+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: Is being spoilt wrong?

Otaku Eiden may be famous one day Eiden may be famous one day Eiden's Avatar
    Destiny.. well somewhere along those lines
    Thanks

Re: Is being spoilt wrong?

i have never been spoiled, i am eternaly grateful if my parents buy me a bok or a soda, i work for what i got, it makes me harworking and if someone is spoiled then they will never succede in life w/o money behind there backs.

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheza

well not really. I've always been spoiled to the point of getting what I want but I still have a limit. In my opinion it helps cuz it makes you dominative. It just shows other people who's the boss.
    Ha! Being spoiled does not make one dominiative, it makes one whiney. Spoiled children (who then grow into spoiled adults) don't know how to bargain, they don't know how to work an angle, all they know how to do is demand and get angry if they don't get what they want. When I get a customer in my store that treats me thus, I make especially sure they don't get what they want. My favorite customers, in fact, are the ones that don't understand the meaning of "no", at which point I get to crush them by saying it repeatedly. You are not the boss, and if you ever get anything out of being demanding without anything behind it, it'll only be so they can get you out of their hair. In short, you're annoying.

Life, and especially other people in life, aren't going to just give you what you want because you'll throw a hissy fit otherwise. When you're late on your rent, your landlord isn't going to give you an extension just because you want one. An employing manager isn't just going to give you a job because you want it. Your professors in school aren't going to raise your grade in a class because you're talking their ear off.

Being spoiled as a child is not the childs fault, though. It's an issue of parenting. When you reach adulthood, however, you seriously need to wise up or no one will take you seriously.

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, everyone wrote so much on this thread, i'll keep it short and simple.

I'm the only child.
    I was NOT given everything I wanted.
    I've been working my ass off for stuff since 15 1/2.
    In the US, if u're the only child, u're labeled, "spoiled".
    BS.
    Answer to question: Spoiling your kids cripple their ability to function later on pass their adolescence.
    Peace out!

o~Piggy-san~o

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

But even if you're the only child, it does not make you spoiled ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8