+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bias in PSA's

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bias in PSA's

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    PSA's often convince people these lifestyles are no good,
    but how can these people be so sure without any prior knowledge or experiance?
    It's called statistical evidence. You don't have to put your hand in the fire to find out you'll get burned when you can visit a burn ward. You don't have to engage in drugs, alcohol, or premarital sex to find out what can happen when there are so many examples already.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Are PSA's completely credible and unbiased,
    or is it likely they maybe stretching the "TRUTH"
    a bit?
    In my experience when I look into the actual numbers and research done on all of the above I have found the dangers publicized to be understated rather then stretched.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Speaking as a person who smokes Cannabis, You're wrong on all fronts.
    1. I almost totaled my car while driving stoned
    2. It is Addicitive. You still get "fits" like smokers do, you also get irritable when you start to withdraw from it.
    3. THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol - the Active ingrediant in Pot that makes you stoned) can kill you in large doses, luckily the dose is extreamly high. But then again, absolutly anything in a large enough dose, including water, can kill you. Thats why Gluttony is one of the 7 deadly sins.

Even if used responsably, drink it long enough and it will eventually kill you by slowly eating away at you liver.

Har har.
    Ok im really glad you said that becuase i wasnt sure if we could discuss our drug usage here.

But im a stoner as well, and yea i drive high half the time.
    And all my freinds tell me im a safer driver when im high actually lol.
    Ive never came anywhere near crashing my car, or anything careless like that. Not even after smoking chronic.

And to be honest, you can get addicted to ANYTHING.
    Food for instance.

And im glad you said the whole gluttony thing.

Alot of things will kill you if you take them long enough.
    Prescriptions, foods, etc.

Like hispanics are said to be more at risk for cancer becuase of the diet they enjoy with foods such as tortillas, frijoles, and all kinds of junk they indulge in.

Effects of cannabis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At this link it discusses how cannabis does affect your driving, it points out all the negative setbacks, but overall concludes that most accidents that people tested positive for cannabis, were under the influence of alcohol.
    So cannabis alone doesnt amount anywhere close to the number of crashes caused by alcohol.

(You can check the links on the page to see for the official studies.)
    Yay-yea?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

And all my friends tell me im a safer driver when im high actually lol.
    Man, then id like to see how you drive when you ain't high, woah!!! Did Mr. Magoo issue you your drivers license?

I don't think you should have admitted that. lol Watch out here comes that dam driver rook....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2