Closed Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: blood relatives dating?

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: blood relatives dating?

its really odd that blood relatives are dating online or in real life, its weird, but if the parents would know about it, then they would be furious about that situation, like gay or lesbians. but that kind of thing though

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Well ok, I thought it would be, and with all those other strict rules im surprised. Must suck to be a teen there. Rules on kissing? What do they do stand there with a clipboard to see if you done it right.
    No, but they have been known to keep a close eye on how close teens dance at church socials.

Kissing

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    And I don't actually know for sure but in US there are 24 states that don't allow cousins to marry, when states have some rules for it and others just think it's legal. But seems that in most of states still have negative way to see cousins realtionship.
    The reason it is considered negative is because in the US in States where it is not allowed there is a steriotype of the Appalachian "kissin cousins" who date each other because either there is no one else or no one else would have them. It's synonomous with being either an uncultured hick or a loser.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    The reason it is considered negative is because in the US in States where it is not allowed there is a steriotype of the Appalachian "kissin cousins" who date each other because either there is no one else or no one else would have them. It's synonomous with being either an uncultured hick or a loser.
    It's kinda weird that some actually have that kind of stereotype...
    Well, I have been called as loser too cos' of it, but I could never think
    that I would date my cousin just beacause there ain't anyone else for me.
    I date my cousin cos' we have freedom to choose, and I used it.
    I didn't go out with someone else cos' I chose not to do always what other
    people except from you.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    It's kinda weird that some actually have that kind of stereotype...
    Not really, it's a variation of the "village idiot" steriotype. A group of people who have lived somewhere for hundreds of years, intermarrying, never leaving home, all of them related, and eventually a village idiot is born. Narrow breeding, narrow veiw, narrow world. In the US that area is found mostly in the Appalachians.

In Europe that was countered to a degree because it was common for those with money or titles to marry their cousins since they were the only people they knew/associated with. However in the US there was no counter to that so the steriotype was allowed full rein. Still in places where it is legal there no one thinks twice of it as Shodokan touched on in his post.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Is night fox seeing his first or second cousin?
    I've had little cousins have crushes on me but my older relatives think it's weird. They don't realize they haven't been told it's wrong so they don't really think about it.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

The reason incest (relationship between close relatives) is both illegal and immoral is because their alleles are too similar. If there is the slightest defect in DNA and the DNA is mingled, then the result of the mingling will end up with a grievous disorder. I am sure that if there were no risk of a deformed child, it never would have been considered wrong, and therefore incest would be perfectly allowable. But, as it stands, there is a risk, and it is wrong to put your future children in danger.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't remember the article but the chances of a child being deformed really aren't that high even in first cousins.

Otaku Wolf_of_the_North may be famous one day Wolf_of_the_North may be famous one day Wolf_of_the_North's Avatar
    Just a hopscotch away from Never Never Land...
    Thanks

Still, would you be willing to put your child in risk, even if the chances are slim?

DEMON SPAWN IS AWESOME!!!!! XP

Closed Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast