+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beliefs

Newbie Sabishii is off to a good start Sabishii's Avatar
    Thanks

Beliefs

What are your beliefs, spiritually, and why do you believe them? I personally, am athiest. I've had family members and friends ask me why I am, and I've always said the same thing- "There's no proof otherwise." I go by the idea of "I have to see it to believe it." My father is athiest, my mother is Christian, and my brother is agnostic. My grandmother is Baptist, and my other grandparents are Jewish. I think my family has a nice range of religion going on... What about yours? This is a topic that's probably been mentioned before, but I just don't feel like looking for it, and it's probably been inactive for a long time. >x<;

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Beliefs

I consider myself a Polytheist, someone that believes in multiple deities. I have faith the lord Jesus Christ, and in the Gautama Buddha or you could say I believe in Christianity and Buddhism. I think they are two great religions and I have strong faith in both of them. Some would think that it is wrong to believe in more than one faith but it's my and many others prerogative. I believe in Christianity because I was brought up that way, and Buddhism because it offers peace and enlightenment.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Anarchy View Post
    I consider myself a Polytheist, someone that believes in multiple deities. I have faith the lord Jesus Christ, and in the Gautama Buddha or you could say I believe in Christianity and Buddhism. I think they are two great religions and I have strong faith in both of them. Some would think that it is wrong to believe in more than one faith but it's my and many others prerogative. I believe in Christianity because I was brought up that way, and Buddhism because it offers peace and enlightenment.
    I don't think it's wrong at all to believe in more than one religion. Origionally the whole purpose of it was to have an explaination as to why life exists. I don't think it matters if someone thinks their are different possibilities. And I also have a friend who believes in Christianity/Buddhism- She has the same reasons as you do. And yes, they are two great religions.

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sabishii View Post
    I don't think it's wrong at all to believe in more than one religion. Origionally the whole purpose of it was to have an explaination as to why life exists. I don't think it matters if someone thinks their are different possibilities. And I also have a friend who believes in Christianity/Buddhism- She has the same reasons as you do. And yes, they are two great religions.
    Ah, well thank you. I think religion is tossed around to much though, I mean people are actually arguing on what views are best. People are always going to have different views and opinions that is what makes us unique. If everyone was the same and thought the same, it would be a boring world.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Anarchy View Post
    Ah, well thank you. I think religion is tossed around to much though, I mean people are actually arguing on what views are best. People are always going to have different views and opinions that is what makes us unique. If everyone was the same and thought the same, it would be a boring world.
    That's true. But that's where things get difficult. It's impossible to have a peaceful world when people have different thoughts on things. Yet everyone wants world peace. (Ok, well not everyone... Just the majority.) I'm just expecting another Crusade, or WWIII. Most wars that I can think of (At least the big ones) Stem from a difference in opinion, not just the want to expand so and so's land.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I see nothing wrong with spiritual beliefs at all. it is when people think that gives them a right to commit acts of violence that I get turned off. As for see it to believe it. Well there is a lot of stuff I cannot see but believe in. I can't see oxygen but a lack of it will kill me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    I see nothing wrong with spiritual beliefs at all. it is when people think that gives them a right to commit acts of violence that I get turned off. As for see it to believe it. Well there is a lot of stuff I cannot see but believe in. I can't see oxygen but a lack of it will kill me.
    True true. Lol, But in my case a lack of religion doesn't kill me, so Imma stick with what I got. And yes, I really do hate it when people think they have the right to kill over beliefs. That includes athiests alike. It's just wrong and sick.

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

My family consists mostly of atheists ... mother, father, brother, all of them are.
    I'm agnostic I guess. Maybe there is something out there, I'd like to believe that. The world just seems sadly brutal and random without such a protective, comforting thought. It's just there's no proof whatsoever.
    An agnostic is an atheist without balls, they say. Well, it's all just too confusing and dubious, it's hard for me to either believe in one thing or the other.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lapislazuli For This Useful Post:

Sabishii (Aug 15, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast