+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Behavioral changes

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Behavioral changes

Well over the past week I have been contemplating this (well for now its a theory) theory. I want everyone to leave there comments because its open for discussion.

Well after some extensive research from personal experience and from those around me I have come to the conclusion that people never change. But the situations that people go through cause them to react to the situation differently. This reaction may seem like a change in personality and behavior but its just a reaction to a stiuation. If the person was put in the original situation they would return to their original state of mind.

An example of this would be a normal couple such as a husband and wife. The husband has a drinking problem and hits his wife. This behavior continues for a period of time. Finally the wife decides to leave her husband. The husband doesn't want to to loose his wife so he looks for help. A few months later the husband quits drinking altogether.

Now this is a generic scenario but here we can see a few things. First something had to have happened to the husband in order for him to even have that kind of behavior whether he was exposed to it, was a victim of it, or was raised in a way that taught this was correct. Another thing is the wife decided to leave him and he decided to get help. The situation brought about the reaction of the husband seeking help. If she did not try to leave he would hav never stopped with that behavior.

In conclusion, people don't change. Only their reactions to certain situations. Anyone given a certain situation will react differently from their normal mind set but it is not a permanent change.

(There is plenty more I just left some stuff out for disscusion sake.)

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Behavioral changes

Hmmm wow this a realy thought prvoking topic.
    I would have to say that you r right but also people can change it depends on wether or not they will alow change to happen.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Newbie Skurei may be famous one day Skurei may be famous one day
    Thanks

People change all the time, no adult has the same personality that they were when they were a child, they have the same memories and can remember the emotions that they felt, but when anyone reaches puberty it's a fact that the structure of their brain changes. Also, it's proven that people practicing Buddhism have a different brain structure that they did before they practiced, so they don't think the same that they used to. Aside from changing brain structure and personality, you would have to look into psychiatry, which can also change how a person thinks if done extensive enough. What you're talking about isn't more than just behavior problems of the current personality; man drinks, wife threatens to leave, man stops drinking just like the rat wants cheese, rat gets shocked when eating cheese, rat doesn't eat cheese anymore. A better example you could have used would have been something dealing with emotions, a drinking roblem is more of a physical problem as the man's body and physical mind gets addicted.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

ah but you have further proven my point...

in order for these changes to occur they were in different situations from their original. when you grow up you go through different things and make you act in different ways. if you never went through it you never change. A person who is treated as a child and is sheltered from the outside world will still think and act like a child. its ture brain structures may change but that doesnt occur without something to react to. so if that situation never happened there will be no changes.

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

well My father and my sister are both doctors and I already talked wit 'em about somethin' like this and they said that by scientists research, human being it able to learn thing til a certain time...for exemple we have right time or a limeted time to learn walk by ourseves (whn we are baby ) but someone must teach us or we have to see someone to try it, the samethin' happen wit "the talk "...the point is when we are adults the brain stard "to die" (well its like a slow death) or hw they called "locked file" the brain's part where has the infomation that u adquired its like locked( whtever u did learn, like senses, feelings, or anoter thing) so it will hard to forget...so its hard to someone change...like u said "Only their reactions to certain situations"...yeah they just try like reverse their thought for they sake ....but they dont change!!

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

its true that if you are in your normal state of mind and when something that needs you to react differently that what you would normally be, you like adapt to that problem nad then if it isnt neccesary anymore you back to normal, but that reaction is one reaction in like hundreds you can make, so when it first happens you first like think about it right?.... but the reaction you had like stays in your mind/subconsient so that if a situation like the one that first brought this raction happens again in the future will bring the same reaction.... so what it basically is... experiencing and storaging data... which is basically growing, in a way maturing if you whant... but there is a change... cuz you are had a reaction you didnt have in the past... which is sort of a change if you think about it
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Most will force change, if they are put in a certain situation. Like with the wife and husband, not everyone though. I know some people who I though would change after certain experiance, but what I hear and see, they haven't, they still think the same and it's sad, there going to go through life not realising what they are doing to ppl.

I guess it depends on how stubborn a person is. If there willing to make a change its good like the husband was, but not everyone has the power or the brains to realise that change is a good thing

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

If I can change and u can change then everybody can change

Sylvester Stallone - Rocky 4

So yeah that might be a type of defence meganism that we have or like they say learned from example.
    U know even if u are able to change and all that, is it a good change or is it bad does the situation dictates the change or the person or the experience.??????

There is so many ifs and whens and whats in this topic it is just so elaborate don't u think it cannot be defined by one small answer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast