Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Black is Black not african american

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Black is Black not african american

Well... yes, black is black is black... but some people are cream puffs... Even some black people, who would jump at any chance to draw the race card...

becuz for some black=boy=ni***=slave="we're better than you cuz we have less melonin and that pisses us off"-Joe White....

so that's why it's not as simple as Black and White (ha... funny) becuz people don't like it to be that simple...

^_^

Otaku Spooked_Ninja may be famous one day Spooked_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Black is Black not african american

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_G135
    This is a good subject to debate on... it's just hard to jump into it... perhaps if people had questions to go by we could expand the discussion.

I.e. Do you use the term 'African American'? Why or Why Not?

What term do you usually use when referring to black people?

What do you call black people from other countries from America?

Or something. I myself don't use 'African American', but I don't get angry when someone does..I mean, although it's not as politically correct as maybe 'Asian American' or 'Hispanic American', it's understood as a politer way of saying simply 'black people (from the US)' - especially by the older crowd. My last year English teacher who was in her 60s, was astounded when she asked the class about this and most people said they use 'black'. She was also amazed that people take offence to 'African American'.

What I don't like is the term "blacks". Like "whites", "asians", "hispanics", etc, it sounds like you're grouping people together like you would books or socks or something.. I dunno ^^;

Point well taken, lol

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

@thread starter

Aya-kun thankfully pointed this out already: way to copy/paste maddox, you fag. You didn't even credit him you prick, no one cares, stfu. Coming from you means nothing. So the term is politically flawed, big deal! the term "african american" is pretty mild when compared to telling someone your part german which automatically pops up in their head as NAZI!! You didn't even introduce the debate, you just threw this out here and waited for the shit to hit the fan. Kudos to you!! [endrant/sarcasm]

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_G135
    Not to be nitpicky, but you'd have to use other methods than skin color if you're trying to point out a rather light person in a group of white people ^.^; But I understand you wholeheartedly - we're finding fault in nearly everything these days =.-

I feel bad for mixed people though. Society is always making them choose which side they're on, or just group them to the side they most look like. u-u
    I am half sicilian and mexican. And i know what it feels like. When your with one side of your family. You never feel like you belong, because your too dark and then when your with the other side....you can't speak spanish or your just not one of them because your not all mexican.

And i dont care what you people say. Your always going to use skin color to differentiate from each other. Its not bad either. Why would you not want to be who you are? I dont find what i am offensive, so i dont think saying what i am should make anyone uncomfortable.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Otaku moongoddess may be famous one day moongoddess may be famous one day moongoddess's Avatar
    Thanks

ummmm, no offense but this topic is stupid. im 100% black and being called an african american is no offense. being called a hoodrat,chickenhead, bi***, and a nig** is offensive. TRY IT AND YOU WILL SUFFER!
    FIGHTING EVIL BY MOONLIGHT!
    WINNING LOVE BY DAYLIGHT
    NEVER RUNNING FROM A REAL FIGHT,
    SHES THE ONE NAMED SAILORMOON

Otaku Spooked_Ninja may be famous one day Spooked_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Black is Black not african american

I just think that it's funny and me don't really care cause it don't bother me.

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Hahaha, why does it matter if anyone calls me black, or African American? I could give a foot-long shit about that. It's all about the tone in which the term is relayed, to me at least.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you know what you call a black/mexican mix? A Blaxican.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast