+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Is being spoilt wrong?

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is being spoilt wrong?

it has two sides to it. A good side, coz u're showing ur affections for tht loved one.

But it turns them into dependent ppl on u. Thus, they become use to getting their own way. They become snobbish and unpleasant. So spoilt has two sides to it. It's how u show ur affections to tht loved tht counts.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Newbie Aezur may be famous one day Aezur may be famous one day Aezur's Avatar
    Thanks

i was never paticularly spoilt but i did come from a well to do family and got some opurtunities others didnt. Recently however, my whole world fell apart (we wont go into that) and i no longer live with my family. I am finding it very difficult. Ive been on my own for about a month now and money is very hard come by. If i decide to goto the movies one night then i wont be eating for one day. It takes some getting used to.

Perhaps if my parents had been more sparing with money then i would not be used to living so lavishly and would be coping much better now.

Motion: Kids being spoilt, good or bad?

Verdict:

Judge me all you want, Just don't tell me the verdict.

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not sure if it's wrong, per say, but it's definitely ***king irritating.

Keep eating so many dogs and you're bound to be Communist

Otaku karinka may be famous one day karinka may be famous one day karinka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro
    Well it is wrong because when the kid that has been spoiled goes out to the real world it will be hard for he/she to face reality.
    I agree. I'm lucky my parents don't spoil me

Newbie therebel may be famous one day therebel may be famous one day therebel's Avatar
    Thanks

If you ask me, there is a fine line between spoiling, and indulgant. If you spoil the child then you're looking at having a brat in later life. It all depends on the parents. If they use it as an incentive for reaching goals, that usually turns out okay. But bribing the kid to just stop whining is wrong.
    I was kinda spoiled as a child until a sudden and shocking change happened in the family. My father died, and I became the bread winner of the family. I learned at a decent age about being responsible with money.

Otaku sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto's Avatar
    Thanks

when parents love their child so much, there is a great tendency that that will happen... because they don't want the child to be hurt or so... but there's a great difference between loving and spoiling the kid... you can always love without spoiling your child, right....

They say you can't use oversized signatures here on AO.

Newbie therebel may be famous one day therebel may be famous one day therebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Spoiling a child also depends on the family's income. The more money one has, the more likely they will over indulge their children. In my opinion, it's less likely that a child from a lower income family will become spoiled compared to a well off family. It seems just about all rich kids are spoiled to some degree.

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

If it is once in a while it's ok but if a child is grown up being spoilt they get a bad deminer and believe they can get anything they desire abd become bad role models

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast