View Poll Results: Would you let your freind give you a body piercing instead of a proffesional?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 19.23%
  • No

55 70.51%
  • Not Sure

12 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Body Piercing

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow Body Piercing

Ok so heres the discussion i wanna hear about.

I am looking to get a naval piercing (belly button), but I want my freind to do it rather than getting it professionally done.

I was wondering if we could discuss the risk of getting a body piercing done by an ameteur rather than a professional,

risk of type of body jewelry used for a new piercing (specially belly button)

tools used, procedure,

and i like to hear about all your personal stories about your own body piercing whether it bein done by a porfessinal or not (and time its taking to heal)

And itd be great if anyone can give links as how to the procedure of how its done along with information about caring for your new piercing.

TAnKyU!!! ^^

Oh, and i just wanna let you all know that the poll is a public poll...
    Last edited by Rook; Dec 02, 2007 at 12:05 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rook For This Useful Post:

dark angel (Dec 20, 2007), !Little negi sensei (Dec 27, 2007)

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Body Piercing

well there can be a 50/50% chance of you getting AIDS we don't want that to happen

If you get it done by an amateur, well i rathre take the money and go get it done professionaly

• you dont want to catch a disease.
    • you don't want to bleed to death.
    • he might have no fuc*ing clue what he doing

so take the money and go to a pro ok !!!!
    Yeah, Bye.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iluvmyloser For This Useful Post:

dark angel (Dec 20, 2007)

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmyloser View Post
    well there can be a 50/50% chance of you getting AIDS we don't want that to happen

If you get it done by an amateur, well i rathre take the money and go get it done professionaly

• you dont want to catch a disease.
    • you don't want to bleed to death.
    • he might have no fuc*ing clue what he doing

so take the money and go to a pro ok !!!!
    i know, thAts true,(oh and the one thats gonna perform the piercing is a girl, im a boy...)

and i thinking of sterilizing the needle first by alchohol wipes, then putting it through flame to sterilize it.
    i am worried about how she's gonna place the piercing, and i can only hope she knows wut she is doing. (i guess im willing to take the risk)

also i id get it professionaly done, but im not yet 18, and the fact im gettining a navel piercing, theres no way my dad would let me get it since im a boy.

so im seriously considering letting her do it, only, i wanna make sure we do it right.

also i think the risk might be the same if i get it with a professional, since one of my freinds had it done by a "profesional", but he messed up on hers, didnt pierce it deep enough, her body rejected the belly ring and tore apart, leaving an ugly scar.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rook For This Useful Post:

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Eww....well umm yeah thats the reason i would not get a belly button ring

First, you should get your belly button pierced by a reputable piercing artist, with sterile equipment and quality navel rings. You shouldn't have a friend pierce your belly button, and you also shouldn't let anyone pierce your navel with a piercing gun, like the type they use to pierce your ears at the mall. You should go to a reputable piercing artist, someone who works at either a piercing studio or a tattoo and piercing studio. You should also make sure that the equipment and jewelry that they will be using is sterilized. At most piercing studios, this will be standard operating procedure, but definitely check into this before you get pierced.

You also want to make sure that you've eaten something an hour or less before you get pierced. Eating before you get pierced helps lessen your chance of fainting from the pain. You also should not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol when you get pierced. For one thing, you want to be sure that you are making good decisions, and drugs or alcohol may impair your judgment. For another thing, alcohol thins your blood, making it a whole lot more likely that you will bleed heavily when you are pierced. Most piercing artists will refuse to pierce a person that they believe to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol for these very reasons.

Your piercing artist will normally offer you a few choices for your initial jewelry. Some piercing artists will use a captive bead ring (CBR), but a curved barbell belly button ring is a much more common choice, and tends to work better for the healing of your belly button piercing. Most piercing artists will also steer you away from anything too heavy for your initial jewelry, as heavier jewelry should only be worn with a healed navel piercing. In terms of materials, the standard is typically surgical steel, but there are a few other options offered at some piercing studios. If you are allergic to any metals, it's definitely a good idea to discuss this with your piercing artist. They may suggest that you only wear the more expensive 14k Real Gold Belly Button Rings.

When it comes time for the actual piercing, your piercing artist will clean your skin around your belly button and mark the outside and inside of your belly button with a marker or pen, and ask you if the positioning is what you want. Take your time and make sure that the dots are in the location where you envision your jewelry going through your belly button. After the dots are in the right spot, you will lie down on your back, and your piercing artist will put a clamp on the skin that is about to be pierced. Many people say that the clamp is actually more painful than the piercing itself, but that is certainly debatable.

The piercing is accomplished by putting a pretty substantial needle through the skin of your navel; the good news is that you won't see it happening. There will be some pain involved, of course, but the pain is tolerable for most people. There is also inevitably going to be some bleeding involved with the piercing, and your piercing artist will work to get the bleeding to stop or slow to the point where it has virtually stopped. It is entirely possible that the bleeding may restart after you leave the piercing studio, as your new piercing is a wound at this point. Just be sure to clean the blood off with a clean, disposable substance (cotton gauze is a good choice), and be as gentle as you can with your new piercing. Be sure to listen to any aftercare instructions that your piercing artist gives you, or, better yet, get a written instruction sheet for aftercare.

(Sry i dont know how to quote from other sites but if a moderator does well ok then sry)

but here is the site i seriously tried to quote.....

Belly Button Ring Piercing
    Yeah, Bye.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iluvmyloser For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmyloser View Post
    Eww....well umm yeah thats the reason i would not get a belly button ring

First, you should get your belly button pierced by a reputable piercing artist, with sterile equipment and quality navel rings. You shouldn't have a friend pierce your belly button, and you also shouldn't let anyone pierce your navel with a piercing gun, like the type they use to pierce your ears at the mall. You should go to a reputable piercing artist, someone who works at either a piercing studio or a tattoo and piercing studio. You should also make sure that the equipment and jewelry that they will be using is sterilized. At most piercing studios, this will be standard operating procedure, but definitely check into this before you get pierced.

You also want to make sure that you've eaten something an hour or less before you get pierced. Eating before you get pierced helps lessen your chance of fainting from the pain. You also should not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol when you get pierced. For one thing, you want to be sure that you are making good decisions, and drugs or alcohol may impair your judgment. For another thing, alcohol thins your blood, making it a whole lot more likely that you will bleed heavily when you are pierced. Most piercing artists will refuse to pierce a person that they believe to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol for these very reasons.

Your piercing artist will normally offer you a few choices for your initial jewelry. Some piercing artists will use a captive bead ring (CBR), but a curved barbell belly button ring is a much more common choice, and tends to work better for the healing of your belly button piercing. Most piercing artists will also steer you away from anything too heavy for your initial jewelry, as heavier jewelry should only be worn with a healed navel piercing. In terms of materials, the standard is typically surgical steel, but there are a few other options offered at some piercing studios. If you are allergic to any metals, it's definitely a good idea to discuss this with your piercing artist. They may suggest that you only wear the more expensive 14k Real Gold Belly Button Rings.

When it comes time for the actual piercing, your piercing artist will clean your skin around your belly button and mark the outside and inside of your belly button with a marker or pen, and ask you if the positioning is what you want. Take your time and make sure that the dots are in the location where you envision your jewelry going through your belly button. After the dots are in the right spot, you will lie down on your back, and your piercing artist will put a clamp on the skin that is about to be pierced. Many people say that the clamp is actually more painful than the piercing itself, but that is certainly debatable.

The piercing is accomplished by putting a pretty substantial needle through the skin of your navel; the good news is that you won't see it happening. There will be some pain involved, of course, but the pain is tolerable for most people. There is also inevitably going to be some bleeding involved with the piercing, and your piercing artist will work to get the bleeding to stop or slow to the point where it has virtually stopped. It is entirely possible that the bleeding may restart after you leave the piercing studio, as your new piercing is a wound at this point. Just be sure to clean the blood off with a clean, disposable substance (cotton gauze is a good choice), and be as gentle as you can with your new piercing. Be sure to listen to any aftercare instructions that your piercing artist gives you, or, better yet, get a written instruction sheet for aftercare.

(Sry i dont know how to quote from other sites but if a moderator does well ok then sry)

but here is the site i seriously tried to quote.....

Belly Button Ring Piercing
    thank you so much!!! ^^
    ive just learned some new things i didnt know (like that bit about fainting)

would it be alright to use sterling silver curved barbell for my first piercing?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rook For This Useful Post:

Thanks

well on your first?yeah probably but you might want to search that pm me and ill give you an answer but i think its ok. The people that do these things know but i think that will be probably your best choice
    Yeah, Bye.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iluvmyloser For This Useful Post:

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

well im for one am not all for body piercing anyway, but if i was going to have it done it would diffently be done by at least someone who knows full well how to do it correctly

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

14. The Following User Says Thank You to anime_being_god For This Useful Post:

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

I would rather get my piercings done professionally rather than have a friend do it, unless they know how to sterilize the equipment well enough like a professional.

I got my nose done professionally and I am glad I did. I would never let a friend do it as there is more change of infection and that would result it going to the hospital to have removed.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sazzy For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast