to me, the people with a horrible personality are the 'ugly' ones.

The nice people, the people who you actually want to spend your time with, they are truely the 'beautiful' ones.

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

wow! My longest post ever! ^^

TY Sasurai for the lovely sig!*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast