+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beliefs

Newbie Sabishii is off to a good start Sabishii's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Beliefs

Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    My family consists mostly of atheists ... mother, father, brother, all of them are.
    I'm agnostic I guess. Maybe there is something out there, I'd like to believe that. The world just seems sadly brutal and random without such a protective, comforting thought. It's just there's no proof whatsoever.
    An agnostic is an atheist without balls, they say. Well, it's all just too confusing and dubious, it's hard for me to either believe in one thing or the other.
    I'd say it's the opposite actually. Agnostics are athiest with balls, lol. You're willing to seek another option, whereas we're stuck in the same old loop of non-believing. >x<;

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sabishii View Post
    I'd say it's the opposite actually. Agnostics are athiest with balls, lol. You're willing to seek another option, whereas we're stuck in the same old loop of non-believing. >x<;
    I don't know. Atheists completely deny the excistence of god or any other higher being for that matter. Therefore, they don't believe in the idea of a life after death. So they basically live with the "harsh reality", as they see it, and cope with it. As I would fear this reality, I cling to the hope of a beautiful afterlife to console myself. That's why I'm missing the balls.
    And I guess this must be why they say agnostics are atheists without balls.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Newbie Sabishii is off to a good start Sabishii's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know. Atheists completely deny the excistence of god or any other higher being for that matter. Therefore, they don't believe in the idea of a life after death. So they basically live with the "harsh reality", as they see it, and cope with it. As I would fear this reality, I cling to the hope of a beautiful afterlife to console myself. That's why I'm missing the balls.
    And I guess this must be why they say agnostics are atheists without balls.
    Well I'm just gonna go ahead and admit I'm suicidal. >_<
    I would definatley say that most athiests don't cope very well; thinking-"What's the point?" Just like they think that there's no life in death, a lot of them wonder why they should bother struggling to live- Like I do. Lol, so compared to me, you got balls.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

If I had to classify myself, I would say am Agnostic. I really can't say one way or another if there is a higher power or not. I'm not going to live my life based upon a religion, thats for sure. I'm an open minded person, I have been to church before because I was supporting the people that do believe. Even though I like to stay open minded, I really don't believe. Every time I come across someone super religious I always giggle in my mind at them, just because I feel that they might be missing out on life because of their faith.

As far as religion goes in my family, we havn't really discussed it. The only thing I know is that after my Grandpa found out he was dying, he started to go to church and pray. He told me that he was praying for me, and I'm not too sure why. And well you couldn't drag my Grandma to church, you think she would go just to make her dying husband happy. But no, she is indeed a horrible person. I told my Grandpa that I hope for him that there is a happy afterlife, even though I really don't think there is.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

What are your beliefs, spiritually, and why do you believe them?
    I'm a deist. Like many people I come from a family or am a product of people that represent any of the three major denominations (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam). As I got older my feelings on God changed (a lot) over a wide range of time and finally this is where I am. . . . as of a lot of years.

Deism is the belief in a god (or gods) that does exist but has no control over the world we live in. That's it in a nut shell without too much history or origins of the practice. Deists believe in a higher being but refute ALL books/literature/prophocies/prophets where in those instances God reveals himself to us lowly humans. (For me this last part really strikes a chord because I swear all those people from those biblical times especially that Virgin Mary were all either schizophrenics or the butt of very vicious pranks.)

Deism works out well for me because like I said before, I do believe in the existence of god (or gods) but for as long as I could remember my view or opinion of god never coincided witht hat of any denomination. Or if it did, leaders of the denominations or certain sects completely misconstrued God in such a way that god became a symbol or a belief that was acted only in the interest of one particular person(s).

I also like this belief because it gives me security in knowing that my visions of god are a projection of my own thoughts and beliefs that cannot and will not be tainted by whatever else happens in the world.

Hmmm.. . . . I think that sums up everything quite nicely. . .

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I myself am a christian but I don't like how much hypocricy I see in the christian religions. To many people saying one thing and doing another.

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

... and my brother is agnostic...
    Your brother and I have something in common then.

My family consists mostly of atheists ... mother, father, brother, all of them are.
    I'm agnostic I guess. Maybe there is something out there, I'd like to believe that. The world just seems sadly brutal and random without such a protective, comforting thought. It's just there's no proof whatsoever.
    An agnostic is an atheist without balls, they say. Well, it's all just too confusing and dubious, it's hard for me to either believe in one thing or the other.
    I completely agree with you on that one. I'd very much like to believe that there is someone out there watching over us. However, ask me to commit and I'd rather say that that someone doesn't exist. I feel that I've read this all and typed this all before. Probably have, with that sense of deja vu.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mystical shadow angel For This Useful Post:

!beast (Aug 17, 2009)

Newbie Lelouch vi Britannia is off to a good start Lelouch vi Britannia's Avatar
    Thanks

My family is Christians and i know theres other religons mixed up in there somewhere but its not like i really care that much and. i considere myself an christian and thats what i was brought up to believe like most people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast