Closed Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: blood relatives dating?

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: blood relatives dating?

cousins? manage they didnt know and end up in the back room together? ahh sickness only if the parents find out

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

When your dating someone and intend for a long relationship you want to know them like a sibling, the problem is that brothers and sisters that date nolonger see that there related after that happens everthing gos down hill. there minds work like childhood friends, as thay get older the more thay get close and if the parents don't see this happening then blood lovers will be the game to play next for these "kids".
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Because it immoral, and something that should not be done. I could date my dog, but i dont. Why? Because it "Because it immoral, and something that should not be done".
    No, dating dog is illegal. And yet, who decides what is immoral and what ain't?
    A moral is something that is decided by invidual person, or maybe forced into
    that particular state by peer preasure.

Maybe public-moral ain't at our side but what forces us to do what some think
    is right according to their morale. I have decided long ago that when it comes
    to cases like this I act according to my personal feelings. And do what I think
    is right, I love her and I ain't letting public morale to affect that.

And why have everyone should act according to public morale when in this
    case it ain't equal as law.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Otaku LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound's Avatar
    Thanks

blood releatives dating is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nasty its not even fair ta tha kidz tht come out of it
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LostbutFound View Post
    blood releatives dating is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nasty its not even fair ta tha kidz tht come out of it
    Please little more open minded, and back-up your statements a little,
    especially that kid statement.

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

kids probably wont notice the difference about dating relatives because they are still young and naive

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    got this topic off my sis cierra(thanks for the idea) and i wanna know, do you nthink it is right for siblings to date?
    let me know and thanks cierra for the idea
    No, it is not right for siblings to date, now.

Growing up in the US I considered dating anyone with in 6-8 generations sick and wrong. Then I grew up.

The concept of it being wrong to date immediate family actually comes from the Bible. No having sex with parents, children, siblings, aunts, or uncles. It was pretty specific. Previous to that, and after that in other countries, it was considered perfectly acceptable to date a sister or brother. In Egypt the Pharohs were required to in order to keep the bloodlines (Greecian) clean. Mind you by the time Cleopatra had come along that breeding program had produced an idiot (metally retarded) in the body of her husband/brother.

NightFox and vegeta touch on that in some of their posts.

When there is a genetic problem in the family the chances of it being carried on between siblings is really high. For example concerning Schizophrenia:
    Surveys of the behavior of schizophrenics and members of their families have been carried out to gauge the role of hereditary factors. In the general population the risk of schizophrenics been estimated to be of the order of 1 to 2 percent. For half-siblings the figure is about 7 percent, and for full siblings between 10 to 15 percent. For children with one schizophrenic parent the percentage is roughly between 10 to 15 percent, but in cases where both parents are schizophrenic the risk for their children ranges between 40 to 68 percent.
    Since mental disease is the main one cited in concerns with close family interbreeding this should give you a pretty good idea of the risk involved.

When genetics started to be understood it was thought that this would apply to relatives within a few generations as well, as in the hemophilia mentioned by vegeta:
    Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta View Post
    And it is very important to take genetic disorders into consideration when blood relatives get involved (actually when any two people get involved it doesn't hurt to look)

I'm sure we've all heard of the Romanovs and Alexei who had hemophilia. This arose because the mother carried hemophilia on one of her X chromosomes (but didn't have the disorder because it is recessive). Had she gotten with a male who also had hemophilia, then half of her female children and all of her male children would have hemophilia. As opposed to none of her female children and 1/2 of her male children as would be the case if her husband did not have the disorder.
    This hemophilia actually is carried in most of the royal families in Europe since they all intermarried each other. As a result laws were made in some places forbidding marriage within a set number of generations, hence my beliefs growing up.

However, a few years ago they did studies that discovered an unexpected result. They have long known that the chances of someone inheriting an mental diseases from the combination of both parents, from the general populace, is about 4%. It was assumed that within a few generations it would be around 30-40%. The result? Once you step outside of the immediate family, even as first cousins, the chances rise only to 7%. Less then twice as high as the general populace with no genetic relations.

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    i agree. you must be really desperate. it's nasty and wrong by all genetic codes.moral codes, and all religions
    And once again you show that you haven't studied the subject. Genetic has just been covered above. Moral is based entirely on culturally accepted norms and dating cousins is perfectly acceptable in many societies if not encouraged. The only religion I know of that condems dating and marrying your relatives is Christianity/Judism (and presumably Muslim) and as I pointed out above that only applies to immediate family, not cousins.

NightFox, you have my best wishes.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hellknight View Post
    kids probably wont notice the difference about dating relatives because they are still young and naive
    Too bad your age ain't showing in your profile...
    But maybe some are, I ain't one.

Arianna, that was really good post in debate. Everything was strictly
    on topic and you had actually READ posts that were made before.
    And thanks, thanks a lot. I really appresiate it.

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast