+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Is being spoilt wrong?

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is being spoilt wrong?

well... i dunno about being spoiled...

i know about being sheltered, but not spoiled...

my parents showed me "love" by putting me in a box so "nothing could hurt me"...

i's prefer the children were not spoiled... or sheltered... simply becuz it makes things easier on teachers and fellow students... and especially on the child...

becuz i would never want to see our child... coming home crying... becuz kids were mean to him... it would just...

it hurts... for everyone... and i would rather that... our child becomes who they are as painlessly as possible...

^_^ but... it's not my life... it's our child's... ^_~* but i can help shape it!

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree. Being spoiled is useless and it doesn't get you anuwhere. If you enter the real world and don't make an effort to behave yourself, I don't think anyone is going to even bother being with you.
    So behave while you still can XD

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I think there should be a good balance. I think you need to be shown love and affection but I also think that everyone needs a taste of hard work before they go out into the real world. My dad has made me work since I could walk so I definitely understand how it feels when someone has had just a really hard day at work. My mom and my dad have also been kind to me and given me things and that makes me grateful. In return for their love, I just want to be a good kid and make them proud.

Mind you though I don't think buying stuff for your children to show your love is a good thing.
    Last edited by Priestess Angel; Mar 23, 2006 at 09:32 AM.

Elie Jelly elie26 may be famous one day elie26 may be famous one day elie26's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip
    I agree. Being spoiled is useless and it doesn't get you anuwhere. If you enter the real world and don't make an effort to behave yourself, I don't think anyone is going to even bother being with you.
    So behave while you still can XD
    yup...no point being spoiled
    and giving u everything tat u want doesnt mean LOVE
    u can't buy love, u can't use money or materialistic things to express ur love

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes it is.Being spoilt can ruin you

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

being spoiled by your parents can be both good and bad. you'll know straight away when it's bad, because the one who's spoiled usually ends up as a stuck up snob who couldn't care less for those in need.

but there are those who are spoiled by their parents, but still turn out decent. i guess my friend would be a great example. his parents are rich, and truth be told... i'm envious of him. he gets pretty much everything he wants, but he never asks for most of them. his parents just give it to him. but him being the only child has caused his parents to love him more i guess, which is understandable. he's a really decent guy though, and he's neither selfish nor arrogant.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi
    well... i dunno about being spoiled...

i know about being sheltered, but not spoiled...

my parents showed me "love" by putting me in a box so "nothing could hurt me"...

i's prefer the children were not spoiled... or sheltered... simply becuz it makes things easier on teachers and fellow students... and especially on the child...

becuz i would never want to see our child... coming home crying... becuz kids were mean to him... it would just...

it hurts... for everyone... and i would rather that... our child becomes who they are as painlessly as possible...

^_^ but... it's not my life... it's our child's... ^_~* but i can help shape it!

<_< Spoiled children only cry to their parents for the first 2 weeks...
    If the parents show a lack of care after the first 2 weeks, the children close themselves up and become emotionally scarred... becoming socially-inadequate for the world itself.

However, if the parents have given love throughout the 2 weeks... well, it depends what "love" these parents gave. The child may continue to be spoiled, or may actually learn to understand.

o_o My mom was depressed during those 2 weeks... so... she ended up reacting badly towards me... so.... well....... I sorta' turned into an emo rather early! XD

<_< ... I agree with you that children shouldn't be sheltered... but wait... that's just because I wasn't "sheltered" properly (how could my mom keep an eye on me if I was EVERYWHERE? ) ....

o_o You might be against being spoiled... but that's because you weren't one. ^_^;;

...... I'm sorry people... it's just... when you all say it's bad to be spoiled....
    I mean, I know that was the PAST me... it's just... it's as if my past shouldn't exist... so it sorta' hurts when you all say that it's wrong for children to be spoiled........... my parents loved me... and that meant a lot to me... especially now that I understand that.

Newbie hypnotikboy may be famous one day hypnotikboy may be famous one day
    Thanks

yeah, being spoiled is wrong. a person being spoiled might not know how to deal with resposiblities in the future

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast