+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blood For Oil

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Blood For Oil

I think you people are smart enought to give more arguments than calling a president fool, or crasy, instead of posting again and again that bush needs to be booted out, try to have some facts about your discussion.

One of the major misconception about this issue is the fact that Iraq's oil purchases are only a fraction of the total imports needed by the US. Currently the US imports about 10,100 barrels of crude oil per day, and of those only 553 come from Iraq, before the US invation Iraq exported 795 barrels a day...

So in reality, Iraq's oil is nothing in comparasion of the needs of the US market, and the imports from that country is going down instead of up...

Here is a link for this numbers: U.S. Crude Oil Imports

Newbie Rabbits are Roadkill is off to a good start Rabbits are Roadkill's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GallComp View Post
    I think you people are smart enought to give more arguments than calling a president fool, or crasy, instead of posting again and again that bush needs to be booted out, try to have some facts about your discussion.

One of the major misconception about this issue is the fact that Iraq's oil purchases are only a fraction of the total imports needed by the US. Currently the US imports about 10,100 barrels of crude oil per day, and of those only 553 come from Iraq, before the US invation Iraq exported 795 barrels a day...

So in reality, Iraq's oil is nothing in comparasion of the needs of the US market, and the imports from that country is going down instead of up...

Here is a link for this numbers: U.S. Crude Oil Imports
    I agree that we should be talking about more 'educated' subjects, but it's fun to burn the government every once in a while.
    I'm glad to see that someone actually went and got statistics on this. I now know that Iraq is NOT one of the more important sources.

Thank you for setting me striaght.

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm william to drive a golfcart or an electric car .
    they are already making electric power cars and pure anchol runing cars and m ethnol stations, I wish Bush Jr was poor like bumb.
    and he's needs to be commiteed to the funny farm.
    seriously, If was surive his insane war and lost a leg or a arm, and he gave me a stupid purple heart I through right him and tell him to go to heck
    and yell at him for wrecking my life and call him a murderer..
    Come on , evening congress hates him, his welcome is wearing out very fast.
    and you know his very stubbing can you guess how many people he's tick off?
    how many familiy menbers lost kids lost ther dads and uncles, sons , brothers, nephews
    moms, sisters, aunts,
    you the best way to end terrorism the fighter plane called Puff the magic dragon.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    they are already making electric power cars and pure anchol runing cars and m ethnol stations, ...

you the best way to end terrorism the fighter plane called Puff the magic dragon.
    Oh really, 'Puff' was the nickname for a militarized DC3 (which hasn't been made since the early 1950s) that has three 30 caliber miniguns sticking out of its side, and would be a sitting duck for any modern man portable antiaircraft missile. But besides the military trivia, the entire US corn crop would only replace %15 percent of the US gasoline supply. To completely replace oil use in the US with corn ethanol would take an estimated 98% of the US landmass (which includes deserts, forests and mountains) a figure that is unlikely to be met. Current US ethanol production is already having a detrimental effect on the world price for corn, as well as increasing the cost of production for eggs, meat and dairy products. Just because your willing to drive a alcohol powered car doesn't mean that the alcohol will be available... Are you willing to give up on cars and accept a far lower standard of living, or do you think that they might be a reason why nations have gone to war to protect access to trade routes and strategic raw materials???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    they are already making electric power cars and pure anchol runing cars and m ethnol stations, I wish Bush Jr was poor like bumb.
    and he's needs to be commiteed to the funny farm.
    seriously, If was surive his insane war and lost a leg or a arm, and he gave me a stupid purple heart I through right him and tell him to go to heck
    and yell at him for wrecking my life and call him a murderer..
    Come on , evening congress hates him, his welcome is wearing out very fast.
    and you know his very stubbing can you guess how many people he's tick off?
    how many familiy menbers lost kids lost ther dads and uncles, sons , brothers, nephews
    moms, sisters, aunts,
    Uh, What...? Half of your post makes no sence...

The funny thing is that you keep on insulting the president of the US and calling him names but offer no argument to validate your comments. I think you have seen one too many of those closed minded Michael Moore's documentaries. I dont fully support Bush, but that doesnt mean I will close my mind and eyes and not read or investigate the true facts.

Unless you have a valid point or argument I will ask you not to post again in this thread...

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

I am no fan of the current political regime nor of the Republican party in general... but what most people looking for a scapegoat fail to recognize is that this is situation that MANY presidents, MANY cabinets and MANY politicians have created over many years.

Our OWN reckless consumption as individuals, as a nation and as a world community is chief to blame for the current squabbling worldwide over oil. There is not enough of it and whoever runs out first will be at a SERIOUS disadvantage on the world stage. In fact, running out of oil before an infrastructure has been built to support an alternate fuel source would leave us completely vulnerable to just about anything you could possibly imagine. Our government isn't stupid. They aren't going to let that happen. And while war-mongering is terrible: we have ALWAYS gained the resources we need through conquest and colonialism. The jargon has changed... now it's "liberation", and yes, we're being lied to. But believe it or not, there is a very GOOD reason we're so eager to shed blood for oil: we are the first country that's going to run out.

Democrats are just as much to blame for our inaction on implementing alternative fuel sources, arming those in the middle east and pouring money into Middle Eastern nations that are currently in the grip of totalitarian regimes, religious fanatics and/or fighting civil/border wars.

Bush is not to blame... he's just a scapegoat. Granted, his administration is one of the worst we've had in decades: but he is largely a victim of crappy timing. 9-11 would have occured reguardless of who sat in the chair in the Oval Office...

If everyone hated him so much, y'all shouldn't have re-elected his ass ~_~;

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

The war with Iraq is over with but Bush Jr is keeping the troops there for his oil ,
    the pint is enough is enough of serving in iraq bring the troops home to be with thier famies.
    yeah they vounteered for this insane mission but it over with.
    who cares about oil
    and yes that's plane that shout be used in middle east and Iraq no terrorist won't have chance with that plane.

Seriously would you accept a purple heart from BUSH Jr?
    when your life is not the same and your arm or legs are gone.
    The point is > IS THIS REALLY WORTH IT?
    Risking lives for one man's oil ,

Thanks

And again, the oil that comes from Iraq has no impact in the overall import scheme, its just a fraction of it. I will post the link again, so you can open your eyes to that misconception. U.S. Crude Oil Imports

I would proudly accept the purple heart, why? Because it was my decision to enroll in the armed forces, and I by that time I knew the concecuences and duties of that decision.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast