+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: the blind driving?

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: the blind driving?

So what? The thing that are going to be done in the future have to be thought out now. If not then we will stagnate......And that isn't the way of the Human!
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

wow my thread is quite a debate. and tsabimis educating us. again.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Newbie Casben may be famous one day Casben may be famous one day Casben's Avatar
    Thanks

OKay, now we let a blind guy drive on the roads today because tomorrow we think he might be able to 'see'(I mean be aware of his/her surroundings by knowing if the traffic is heavy or whatever), so to speak, due to modern tech. Now he goes on the road before we have this tech. cause we let im. He can't see without tech. cause it doesn't exist yet so he runs over someone and drives over a cliff. You nseeing my point? I've read your comment below and am sorry about that.
    Last edited by Casben; Jul 28, 2006 at 01:25 PM.

Otaku Silenced_Shadow may be famous one day Silenced_Shadow's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusDemon23
    Lol Lol Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hah ha lol you liked that one eh?

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah!! Who said anything about that? I'm only giving out suggestions.........You mad cause there is different P.O.V.s? Of course you don't put a blind man behind a wheel!! You only do it if you experiment with the tech accommidations........You misunderstood me Casben!
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Sigh.

There is such a thing called 'levels of blindness', which includes color blindness, night blindness, legally blindness, total blindness, visually impaired, etc. That being said, the blind driving isn't a new thing, people just happen to group the different levels all together.

The braile at drivethrus and other things like such are most likely for people that are legally blind and more-able levels, just in case they need extra help reading, or if they're use to reading braile now, even if their eyesight happens to get better. My mum is considered 'legally blind' n her right eye in some places because she only has peripheral vision in it - yet she drives just fine (as well as read). Sight, yes is important when driving, but your other senses are suppose to come into play when you've become impaired.

With all the new automobile technology being developed out there, I don't doubt that a total blind person could be able to operate a car in the near future though. Take a look at this (caution, it is a bit long): The Road to Driving Blind. If I have some time later, I'll take some quotes from it~
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

I was saying that the idea of a blind person driving was possible. With our technology we can make a blind person drive safely.

Its not at all conceivable but I was just saying that there is a possibility that one day they might be able to one day get out on the open road. I hope one day that they can, because its just another step towards being more independent and getting back a little piece of what they have lost.

Otaku Silenced_Shadow may be famous one day Silenced_Shadow's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_G135
    Sigh.

There is such a thing called 'levels of blindness', which includes color blindness, night blindness, legally blindness, total blindness, visually impaired, etc. That being said, the blind driving isn't a new thing, people just happen to group the different levels all together.

The braile at drivethrus and other things like such are most likely for people that are legally blind and more-able levels, just in case they need extra help reading, or if they're use to reading braile now, even if their eyesight happens to get better. My mum is considered 'legally blind' n her right eye in some places because she only has peripheral vision in it - yet she drives just fine (as well as read). Sight, yes is important when driving, but your other senses are suppose to come into play when you've become impaired.

With all the new automobile technology being developed out there, I don't doubt that a total blind person could be able to operate a car in the near future though. Take a look at this (caution, it is a bit long): The Road to Driving Blind. If I have some time later, I'll take some quotes from it~

****, I know I am just saying that, if they are all the way blind they cant drive lol I am nopt saying parcially blind I am sure if they were color blind they could still drive meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism
    I was saying that the idea of a blind person driving was possible. With our technology we can make a blind person drive safely.

Its not at all conceivable but I was just saying that there is a possibility that one day they might be able to one day get out on the open road. I hope one day that they can, because its just another step towards being more independent and getting back a little piece of what they have lost.
    I know, I just wanted to make a funny. I understand what you are saying man.
    Last edited by Silenced_Shadow; Jul 28, 2006 at 03:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast